Cps2emu Test Version 8

Goemon4 posted on Feb 13 2007 at 05:49 AM said:
like i said, the psp version was crap for me, the graphics were horrible and choppy. and wouldnt play any European games full speed and i spent hours looking for a us rom set, but nothin, so iwas stuck playing a laggy version of Marvel Super Heroes..... if it dosnt have any of those problems then ill try it now
I found that the PSP version worked extremely well even at 222Mhz - which compared to the GP2X version seemed odd considering that the GP2X is using ASM cpu cores and generally needs to be clocked a smidge higher.

Last edited by a moderator:
lucky <_< but im going to give this a whirl (as soon as i get my 2x back) but games like SF Alpha 2 worked fine on the psp with a ziped cache, but without that the graphics were horrible..... idk if its a bug in the release or if it was my roms, but it was definatly a pain imo (since it took for ever to convert and zip all my roms)

Wow, finally got around to testing this emulator tonight. What can I say? It totally kicks a$$! Well done ell, I am amazed at the performance of this emulator! I guess it's not just ell that needs the thanks, but also the people who contributed in the way of libs and code.

Keep up the fantastic work, it must be perfect already? It seems perfect to me!

I think its CLOSE to being perfect.

The only thing CPS2EMU needs is the option to remap the buttons. I cant think of anything else that could be done. Its just that good.

johnz1 posted on Feb 17 2007 at 12:08 AM said:
I think its CLOSE to being perfect.

The only thing CPS2EMU needs is the option to remap the buttons. I cant think of anything else that could be done. Its just that good.

Hi just to be honest it completely lack vsync.
I know that it could slow down the emulation, but in everything which is not a versus fighter you can notice the screen inconsistence, it could be the last challenge for a REAL perfect emulation.

btw even gngeo doesn't support vsync, even if Pepone said that it would be easy to improve, he never released a new version with this easy mod... to me is a serious problem in any emulator (mame is great also for this) cause you can leave it aside until the code is optimized but claim 70~pfs w/o vsync is not the same as 60 with.

I am the only one!? C'mon I even donated! ;)

PSP version works like a charm for me... now I can take alien vs predator to anywhere I go :lol:

Too bad the King of Fighters series and SvC aren't able to be converted using the included cache making tool.

Any news of a CPS1 emu from anywhere yet?

It would be cool to have the original SF, GNG, Final, Fight and a host of nice shooters that play as well as the CPS2 emu.

smellybohemian said:
does anbody know how to compile the rom converter under Ubuntu Feisty the makfile isn't working for me :(
Tried it yesterday and it worked fine for me. You can also do it without makefile:
cd romcnv/src
gcc *.c -o romconv -lz

smellybohemian said:
You can play a lot of cps1 games under MAMEGP2x checkout the gameslist in the download from the archives
http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,5,1058
does anbody know how to compile the rom converter under Ubuntu Feisty the makfile isn't working for me :(

CPS1 doesn't run very well under MAME though. The sound is bad and it is kind of slow, needs alot of overclock. The scaling options aren't as nice either (course). The CPS2 emu runs very well with good sound. It would be nice if CPS1 ran as well as CPS2 does.

Only cps1 game i have played under mame, is Carrier Air Wing and it plays ok, scaling could look better and if i remember rightly the sound has always been a bit dodgy in that game, but playable enough for me :p

DaveC said:

It would be cool to have the original SF, GNG, Final, Fight and a host of nice shooters that play as well as the CPS2 emu.
Squidge FinalBurn emulate quite well Cps1 as far as i remember, check here:

Fba2x

Bye

Herc. :ph34r:

(smellybohemian @ Jul 9 2007, 03:07 PM) *

does anbody know how to compile the rom converter under Ubuntu Feisty the makfile isn't working for me sad.gif

Tried it yesterday and it worked fine for me. You can also do it without makefile:
cd romcnv/src
gcc *.c -o romconv -lz

Sorry, checked if I had all the required header files and i didn't. Didn't have zlib-dev installed all working now. Thanks for the help. :)

hercule18 said:
DaveC said:

Squidge FinalBurn emulate quite well Cps1 as far as i remember, check here:

Fba2x

Bye

Herc. :ph34r:

That seems to suffer from the same issues as MAME though like choppy sound for CPS1. Since it is an early version it doesn't allow for vertical controls yet either.

This rocks!
yah finally figured out this whole romcnv thing under linux, the linux versin wants path as well as filename all i needed to do is ./ b4 da roms name. Ah well must of left my brain at home, or there is something in the water here in Tasmania, would explain a lot of things.
Thanks Ell.

Back