Case closed?

It can't rip the switch off the PCB, as the plastic doesn't allow the button to slip in that far.
I broke the shoulder button of my one Pandora by dropping it in such a way that the button actually split the case open and jammed inside onto switch. It can happen, but I'm to understand the plastic for the Pyra is much stronger so far less likely to happen.

I broke the shoulder button of my one Pandora by dropping it in such a way that the button actually split the case open and jammed inside onto switch. It can happen, but I'm to understand the plastic for the Pyra is much stronger so far less likely to happen.

Pandoras shoulder button doesn't have a lot of resistance in the case. You can even cram it into the case by pushing it VERY hard.
That doesn't work on the Pyra.
[doublepost=1521336379,1521336315][/doublepost]
I meant in general. Does the case crack or shatter? I know later cases should be stronger, but how much can we abuse a clear one?

To my knowledge, none of the transparent cases have developed and cracks so far. Only the colored ones (which also means the material was pretty bad, very brittle).

Thank you so much for posting a video with awesome up close shots. Its getting there! Also transparent case is confirmed for best case. Science proves it.

I love my pandora, but the case is terrible. Its maybe the worst case (in terms of fit and finish and overall quality, not design or layout) I have ever used. I'm glad you're taking your time on this one.

I can't wait to get mine, but I'm going to. Keep the updates coming ED.

Those shoulder button taps felt like back rubbing for me... And I've made this point before, where like; No matter how angry I'd ever become, all it would take is for someone to scratch my back and I'd instantly calm down (even though I never get to the point of completely losing it, nowadays).
Guess that would substitute well enough with just tapping those click'y shoulder buttons, hurr.

Also, as I wrote on my profile; Imma look into upgrading to 4GB since everything seems to be going somewhat smoothly~ <3

nice video! i could listen all day to those buttons clicking :D hopefully the next revision has a better right shoulder buttons and no rattling stylus so ED can cross the case off the todo list and get more sleep! :)

Isn't the brittleness caused by lack of oil? I thought that was added in with the pellets.
Could it be that the process just fails 1/2 times and that the colour doesn't have to do with it?

Isn't the brittleness caused by lack of oil? I thought that was added in with the pellets.
Could it be that the process just fails 1/2 times and that the colour doesn't have to do with it?

Well, transparent material is the easiest one to produce. My guess is that the black one they sent to me wasn't mixed properly for some reason.
Hence we're moving to the new company (that's a lot more experienced with colors and custom mixtures) after the inital 500 transparent ones.

nice video! i could listen all day to those buttons clicking :D hopefully the next revision has a better right shoulder buttons and no rattling stylus so ED can cross the case off the todo list and get more sleep! :)
The shoulder buttons including both of the right hand ones work find if you assemble the unit including a keymat. How well it works with different PCBs installed (since everything is built to a tolerance only) remains to be seen, but so far it all looks peachy.

Oh, and doesn't look like the RHS will fit.

From the keyboard test mule, it looked like the stylus diameter and clip mechanism were very similar. The tower length appears to be about the same. We'll find out eventually.

Back when I was building the 10 RHS examples, I sent two to @EvilDragon. No idea if they were received.

I'm still not sure why the Pyra and Pandora stock styluses are so short. The chamber and clip mechanism can handle a much longer piece.

The shoulder buttons including both of the right hand ones work find if you assemble the unit including a keymat. How well it works with different PCBs installed (since everything is built to a tolerance only) remains to be seen, but so far it all looks peachy.
Wait so do we need another case revision or not?

e0h0fc.jpg

Yes, we already need a tweak to the stylus holder surround to stop the stylus from rattling. Whether the shoulder buttons need any changes depends on testing with other PCBs, although hopefully not, because the more changes there are the better chance there is for something to slip. They did well this last time though, fixing everything that had been asked of them I think.

It's 2 parts.
Stylus and one shoulder button.
I wouldn't call that a case revision.

The last one was a major thing (read what's been done).
This one should be easy to do. Shouldn't take too long.

This one should be easy to do. Shouldn't take too long.
What could possibly go wrong? :)

We have been here many times before. Perhaps it should not, but somehow it will (two months™). I am not holding my breath.

What could possibly go wrong? :)

We have been here many times before. Perhaps it should not, but somehow it will (two months™). I am not holding my breath.

Optimistic view:
Greece contact tells the company what to.
They fix it today.
Case production and shipping this week.

That is possible.
It's only stylus and one little shoulder button tweak.

I remember, when i got my Pandora (CC First Batch) the right shoulderbuttons wasnt working, so i remapped the PSX Emulator a bit too use a diverent button..,
I ditnt wantet to ship the Pandora back to EvilDragon, because i was to exitet whit it, so instead i decided to let it soo,
then after some months, i found a fine mechanics screedriver in the ceilings and opened carefully the bottompart, found a dis lokadet foampad, and fixed the shoulderbutton..,
As the PCSX Remarded Button config is for diverent Gamepad Types, it needs another months until i remapped the right shoulderbutton to R...

So im happy that the Pyra Shoulderbuttons work whitout foam pads, even if one of them still needs a bit of work

Back