Cases get a shipping date [2010-09-10)

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Finally some news from Fatih:

We got a free slot in an airplane (you can't just take any plane with such big shipment) on Tuesday, so the cases will finally fly towards assembly hall.

Yay!

Here is a quick inspection sample picture, Fatih is trying to get them to take a picture of the boxes, as that would really look cool!

newcase.JPG

Now all we need is more good news from Texas and the nubs... will inform you as soon as I know something :)

I'm excited. I was most concerned about the cases.

Wonderful! So the cases are soon on their way. :)

How long will they take for that journey?

Fatih is trying to get them to take a picture of the boxes, as that would really look cool!

Preferably with a bit of local flair in the background - like as they're being loaded onto an old Russian built ex-military cargo jet...

@ ED/Cragix - Fatih's tweet mentions 4000 cases & ED talks about a biiiiiig shipment. Are you airfreighting all 4000 to make up time?

@ ED/Cragix - Fatih's tweet mentions 4000 cases & ED talks about a biiiiiig shipment. Are you airfreighting all 4000 to make up time?
I think it was 2000 of them. But for the life of me I can't remember where I got that figure from.

2000 makes sense. There are 100 in the UK already and we're still waiting Nubs/boards from the UK.

I doubt Texas will be able to produce 2100 before the slow boat from China arrives.

Hmm, it's always hard to tell with a photograph, especially when the apparent finish is largely due to slight contours around various parts - the balance of flash to ambient light really affects how it looks. I remember the whole kerfuffle when the original lids came out, before they decided to try painting them. Every sample looked completely different. Now they're painted they come out a bit more consistent, but there's still variance.

This was good news! Will they ship the other cases too? Was it 1000 via Air and 2000 via boat? I can't remember.

This was good news! Will they ship the other cases too? Was it 1000 via Air and 2000 via boat? I can't remember.

The original plan was 1000 via air and 3000 via boat... but since it took longer, 2000 will go via air and 2000 via boat (AFAIR).

Back