Classic, non-upgraded preorders / Current status page?

I don't want you as a customer (I'm not even entirely sure if you are a real customer or just a troll). Send me your order details so I can
refund your $330.

If you don't provide order details I can only assume you actually are a troll who has no outstanding order, which would make more sense right now.

This again? You're seriously going to give someone another "send me your order number?" I'm sure Trip knows he can get a refund and for whatever reason doesn't want to, and whether or you not you want him as a customer he's as entitled to get his preorder as anyone else who still hasn't.

And for fuck's sake, stop calling everyone a troll. Just because someone says negative things to you doesn't mean they're a troll.

..why the heck is he taking upgrades when he can't really deliver.
I believe this is because Craig pays himself a wage. OpenPandora is now his main company so he needs money coming in constantly. ED still has a regular job to pay his wage and his other company to pay the bills etc.. This is the only viable reason I can think of anyway??
No I don't. Why do you keep on posting these lies? I've had no wages from OP for over a year. I often don't even take expenses, paying for things we need out my own pocket.

..EDITED

If you don't provide order details I can only assume you actually are a troll who has no outstanding order, which would make more sense right now.
That's the conclusion I came to because you've posted on more than one occasion about getting a wage. ED doesn't.Therefore I assumed that the only reason you would keep filling orders without having units to send out is because you need to keep bringing money in. Makes sense doesn't it?

Yes I have an order but if you really believe you can cancel it after me waiting and supporting this project for 4 and a half years your off your head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading this makes me wonder how Craig is managing the units he gets and why the heck is he taking upgrades when he can't really deliver.

Because we can are are delivering?

What would you rather we did? Shut the whole project down? Declare bankruptcy?
That comment was about the upgrades, you are taking upgrade money (upgrade that's supposed to get the person out of preorder misery to get the unit in reasonable time) but are unable to deliver for over 3 months. How should people feel, do you like unhappy customers and bad publicity? Can't provide the service, don't take the money until you can, it's that simple. Haven't you learned anything from this preorder hell?

Do tell us what would you do Notaz, you seem to be quite vocal lately in your attacks on the project, how would you handle it?
Don't know Craig, saying that I'm attacking the project is the same as saying you are attacking this project with your incompetence to deal with the customers. After all this I don't think I want to have anything to do with software of your next project.

Come on guys, dont let things get to your head, dont forget that this project is a fantastic thing, lets keep supporting it.

Its obvious that things can get to our head eventually, but lets not go that way.

puppies-n-rainbows.jpg

Come on guys, dont let things get to your head, dont forget that this project is a fantastic thing, lets keep supporting it.

Its obvious that things can get to our head eventually, but lets not go that way.
Come off it, Foxgod. That is not something one says in response to, say, this;

After all this I don't think I want to have anything to do with software of your next project.

That is not something going to anyone's head. It's just you (Foxgod, to clarify, since I'm writing this under another quote) being sycophantic and stirring up stuff where you shouldn't. There has been a lot of the Pandora's top software made by notaz - losing his software would be incredibly bad, and I would hope that people can readily see that.

Come off it, Foxgod. That is not something one says in response to, say, this;

After all this I don't think I want to have anything to do with software of your next project.

That is not something going to anyone's head. It's just you (Foxgod, to clarify, since I'm writing this under another quote) being sycophantic and stirring up stuff where you shouldn't. There has been a lot of the Pandora's top software made by notaz - losing his software would be incredibly bad, and I would hope that people can readily see that.

?

I was just stating to try and look at things a bit more bright,i know what Notaz has done, and all the pandora fans appreciate it.

I was just trying to to tell people not to be so heavy.

Trying to lighten things = not stirring, stirring is the contrary of that.

^ + 1 ,

Prometheus - Huh, what was your post about. Foxgod was only trying to calm things down. I understand your point , but no need to attack a guy with some past reference when they were just trying to calm things down

One doesn't walk into the middle of a protest rally and say "Why can't we all just get along?".

What are we supposed to do when the day comes (and I fear it will) that notaz gets the shiznits with this gig and leaves Craig to sort out his own operating system? How well do you think that will go? Seriously.

^ + 1 ,

Prometheus - Huh, what was your post about. Foxgod was only trying to calm things down. I understand your point , but no need to attack a guy with some past reference when they were just trying to calm things down
Telling someone who has contributed an awful lot for nothing in return that he shouldn't let things go to his head isn't on, and nor are continual attempts at "calming things down" from the same user - something which I have actually had a couple of complaints sent to me about due to it causing disruption, just to make this very clear so that the full story is obvious.

I have no idea what you're talking about with "some past reference" - I'm remarkably hands-off and have only given Foxgod one informal warning against it once before, but it's blatantly obvious that his post, seemingly directed at notaz's statement as it was, could very, very easily stir up problems. Preventing such issues is hardly "attacking". As LineOf7s alluded to, you don't wander into a serious discussion and start preaching about puppies and rainbows.

Foxgod was only trying to calm things down. His comments were general (he said guys - plural ie not Notaz). Yes I understand your point that this an issue that needs to be addressed (not watered down), however, you were overly heavy handed on Foxgod with this comment

"That is not something going to anyone's head. It's just you (Foxgod, to clarify, since I'm writing this under another quote) being sycophantic and stirring up stuff where you shouldn't"

Clearly he wasn't trying to stirr things up.

I think there may be a dual interpretation of "going to your head" here. The usual meaning is when someone gets egotistical or boastful - they are said to get a big head. "All that fame and success went to his head. What a wanker." But I don't think Foxgod meant it that way. I think he meant it more like "don't get too hot headed", or "don't let this do your head in."

^^^^Yes.That's my interpetation of it too.Ive seen a hell of a lot of foxgods posts(im on here too much i guess) and he has yet to stir anything up.

What craig and notaz do is up to themselves but ive noticed that sometimes notaz posts about something without having looked at the thread properly.He usually only posts in software or the beta testing areas and may miss some points or events on the forums.For example the hidden posts in the ask craig section.I knew it was just sony moderating and hiding the posts temporarily.Sony told me so before he hid my posts on 2 occasions.letting things get out of hand over nonsense is silly.At least find something tangible to argue about.

Also im severly tempted to have a whip around and get trip and line of 7's pandoras out to them now and be done with it. Can anyone seriously come up with any other options for speeding up the old preorders for all the guys waiting? It is admittedly getting long in the tooth for them now.

I agree with alot of what has been said in this thread. I'm not going to blame any member of OP for me not having the Pandora I ordered yet, but regardless, my finger has been hovering over the refund button for a little while now. I mean it's obvious that rebirth sales have slowed down and since those sales dictate how many preorderers get their units it's starting to look like the original que is going to remain unfulfilled indefinitely. The 1ghz units are supposed to pick up the slack but they are very expensive and I honestly can't see too many people taking the plunge with the exception of the hardcore users that are active on the forum. Hopefully i'm wrong about that but we'll see what happens. Idk, to me it looks like the end of the que is getting further away rather than closer and I for one would rather get most of my investment back as opposed to losing it all. I'll probably give it to the end of the year and if I don't have it by then i'm out.

The comment about original preorderers cancelling being a good thing doesn't fill me with confidence either. As has been said before, us originals seem to have been relegated to being a burden on the project and that just sucks!!!

Oh, and it's not cool for mods or anyone else for that matter to come into the thread and tell others to stop complaining or to lighten up or to look at the bright side! Everyone has the right to vent as long as it's kept civil imo.

Also im severly tempted to have a whip around and get trip and line of 7's pandoras out to them now and be done with it. Can anyone seriously come up with any other options for speeding up the old preorders for all the guys waiting? It is admittedly getting long in the tooth for them now.

There'll be no "whip-around". Just because our wheels are the squeakiest in no way makes them the most worthy of oil. No, we'll all get them, and we'll get them in order.

..and just because there's nothing anybody can do about speeding things up doesn't mean the whole sorry business isn't a bit shit, and if our crime is to point that out now and then, so be it. I'll remind the viewers playing along at home that despite two posts in this very thread from the esteemed leader of OpenPandora Ltd, there's still been no answer to the original question.

Back