Working On A Dynarec For Gpsp For The Gp2x

Hello, is there any news zodttd, exophase, anyone? I'm just so exited by you guys (in a non-gay way :p) that I can't wait! Sorry for the bump...

Thanks

If there was any news surely they would tell everyone and not wait to be asked? ^_^ Cant wait till its done though, only reason i want it is to be able to play golden sun :p

Yorper posted on Feb 23 2007 at 11:39 AM said:
If there was any news surely they would tell everyone and not wait to be asked? ^_^ Cant wait till its done though, only reason i want it is to be able to play golden sun :p
Fucking right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about the wait on news. I'm trying to work my way out of some debt from a new gaming/development note book.

I'm going to give the dynarec some more work today and update everyone hopefully within 12 hours or less with some good news. Right now things are rough around the edges, as it's not getting far enough into certain debugging demos to determine what to debug! Small baby steps I suppose.

CAN'T WAIT! This makes me not wanting to sleep, in hope of seeing an update from the ZOD.. Reading what Zodttd has to say makes me all freaking out.. It's too muck coolness...! Love you Zodttd! ^^
But seriously, right now, notaz, squidge, reesy and zodtdd are the ones that makes me read these forums :)

Yeah, the devs are the only reason that the GP2X has any success. I hope to make something soon when I get my uni stuff out of the way.

Good work zodttd, I'm looking forward to any updates- GBA on GP2X would be amazing!

Can't wait to play this on the 2x:

gbactspecial3r_4m.jpg

It's like a tactical shooter, but pocket-sized. And on the 2x, it'll be a blast.

I bought like half a dozen GBA games right before I got my 2x, and I've barely played them. I can't wait to play them on the 2x. Mostly Rebelstar: Tactical Command and Final Fantasy: Tactics Advance. They were fun, but my 2x eclipsed the GBA altogether.

zodttd posted on Feb 14 2007 at 06:14 PM said:
Hi everyone,

Progress is being made. I have some time to work on it today and I'll see what we land up with. :)

Thanks for the help Exophase, without you we wouldn't have the chance to see this project. :) ...I'm currently reserving the:
- base pointer (r4)
- cycle counter (r12, hope this is safe now that I think of it),
- your define for reg_s0 (r5)
- the link register for calling conventions
The temporary regs are not reserved (I added a temp reg for immediate conversions). They're tossed even on calls. I should probably push/pop them as well on the calls. The memory stubs are treated as if they're a sub routine. They preserve R4,R5,R12 (and LR when needed) within the stub, but after doing the bx lr and back to recompiled code, the regs for the recompiled code are popped. Only variation to this is the cycle counter where it may be changed within the memory stubs, and in that case r12 isn't pushed/popped.
I'm a bit confused as to what the primary purpose of reg_s0 is in this case. It seems to have dual purposes.

Either way, I only would have at max 4 reserved registers if I use the push/pop method described above. That means I can allocate:
- r4 to r8 (might be able to squeeze in r9 and r10)
- change reserved regs to the higher end of r9,r10,r11,r12...I can probably take out the cycle counter and use reg[] memory but not worth it most likely. I can also probably reduce this by one reg by not reserving a temporary reg.

Question, what to do about a0 to a3? Nothing really uses r3 and when I push/pop I can secure that reg as static alloc right? r2 might be tricky, and a0 and a1 would be out of question right?

msg me when you have a chance. ;)

how old is your ancient machine, i have a lot of older computers and parts sitting around, and i have a loose p4 cpu somewhere too, i wanna say it's 2.4 ghz...and a 1.8 ghz celeron computer that needs ram....i'd donate these if shipping won't kill me

Faraz Parsa posted on Feb 28 2007 at 06:26 PM said:
Can't wait to play this on the 2x:

gbactspecial3r_4m.jpg

It's like a tactical shooter, but pocket-sized. And on the 2x, it'll be a blast.
What game is that? I might have to play it on my GBM.

That game does look pretty cool, but I can't wait to be able to play Summon Night. Thank God that Balder's Gate is so close to fullspeed.

Back