Cps2emu Test Version 8

@imhotep
I'm not sure your problem come from capex because before to launch CPS2EMU or leave CAPEX I reinitialize SDL with SDL_Quit();
I've seen a random black screen when you put SDL_Quit(); AFTER CPS2EMU launching.
If it's possible try to put your emulator in single buffer instead of double buffer before to launch capex and cps2emu

Yeah it does seem to be some kind of buffer issue. How can I get rid of video buffer when gmenu2x loads?

@JyCet
OK. I have done some more testing with gmenu2x and Capex compatibility.
If I load the respective emu below, exit, load Capex, launch a rom, the following happens:-
Note: Remember, in each case the rom is working fine in the background with sound.

DrMD = Frozen DrMD screen
PocketSnes = Frozen PocketSnes screen
PicoDrive = Blank screen
SquidgeSNES = Blank screen
GPFCE = Perfect!
Gnuboy2x = Perfect!
GnGeo with RAGE2X front end = Perfect!
VICE2X = Perfect!
No emu, just launch Capex straight away after booting = Perfect!

It seems that some emulators are not coded to fully remove their presence when they are exited. This doesn't normally matter, but it seems to in this case. gmenu2x seems to add another video layer that causes problems with Capex (at least for me). :ph34r:

Hi.
I have made another alternative BG-Graphic for the CAPEX Frontend. If you find the original to colorful, here is my simple little skin in some kind of "Liquido"-Style. :)

Download from Rapidshare (Imageshack don't like bmp's )
http://rapidshare.com/files/15352895/capex.rar.html

Simply take the .bmp File from the rar-archive and put it in the CPS2 Emu-Folder where the capex-gpe is

Oh, little suggestion for the CAPEX-dev:
In the large options screen it could be useful if the selection bar jumps to the first option when reached the last option at bottom, by pressing down - and vice versa. :)

fusion_power posted on Feb 7 2007 at 02:52 PM said:
Hi.
I have made another alternative BG-Graphic for the CAPEX Frontend. If you find the original to colorful, here is my simple little skin in some kind of "Liquido"-Style. :)

Download from Rapidshare (Imageshack don't like bmp's )
http://rapidshare.com/files/15352895/capex.rar.html

That looks cool. I had mine from the old thread too: Maybe these could be put in the archive?

Example of what it looks like:

capexscreenshot.png

Copy the image file below to the CPS2 directory. If you don't want to use it anymore just delete and original comes back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had used this skin to. :)
By the way, how can I make screenshots? I had tried various programs for gp2x like these "Fgrab" stuff but it never had worked. :( Only black png files or nothing. And i wanted to make some shots of my gmenu2X ^^"""

fusion_power posted on Feb 7 2007 at 05:01 PM said:
I had used this skin to. :)
By the way, how can I make screenshots? I had tried various programs for gp2x like these "Fgrab" stuff but it never had worked. :( Only black png files or nothing. And i wanted to make some shots of my gmenu2X ^^"""

You have to build the image in a paint program. It is a pain but I don't know of another way. I "borrowed" that screenshot from somewhere, cleared out the background and placed the new background behind it.

I have a few tweaks I want to do still. After that maybe our skins should be put in the archive. Otherwise they will be forgotten after awhile.

Well now, don't I feel like the dirty philanderer ... I read a blurb about Mars Matrix, so I immediately installed it.

OMG, thank you soooooooo much for this emu ... amazing, simply amazing. I now fear that my PSP will be collecting dust :lol:

TelcoLou posted on Feb 8 2007 at 03:16 PM said:
Well now, don't I feel like the dirty philanderer ... I read a blurb about Mars Matrix, so I immediately installed it.

OMG, thank you soooooooo much for this emu ... amazing, simply amazing. I now fear that my PSP will be collecting dust :lol:

Is this the first time you tried it??? Shame on you! :angry:

In other news, the original version written my NJ is being updated again. There are some tasty improvements though I doubt that tastiest one will make it to the GP2X - Wifi multiplayer! Damn!

The following is a hefty chunk that i've lifted directly from dcemu - credit goes to tsurumaru who originally babel fished it.

Code:
"About one month PSP had not touched, but the experiment which is transplanted to Windows/Linux privately with SDL correction of 1.66 bugs which with the process which does are discovered and, taking in the result of drawing speed improvement experiment of the line scroll which has become vague, you adjusted lastly. As for CPS2PSP, because the analysis of CPS2 is advanced with MAME, also cryptographic cancellation algorithm at 0.111u5 point in time is taken in.

Furthermore, because the intention which reopens the development with PSP it is not, please acknowledge beforehand.

* Because only the binary which does not do kxploit it includes, when it executes with FW1.5, please use the installation utility for PSP.
* Because the down grader of FW3.03 was released, it deleted the user mode edition which does not have meaning.
Renewal past record

The intention of ending renewal with 2007/01/28 a little extended in the AdHoc correspondence of CPS2PSP, but you make renewal ending with 2007/02/04.
The あ -, the め it is do. As for excessive demand you think that it is not, but being also NCDZPSP to have decided to integrate the source code, you think that already one time it renews.
Just a little because the part where processing is different from other things is many, it is about whether or not it can release during this week.
You think specification of the folder and the like of MP3 that it is modified. (As for the compatibility of NEOCDPSP you do not adhere anymore and being to think that also the て is good)

Once, because the emulation itself of NEOGEO CD was advanced is 0.50 beta, you work being to have almost ended,, but the integration of UI being difficult, it is not advanced.
Depending upon the speed bat the air which considerably has become good does. Rather than MVSPSP 1.7.0 thinking, it seems the bad way.
The kind of game where it can rewrite the pallet frequently (such as ティンクルスタースプライツ is stabilized more considerably than in the past) it seems that.

The Japanese indication and the command list of NCDZPSP are difficult. If it is not, job is ending long ago, the る is, but.
If you did not attach, it was good, when is, regretting after so long a time, reaching.

2007/02/04: CPS2PSP 1.8.3/CPS1PSP 1.8.3/renewal of the MVSPSP 1.7.0 this page endalready one time renewal schedule
2007/02/03: CPS2PSP 1.8.2
2007/02/02: CPS2PSP 1.8.1
2007/01/28: CPS2PSP 1.8.0/CPS1PSP 1.8.0
CPS2PSP ver.1.8.3 - The CP system 2 emulator for PSP

* CPS2PSP ver.1.8.4 Download
* CPS2PSP ver.1.8.4 (AdHoc corresponding edition) Download

* There are no 1.8.4 sources. Everything collecting the emulator of future four, because it releases, as 2.0 please wait to that.
* Please refer to readme_cps2.txt of attachment in regard to AdHoc corresponding edition.
(AdHoc corresponding edition recommending the use after CFW 3.03OE-C. With other FW it modifies in wlan.prx of 333MHz correspondence, or drop the clock into 222MHz. )

Modification (1.8.4)

* In combination with ROM set to MAME 0.112, it modifies.
Adding mpang.
Mpangj modification to clone set of mpang.
* Being to have forgotten to renew the binary of romcnv_cps2.exe, it replaces.

Modification (1.8.3, only AdHoc corresponding edition)

* The processing of AdHoc for the second time adjustment.
* The product ID which is used for the matching AdHoc modification to the character string which does not compete with other things.
* Pause function addition (only AdHoc). Attendant upon this, also processing of cutting was modified. During game playing dialogue is indicated by the fact that START + SELECT is pushed, the pause is required, [ returns to the game ] [ can select either of cutting ]. Furthermore, dialogue is indicated in also opposite side, but the fact that it can operate is only the side which executed the pause.
* When the communication of AdHoc breaks off 30 seconds or more, way cutting is tried mandatorily, modification.

Bug correction (1.8.2, only AdHoc corresponding edition)

* Correcting the bug where the cutting processing of AdHoc was not done normally.
* Being able to connect with the game which differs the bug which is correcting. (Selecting with 0 buttons, it does not react, way, modification)
* Executing the cancellation of connection, correcting the bug where the communication of AdHoc is not cut off.
* Bug related to other things and AdHoc many correction.

Bug correction (1.8.1)

* Because there is an error in the input port map of Player 2, in several games correction.

Modification (1.8.1)

* Hyper Street Fighter II: The Anniversary Edition (Asia 040202) ROM set name from hsf2a was modified in hsf2.
* Because with former sprite drawing processing wastefulness occurs rather by modifying the texture type of sprite, the cord/code was rewritten.
* Attendant upon the above-mentioned modification, it modified in the shape whose are convenient to the sprite drawing processing where also the format of cash file is new. Version of cash file becomes "V11". Because it renewed romcnv_cps2.exe, please do again to draw up cash file of all games for the second time.
* Initial value of Sample Rate option in "44100Hz" modification.
* Initial value of Video Sync option in "Yes" modification.

Bug correction (1.8.0)

* Because at the time of the line scroll drawing of Scroll2, the clip range has been modified the occasion where it renews texture cash, correcting the bug which has the case where sprite cannot be drawn just.
* Correcting the bug of the memory map of M68000. (With PSP accidentally problem had not come to the surface. )

Modification (1.8.0)

* The line scroll drawing speed of Scroll2 it improved substantially. You think that with most games Raster Effects ON, even with Sound 44KHz it reached the point where speed above 60fps appears.
* Attendant upon the above-mentioned modification, initial value of Raster Effects option in "ON" modification.
* Taking in the CPS2 decoding algorithm of MAME. The XOR table file became unnecessary with the game other than Super Puzzle Fighter II.
* Texture type of sprite from RGB5551 modification to CLUT 8bit. Because it reaches the point where the pallet is processed with the hardware, the problem where with several games has decreased drawing speed with such as pallet animation and the flash effect of the picture was cancelled.
* Romcnv_cps2.exe was renewed. Version of cash file becomes "V10". As for the former file because you cannot use, please do the reconstruction of cash file with romcnv_cps2.exe whose attachment is new.
* Processing of Aufo Fire function was rewritten a little.
* Calculation method of frame rate was modified a little.
* As retained the screen shot with PNG type, it modified.

CPS1PSP ver.1.8.3 - The CP system 1 emulator for PSP

* CPS1PSP ver.1.8.3 Download
* CPS1PSP ver.1.8.3 (support "bootleg") Download

* Because it is last, it leaves also those which make bootleg set effective.
Usually, the game which is started increases more or less from edition, but because excessive processing increases, usually some effective speed than edition falls.

1.8.2 - 1.8.3

* There is no change in contents. Only the renewal of readme_cps1.txt.

Bug correction (1.8.1)

* Just being able to process the layer division drawing of Scroll3 correcting the bug which is not.

Modification (1.8.1)

* In combination with the emulation of pin 7 of OKIM6975 ADPCM to MAME 0.111u6, it modifies.
* Attendant upon the above-mentioned modification, the version of State Data was renewed. There is no compatibility of the former data.

Bug correction (1.8.0)

* Because at the time of the line scroll drawing of Scroll2, the clip range has been modified the occasion where it renews texture cash, correcting the bug which has the case where sprite cannot be drawn just.

Modification (1.8.0)

* The line scroll drawing speed of Scroll2 it improved substantially. If this sound is below 22KHz, you think that it reached the point where speed above 60fps appears generally.
* Attendant upon the above-mentioned modification, initial value of Raster Effects option in "ON" modification.
* Processing of Aufo Fire function was rewritten a little.
* Calculation method of frame rate was modified a little.

CPS1PSP/CPS2PSP ver.1.8.3 source code finite difference

* CPS1PSP/CPS2PSP ver.1.8.3 source diff Download

It isthe finite difference for njemu_source_20061225.zip. After superscribing, please compile.
MVSPSP ver.1.7.0 (development edition) - the MVS emulator for PSP

* MVSPSP ver.1.7.0 Download

* The way it was perplexed a little, but you are defeated. In addition to the fact that although you tried starting to hint a little, improvement of speed cannot look at the speed improvement with CPS2PSP excessively, being kind of also the game which becomes conversely heavy to be, being to discontinue, it does, but it releases once.

* Also the source code is attached.It isthe finite difference for njemu_source_20061225.zip. After the superscribing, please compile.

1.7.0 (Development edition - after all the renewal discontinuance)

* Although the texture format was modified in CLUT8, by the fact that the drawing processing of GU becomes complicated not seeing most effects. With the part game somewhat it becomes light, but it seems that is also the game where becomes conversely operation heavy.
* Attendant upon description above, renewing romcnv_mvs.exe. Version of cash file becomes "V7". Reconstruction of cash file is necessary.

This page does not renew, but if it is not deleted, it is the schedule which leaves this way.
Furthermore, that it does not do, we ask the behavior such that the file which is published here is distributed in auction and the like.
2007/01/28 NJ"

slaanesh posted on Feb 8 2007 at 10:00 PM said:
In other news, the original version written my NJ is being updated again. There are some tasty improvements though I doubt that tastiest one will make it to the GP2X - Wifi multiplayer! Damn!

Yeah multiplayer wifi is not practical. I wonder what that other stuff is?

I was just wondering, CPS1 and NeoGeo from NJ's code has been mentioned alot around here. Is there any chance of those making it to the GP2X do you think? CPS2 is pretty much "perfect" right now so I don't know if going any farther with that is needed, or possible.

There are ALOT of cool CPS1 games that would be great to have at the speed and quality of the current CPS2 emu. Yes, those play in MAME but they don't play very smooth and the sound is not good. The scaling options are not as nice either. You either have to scale the whole thing (no horiz only) or crop. Since the code is similar wouldn't it be worth doing?

Also while GnGeo is good there are some sound issues and NJ's emu would be smoother with better sound quality at a lower clock speed. Could that be "easily" ported to the GP2X too?

Some cool stuff CPS1: Come to think of it, I think I like more CPS1 games than CPS2 games :eek:

1941: Counter Attack
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs
Cadillacs Kyōryū Shinseiki (Japan)
Capcom World 2: Adventure Quiz
Captain Commando
Carrier Air Wing
U.S. Navy (Japan)
Dynasty Wars
Tenchi o Kurau (Japan)
Final Fight
Forgotten Worlds
Lost Worlds (Japan)
Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Dai Makaimura (Japan)
King of Dragons
Knights of the Round
Mega Man: The Power Battle
Rockman: The Power Battle (Japan)
Mega Twins
Chiki Chiki Boys (Japan)
Mercs
Senjō no Ōkami II (Japan)
Nemo
Pang! 3
Pnickies
The Punisher
Quiz & Dragons: Capcom Quiz Game
Quiz Tonosama no Yabō 2: Zenkoku-ban
Saturday Night Slam Masters
Muscle Bomber: The Body Explosion (Japan)
Muscle Bomber Duo: Ultimate Team Battle (World)
Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
Street Fighter II': Champion Edition
Street Fighter II': Hyper Fighting
Street Fighter II' Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Strider
Strider Hiryū (Japan)
Three Wonders
Wonder 3 (Japan)
U.N. Squadron
Area 88 (Japan)
Varth: Operation Thunderstorm
Warriors of Fate
Tenchi o Kurau II: Sekiheki no Tatakai (Japan)
Sangokushi II (Asia)
Willow

DaveC posted on Feb 9 2007 at 12:27 AM said:
Some cool stuff CPS1: Come to think of it, I think I like more CPS1 games than CPS2 games :eek:
:D I definitely agree with you on that one Dave! Here's hoping...

I love this! I still can't get over the fact that I am playing games I used to spend literally hours on in the arcades, and now they are on the bus with me!

That said, they are still an EXACT arcade port, which I have found the difficulty curve is immense! Is there anyway, or any kind of hack or mods that are out there to change this? Or would that just be an entire rehash of the games?

how is this emu on the 2x? i just spent hours getting it working on the psp just to find its extremely picky with region specific games (hence it plays them like crap) is it the same for this? also does it run full speed (or close to it) cause i will admit the cps2 has some fun games that im dying to play (such as Cyberbots!)

Goemon4 posted on Feb 12 2007 at 05:57 PM said:
how is this emu on the 2x? i just spent hours getting it working on the psp just to find its extremely picky with region specific games (hence it plays them like crap) is it the same for this? also does it run full speed (or close to it) cause i will admit the cps2 has some fun games that im dying to play (such as Cyberbots!)

Seems great to me.

If you prefer sharper graphics and no screen smearing then try this GP2X version for sure. If you like the PSP's stretch filtering and don't notice the ghosting then maybe it is not worth it.

like i said, the psp version was crap for me, the graphics were horrible and choppy. and wouldnt play any European games full speed and i spent hours looking for a us rom set, but nothin, so iwas stuck playing a laggy version of Marvel Super Heroes..... if it dosnt have any of those problems then ill try it now

Back