New Status Of Gpsp (gba) Dynarec

zodttd posted on Mar 6 2007 at 11:51 PM said:
The slowest game that I've tested so far is Mario Kart Super Circuit, and at the default GP2X Clock of 200MHz, it runs at half speed of the original GBA. I can tell by looking at the in-game clock. :) ...The test had sound on, and when I turned sound off, it didn't make much difference. I didn't try turning off sound syncing though which can affect performance quite a bit for the better.

The max size gpSP supports is the max size of the GBA ROMs, 32MB. :)

I'm still in the process of optimizing. Hoping for a release very soon.

Hey, awsome work Zodttd... I keep pressing F5 every now and then.. (every 5min :p )

Does this mean that it will run about fullspeed at fs1? Or was it already frameskipping?

Thanks, can't wait...

Last edited by a moderator:
Holidays are becoming boring and learning my javascript is lame (and f**** boring too)!! so please Zod give the people what they want B)

cowai posted on Mar 7 2007 at 11:03 AM said:
So at has Zodttd sad anything about when we can expect a release?
I'm so exited!
When someone asked if it would be released by friday he said something like "probably. I'll try to beat your friday by 2 days".

So I'm guessing some point today ;). Give the guy some room. If he can fix a few more bugs before release, why complain? We want the best possible release, not a rushed one.

true that. I think I am just worshipping and expressing my anxiety, I don't want to push him aswell. He is doing it for free, you know?

Anyways, I can't wait, I am going insane, this is awesome!

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Mar 7 2007 at 05:10 PM said:
So I'm guessing some point today ;). Give the guy some room. If he can fix a few more bugs before release, why complain? We want the best possible release, not a rushed one.

I personaly wouldn't mind a bugged release, just to keep me waiting for the final release :rolleyes:

Heh, ok, I'll get back to work on the dynarec. I actually had to go back a version since I started to include some bugs, so I have some more work to do. I'm going to change some things to improve performance. It's still rough around the edges though, right now it's coarse scaled by default, but if you change to no-scaling it displays the screen in the top left corner, for instance. :p

Time to get that work done on it...

Holy crap! Zodttd, how plausible do you think a release will be today?

In my oppinon, I don't think so, He want to get more performance before the release, so lets just see and wait.

Until then, I continue my game at Zelda Oracle of Age :D

Thanks ZodTTD for your works,
paxl13

Everyone should stop bugging Zod for a release. He is working on it and will release when it is ready. Let the guy do the work at his own pace. If it comes out today great, if it is not released for two weeks that is fine too.

cant wait for the first DaveC review. i do hope that a native screen mode is left in...................

Godmil posted on Mar 7 2007 at 07:18 PM said:
Yep, you cant rush quality work :)

I dunno, some of matt stones and trey parkers best works were done last minute.

Stone and Parker often come in the day after one show airs with no idea what the next will be. "Almost always our best shows are the ones we come up with the idea on Thursday," says Parker. "You go, 'What about this?' And boom, you just go with it."

:lol:
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/for...91792/index.htm

DaveC posted on Mar 7 2007 at 01:59 PM said:
Everyone should stop bugging Zod for a release. He is working on it and will release when it is ready. Let the guy do the work at his own pace. If it comes out today great, if it is not released for two weeks that is fine too.
I'm just as exited about this as anyone is, but DaveC is right. Zodttd will do it when the time is right.

Plus Golden Sun is playable so I suppose I can wait a little longer :p.

yeah... aren't we a bunch of bastards with no life... damn.

I'm installing linux on all my machines to pass the time o_O been about 6 or so years since I used it.

Sabayon linux is fun, but I think I'm gonna switch this one to Ubuntu...not sure, Beryl is really pretty ^^;;;;

Auritribe posted on Mar 7 2007 at 09:42 PM said:
I'm installing linux on all my machines to pass the time o_O been about 6 or so years since I used it.

Sabayon linux is fun, but I think I'm gonna switch this one to Ubuntu...not sure, Beryl is really pretty ^^;;;;

You've been reading the 30 days with Linux article, haven't you?

Back