I Got Gpsp (gba) Running With Sound!

Zodttd does seem to have dropped off the radar though, maybe real-life things. This could be a really great emulator... It is already even.
If your talking about buying the GBA version don't. It practically already runs full speed on the emulator. I think if you use frameskip 2-3 and overclock to 250 it is very playable.

180 posts left.
Umm... I was still going to play it on the GP2X. I would rather play it in crawl mode than with no backlight(original GBA) I know I'm weird perhaps, but I like having an easy conscience, and not breaking laws - even if they do protect people who are already horribly rich, unlike me. I'll readily admit there are more important things in life than this, and if it came to it, I would steal a rom to save someone's life. :)

Also I might try it out first...

Last edited by a moderator:
Zodttd does seem to have dropped off the radar though, maybe real-life things. This could be a really great emulator... It is already even.
If your talking about buying the GBA version don't. It practically already runs full speed on the emulator. I think if you use frameskip 2-3 and overclock to 250 it is very playable.

180 posts left.
Umm... I was still going to play it on the GP2X. I would rather play it in crawl mode than with no backlight(original GBA) I know I'm weird perhaps, but I like having an easy conscience, and not breaking laws - even if they do protect people who are already horribly rich, unlike me. I'll readily admit there are more important things in life than this, and if it came to it, I would steal a rom to save someone's life. :)

Also I might try it out first...
Point well taken.

And of course he dropped off of the radar the day he got his PSP. A co-incidence? Doubt it. As you remember he wanted portable PSX so bad that he kept coding away to attempt the impossible. Now he has PSX on the PSP so there is not much reason for the Gp2X anymore for him. Exophase also has seemed to have disappeared. I guess PSX got to him too.

And of course he dropped off of the radar the day he got his PSP. A co-incidence? Doubt it. As you remember he wanted portable PSX so bad that he kept coding away to attempt the impossible. Now he has PSX on the PSP so there is not much reason for the Gp2X anymore for him. Exophase also has seemed to have disappeared. I guess PSX got to him too.

I don't blame him if that's the case ... it is damn impressive ... :ph34r:

<3 you dave

DaveC: *insert persons name here* Is gone because the PSP now has a better *Insert console that person has written an emulator for GP2x for* emulator.

You and your conspiracies dave!

DaveC: *insert persons name here* Is gone because the PSP now has a better *Insert console that person has written an emulator for GP2x for* emulator.

Dave has a point. There are still many emulators that development stopped on prematurely IMHO.
*NES
*SNES (Full speed transparancies!)
*PC-Engine (We miss you Vobbo)
*PSX
*MESS

That's not to say they aren't very playable and I appreciate all the time and effort developers put into their work, just that DaveC has a valid point (he just brings up the subject very frequently, along with stick clicks and screen stretching ;) )

Dave has a point. There are still many emulators that development stopped on prematurely IMHO.
*NES
*PSX
*MESS

That's not to say they aren't very playable and I appreciate all the time and effort developers put into their work, just that DaveC has a valid point (he just brings up the subject very frequently, along with stick clicks and screen stretching ;) )

Replace PSX with GBA. GBA is possible at a good speed with good sound, PSX is not.

*NES
*PSX
*MESS

Replace PSX with GBA. GBA is possible at a good speed with good sound, PSX is not.
But GBA wouldn't fit because development hasn't stopped, Exophase just went on vacation. And if development has stopped, it is still to early to tell. The examples I cited are well-known as stalled indefinitely and have been for many months.

Yono, have you tried the other PC Engine emus, CPCE and the latest GP2XEngine? Between all three everything is covered, but yeah hu6280 is just a step or two away from having everything in one perfect package...

Yono, have you tried the other PC Engine emus, CPCE and the latest GP2XEngine? Between all three everything is covered, but yeah hu6280 is just a step or two away from having everything in one perfect package...
I have, and like I said they were enjoyable and I appreciated all the developers work, just that they could still be improved if interest picked up. The same thing with SquidgeSNES and NKSNES; between the two you have most anything you want, but if one had the best features of both that would be even better.

Yono: ditto with FishyNES and GPFCE. The former's interface with the latter's performance would be awesome.

But hey, Rlyeh will deliver :)

Same with the 2 C64 emulators too.

Also I remember seeing Exophase's nick in the online list a little after New Year's so I assumed he was back from holidays.

None of the PC-engine emus are quite there unfortunatly.

hu6280 showed promise but the sound is really bad. It is not stereo, many sounds are completely missing like the explosion sounds in shooters like galaga 90, blazing lasers etc, and the white noise channel buzzes loudly. It is too bad

The first one released (can't remember the name) has decent sound and is the most accurate but is is very slow. I overclock as high as I can possibly go and it is still too slow.

Then there was a mystery port but the music in games was messed up.

All of these are abandoned. Too bad we couldn't combine 3 unfinished ones into one finished one :p

Yono: ditto with FishyNES and GPFCE. The former's interface with the latter's performance would be awesome.

But hey, Rlyeh will deliver :)
Actually, in that case, we would actually have a chance, since the source was released for GPFCE and the interface could probably be recreated from scratch. In the other cases, the source was left closed, so no chance for revival :(

Figured I'd chime in on this...

I saw the Sony PS1 emulator on the PSP. It's great. Ok. But DaveC might of missed one of my rants about not playing the emulators I port/write. One of the reasons I don't play (testing is different of course) psx4all, even on some of my more powerful handhelds, is because I happen not to like the PS1. So that's all I've been doing with the PSP, testing a couple of PS1 games. I don't have any interest in the PSP Homebrew scene either since they're mean to the developers.

I've actually been very busy at work. I have two new releases coming soon from that company. I'm also almost done with OpenTTD for PocketPC / GP2X. It is very much updated and is based on RC3, and has zooming and other features to make things easier to control.

As for the GBA Emulator...Exophase has stated he is still onboard with finishing the gpSP emulator for the GP2X. He was donated a GP2X and would like to honor it. So unless he decides to change his mind, I've been stepping back and giving him some time to get it done.

I was also in the process of doing the CPS2 emulator port, but luckily someone stepped in and beat me to it with a great job. It will take some polishing from what I hear, but it saved me some time.

I would like to improve upon the gpu940 project but am having some difficulties getting in contact with the author.

Also keep in mind, both gpSP and OpenTTD projects for the GP2X are open-source. Even if I were to abandon them, there is a good chance someone can pick it up where I left off. gpSP is very close to playable. I could write a simple dynarec based on Exophases framework that exists already, and most likely be done...but Exophase likes quality code and I understand it completely.

DaveC: Do you really want the GBA emulator? I ask since you've been anxious since I stopped posting about gpSP. I saw you mention my lack of posts in the Epicenter rants.

Please don't let the GP2X community fall apart...It's the most supportive community for developers to date. I truly appreciate it.

OH YEAH! If something comes up and I'm not getting posts up, just PM me. It gets my attention even if I'm working. :)

Figured I'd chime in on this...

I saw the Sony PS1 emulator on the PSP. It's great. Ok. But DaveC might of missed one of my rants about not playing the emulators I port/write. One of the reasons I don't play (testing is different of course) psx4all, even on some of my more powerful handhelds, is because I happen not to like the PS1. So that's all I've been doing with the PSP, testing a couple of PS1 games. I don't have any interest in the PSP Homebrew scene either since they're mean to the developers.

I've actually been very busy at work. I have two new releases coming soon from that company. I'm also almost done with OpenTTD for PocketPC / GP2X. It is very much updated and is based on RC3, and has zooming and other features to make things easier to control.

As for the GBA Emulator...Exophase has stated he is still onboard with finishing the gpSP emulator for the GP2X. He was donated a GP2X and would like to honor it. So unless he decides to change his mind, I've been stepping back and giving him some time to get it done.

I was also in the process of doing the CPS2 emulator port, but luckily someone stepped in and beat me to it with a great job. It will take some polishing from what I hear, but it saved me some time.

I would like to improve upon the gpu940 project but am having some difficulties getting in contact with the author.

Also keep in mind, both gpSP and OpenTTD projects for the GP2X are open-source. Even if I were to abandon them, there is a good chance someone can pick it up where I left off. gpSP is very close to playable. I could write a simple dynarec based on Exophases framework that exists already, and most likely be done...but Exophase likes quality code and I understand it completely.

DaveC: Do you really want the GBA emulator? I ask since you've been anxious since I stopped posting about gpSP. I saw you mention my lack of posts in the Epicenter rants.

Please don't let the GP2X community fall apart...It's the most supportive community for developers to date. I truly appreciate it.

OH YEAH! If something comes up and I'm not getting posts up, just PM me. It gets my attention even if I'm working. :)

Oh snap!

it seems it,s hard for all of us to adapt to the more sane release model that,s been the case. but we will come over it.

The step from small incremental releases to
bigger stable realease, left most of us with abstinence like dope fiends on chemicals, but i think it,s for the best and the community will adapt to a more "human" release shedule (i think zodttd is human... maybe) :)

good luck and Exophase is right quality beats quantity any day of the week
so chill out Yaall we will get our next fix to fight of the abstinence some day ;)

Back