Craig & Co, The Pandora Team?

I don't think the brand strength will come from telling people the company name though; it'll come from real world responses to the actual product. If people don't respond to hearing "OpenPandora", it's because they expect a big name like "Sony". Like all good products, the name eventually gets some mindshare.

It wasn't so long ago in Australia that foreign built products got negative reactions automatically. Citroen? Bang & Olufsen? MAZDA?! Now those names are associated with the quality they deserve.

Then again, I don't tell people that my turntables are made by Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd... because they're Technics.

Hmm.

Gruso said:
I don't think the brand strength will come from telling people the company name though; it'll come from real world responses to the actual product. If people don't respond to hearing "OpenPandora", it's because they expect a big name like "Sony". Like all good products, the name eventually gets some mindshare.

It wasn't so long ago in Australia that foreign built products got negative reactions automatically. Citroen? Bang & Olufsen? MAZDA?! Now those names are associated with the quality they deserve.

Then again, I don't tell people that my turntables are made by Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd... because they're Technics.

Hmm.
good series, the technic SL-1200

Last edited by a moderator:
MonkeyChops said:
ok, just seems weird that everyone refers to the company as "craig and co" or "the pandora team" Oh well
Although I think they should have picked a name that didn't have "pandora" in it in case they continue to do other projects that don't include the pandora.

No problem, they will all be named pandora.

atomicthumbs said:
WarmFluffyUK said:
1. Sigma

2. Barry's Computing
I think all Sigma knows how to make are lenses, so I'd probably go with Barry.

oh really, i always thought they supplied materials for my organic chem courses

There's a Sigma here that produces various computing peripherals. One of my multi card-readers is from them. :p

Brand recognition on a niche product such as Pandora seems unnecessary. It certainly won't sway people one way or the other when it comes to making a purchasing decision.

JayFoxRox said:
Why did you start a GmbH? Couldn't you just join the ltd. too? This should have been cheaper.. :blink:
Ltd. doesn't sound trustworthy enough for german customers. They have changed the law, you can now start a GmbH with 1eur and add a certain amount of your profit over time till you reach 25,000eur.

Back