Craigamp Feature Request

Kensupen

I didn't want to dig up an old topic, so I figured I'd start one.

The last thing I'd like to see in CraigAmp is an update to seeking through a file.
How I would like to see it work is the longer you hold the stick to the right or left the faster the seek goes, kinda on a curve, starts slow then speeds up. There should be a maximum seek speed though. (e.g. 5min jumps)
This would make it great for Podcasts and audiobooks.

Also, if you have a file that is 32kb and 11025Khz it plays too fast. Almost like 1.5x-2x speed. Not every time, but almost every time.

I hope you read ths and make an update sometime so I can replace the GP2X one with this on Gmenu2x.
Keep up the good work Craigix.

-Kensupen

The biggest problem is how slow it is to resume when you seek, although the lower the bitrate the faster it will seek.

I can add it if you can put up with the resume time! :)

(EDIT) Any idea why low bitrate files play fast?
I've done a bit of looking into this, and it seems that 44k audio gets confused with a 32k MP3. I have to try OGG files at that rate to see if they get confused too.

As for seeking:
You could make it so R+stick right could do a faster seek and just stick right does the normal seek.
Most of the long files I have are 32k or less in bitrate, so resume shouldn't be that bad.
Why does it take time to resume anyways? I've never seen that in an MP3 player before.

(EDIT2) Does OGG take more or less time to resume?
It seems with the OGG files I tried, CraigAmp hangs when trying to seek. Any bitrate.

-Kensupen

Back