Craigix Discloses Information On New Gp2x?

Status
Not open for further replies.
predatorramboxxx said:
you know there is a axim v51. it has like what everyone is asking minues a dpad but there has been a lot of mods for controlers and ect...
is it open source?

Last edited by a moderator:
dreadlocked said:
quartercast said:
It doesn't seem to be developed by GP or GPH so I doubt it'll be called GP-anything.
big surprise to me, no kidding?

No kidding, read craigix's last post

He clearly refers to "we" (the developers) and GPH as separate entities.

quartercast said:
dreadlocked said:
quartercast said:
It doesn't seem to be developed by GP or GPH so I doubt it'll be called GP-anything.
big surprise to me, no kidding?

No kidding, read craigix's last post

He clearly refers to "we" (the developers) and GPH as separate entities.

wow, i totally overlooked that. but, he did say that the team that was responsible for all of the mistakes on the mk1 is not with him anymore. i wonder if that team has anything to do with gph, so he would say they wont screw up agian.

Had loads of beer yesterday, turning this matter over in my head, and have decided that I want this new machine... yesterday :lol:

Edit: Though December doesn't sound too bad either :)

i second the exciting bit :)) but before the new gp3x or whatever its name will be i'll get another gp2x (my third hehehe) just in case.

i especially like craigix passing on small bits of information as we're going on. the prototype hardware running gp2x software sounds damn good to me! =)

If it's the 500Mhz SoC then it should be called "GP-500" or "GP500".

That set me thinking a bit about a potential name for the new puppy.

If it had built-in wifi, touch screen, active homebrew scene, 1000s of downloadable games, and we wanted to use "500" as part of the name then we could go with something like the 500S maybe.

Hang on though, 500 in roman numerals is D i think so would that not mean we had a ............. :eek: :ph34r:

Yes, it already has a name (no, I'm not gonna tell you :D)

It's running SquidgeSNES already... yet without using hardware accelleration, but already smoother than the gp2x version with hardware accelleration...

500 Mhz processor would be awesome. I don't know if a dual processor design would be an advantage or not (dual 500!!!!).

+1 for an usb powered voprizer btw

EvilDragon said:
Yes, it already has a name (no, I'm not gonna tell you :D)

It's running SquidgeSNES already... yet without using hardware accelleration, but already smoother than the gp2x version with hardware accelleration...
SOIrrry fii thsi is haaarsd to rreda. Mekeebords accctng op fromm alkl th drooooooln---

:D

Apps that touch the hardware directly are unlikely to be backwards compatible without a simple recompile I'd guess, and that means most apps. That will probably change once apps start being written for open2x because then we can dynamically link to libs and still use the latest compilers (usually it's the libs that hit the hardware directly and the main app leaves it well alone, but on the gp2x most apps have to include the gp2x versions of the libs so effectively the main app is also hitting the hardware).

trooper said:
Can i be the first to sign up for a preorder ?, Where do i send my money ?. Not that i`m impatient or anything. :D

Trooper
me too me too :)
hm. i just got my cradle and stuff but i am sure some friend of mine will be happy about a second hand christmas gift *g*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back