Center Click Vs More Travel

Which would interest you more? (assuming both are high quality at what they are made to do)

• Nub with 1mm of travel from center, sturdy center click

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nub with 2mm of travel, no center click

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tripmonkey_uk said:
EDIT: I can see Craig and co. talking to the people who made the original one's and seeing if they can make them without the stick click. Loosing the stick click would mean that the company could save money (+make money selling them) and at the same time they could still use the parts that they've already purchased.

Where was this mentioned?

Last edited by a moderator:
Goto youtube and look and the video of the 2 nubs. Take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjOcyN5Bnmk

-Brandon

Brandon Orban said:
Goto youtube and look and the video of the 2 nubs. Take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjOcyN5Bnmk

-Brandon

I don't see it. They compared the 1mm nub with the original 2.5mm, they said nothing about using the original nub without the click. The other choice, unless there has been some news, is a 2mm no-click nub.

Brandon Orban said:
From what I seen i don't think that was the origional didn't the original have 3mm movement.
No.

EDIT: Um, actually I'm not sure now... I could've sworn I saw the video described somewhere as being the original vs. the 1mm...

Yes, you can see the 1mm (on the right) in that video is next to useless. I would love to see the 2mm alternative, though.

btw it seemed to me the one on the left was the original nub but with a different cap (perhaps the original, not a custom Pandora one like we have seen? I don't know), and the description said it was 2.5mm.

Esn said:
Tripmonkey_uk said:
EDIT: I can see Craig and co. talking to the people who made the original one's and seeing if they can make them without the stick click. Loosing the stick click would mean that the company could save money (+make money selling them) and at the same time they could still use the parts that they've already purchased.

I never said it was mentioned.
I said that I can see Craig and co... meaning that if it was me making the system, then that's what I would have tried first before having to source parts from somewhere else.

Sorry for causing confusion/getting hopes up :)

Tripmonkey_uk said:
Esn said:
Tripmonkey_uk said:

I never said it was mentioned.
I said that I can see Craig and co... meaning that if it was me making the system, then that's what I would have tried first before having to source parts from somewhere else.

Sorry for causing confusion/getting hopes up :)
But wouldn't it be better for Craigix and Co. to try to talk the makers of the 1mm one into making that one, but with a larger throw? MWeston said himself that if the 1mm one had a larger throw, it would have been that one hands down, and it has stick click.

-God Ginrai

Ginrai, I'm sorry, but that would take a ridiculously long time, and not only that, the company would have to be heavily persuaded, as they'd be manufacturing and designing a fairly proprietary nub in a short window.

I'm for good controls just as much as the next guy, but there's a point at which you just have to let this stuff go.

CronoTriggerfan said:
Ginrai, I'm sorry, but that would take a ridiculously long time, and not only that, the company would have to be heavily persuaded, as they'd be manufacturing and designing a fairly proprietary nub in a short window.

I'm for good controls just as much as the next guy, but there's a point at which you just have to let this stuff go.
Excuse me, but that wouldn't take any more time than it would take for the original company that produced the nubs to redesign their nubs to remove a feature, like Tripmonkey was suggesting.

Also, please don't say you're for good controls, because you were all for shoving the system in the fast lane with the 1mms before the 2mms without click were even suggested.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
Excuse me, but that wouldn't take any more time than it would take for the original company that produced the nubs to redesign their nubs to remove a feature, like Tripmonkey was suggesting.
Depends on how the stick incorporates the click. If the click is just a pressure switch on the bottom of the stick that you hit when you push down, then it could be as simple as removing the switch or putting a blank bottom on it.
Without seeing the inside of the component to find out how it all fits together who knows?

CronoTriggerfan said:
Whatever your opinion may be, I just find your behavior a bit... obsessive, regardless of how harshly you may speak to your opposition.
I could say that you're obsessing over an earlier release. As for how harsh I am. I've only been harsh to you. And the reason I've been harsh to you is mainly because of that half-assed "Boo hoo" remark. When you talk like a smart-ass, expect to be treated like one.

EDIT: A Response to Tripmonkey:

Tripmonkey_uk said:
God Ginrai said:
Depends on how the stick incorporates the click. If the click is just a pressure switch on the bottom of the stick that you hit when you push down, then it could be as simple as removing the switch or putting a blank bottom on it.
Without seeing the inside of the component to find out how it all fits together who knows?

If the stick click was that simple, then that wouldn't be the reason that the company considered the analog nub too complex, right? Meaning that they still wouldn't build the stick for Craig, because obviously it was something else in the design of the stick that made it complex. If I were to guess, I'd place my bets that the complexity is because of the spinning motion of the nub.

-God Ginrai

Greater travel allows for greater accuracy, and this is a replacement for the analogs not 2 buttons. If anyone really needs the extra buttons there are the L1 and L2 solder pads or the keyboard. The Pandora isn't just a PSX emulator, there will be some programs/games where you don't need to click.

Kings said:
Greater travel allows for greater accuracy, and this is a replacement for the analogs not 2 buttons. If anyone really needs the extra buttons there are the L1 and L2 solder pads or the keyboard. The Pandora isn't just a PSX emulator, there will be some programs/games where you don't need to click.
Because all those people who want the extra buttons are all soldering experts from Benheck.com, right? Btw, I'm not even a fan of the PS1 and I still believe that we should have stick click.

Tripmonkey_uk said:
CandidStan said:
But there will be programs which would need the click.
There will be programs that need a steering wheel too but you don't have to use one ;)

A steering wheel doesn't fit the handheld MO, now does it? A button does.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
Because all those people who want the extra buttons are all soldering experts from Benheck.com, right? Btw, I'm not even a fan of the PS1 and I still believe that we should have stick click.

I thought this topic had been done to death - the devs are going to have to decide the best solution but if there is no click stick / decent travel solution it will delay the project further and potentially require a hefty investment. Then the choice becomes click stick or increased travel, travel being considered more important by most.

God Ginrai said:
Tripmonkey_uk said:
CandidStan said:
But there will be programs which would need the click.

There will be programs that need a steering wheel too but you don't have to use one ;)
A steering wheel doesn't fit the handheld MO, now does it? A button does.
-God GinraiI think thats his (humorous) point.

Tripmonkey_uk said:
TaG said:
I think thats his (humorous) point.
At least some one got it :)
I think the wink smiley helped. Or as my kid calls them, 'winkies'. ('Son you can't keep referring to them as 'winkies'.' 'Why not Dad?')

Back