Guess What? A Port Of Gpsp (gba) To The Gp2x...

That should be helpful Rlyeh. :)

Sorry for the delay in replying, everyone.
I'm either really busy playing gpSP on the GP2X or fixing a bug preventing me from being really busy playing gpSP on the GP2X. You pick. :p

I'll pick up some slack and get debugging.

Great to see some familar developers get off their walker and let these whippersnappers know what's up. :)

That should be helpful Rlyeh. :)

Sorry for the delay in replying, everyone.
I'm either really busy playing gpSP on the GP2X or fixing a bug preventing me from being really busy playing gpSP on the GP2X. You pick. :p

Hmm... So it already runs at playable speeds?!
/me wants! :lol:

I'll pick up some slack and get debugging.

Have fun :p

Last edited by a moderator:
That a Great project, but won`t be realy usefull for me since I got a couple of week earlyer in this month a DS and a G6.. so, real console vs emulation...

But keep up good works Zodttd !

ZodTTd for president !
paxl13

edit: also i will never run any homebrew on DS as program on it.. Viva Gp2x for this :D

are you guys joking, it seems like you all think that the emulator is playable. I'm pretty sure Zodttd was joking and trying to state that there is a bug stopping it from working on the gp.

are you guys joking, it seems like you all think that the emulator is playable. I'm pretty sure Zodttd was joking and trying to state that there is a bug stopping it from working on the gp.

Change the batteries in your sarcasm detector.

Change the batteries in your sarcasm detector.
Well it wasn't all that obvious. Someone said "its nice to see this is coming along so well we already have playable games" or something like that. That doesn't sound very sarcastic, the only way it would sound very sarcastic is if the emulator was completely failing and games were running terribly. Zod simply said there was a bug that needed to be fixed, if it was sarcasm then it was poor use of sarcasm, that or im totally mislead and confused and am also responding in the wrong way to what you said in which case... ignore this post.

Umm, what Jackd said. Working hard for the next 24 hours to get it up and running. Especially now that I accidently made it sound like it's already playing.
I should of had the thead checked for replies right away. :(

If I don't have the bug fixed by tommorow I'll either have been lazy or will need to bother Exophase.

Hey zod

I really appreciate all that you're doing for the GP2X scene. I usually only check the News section, which has been really slow as of late. Checking here though, gave me reason to get excited over the 2X again. :)

Umm, what Jackd said. Working hard for the next 24 hours to get it up and running. Especially now that I accidently made it sound like it's already playing.

If I don't have the bug fixed by tommorow I'll either have been lazy or will need to bother Exophase.
Good luck man, I don't NEED this emulator as much as most (I have an M3 for my NDS) but I get kicks out of things like this and GBA on GP2X would be rockin' So I hope you can work out the kinks! :)

Don't worry mate, my reply was just a jest, i know it ain't finished yet (otherwise you'd have released an alpha/beta/final version eh? ;))

As for you looking lazy, i don't think we smoke enough weed to ever call you lazy :p

Keep up the good work!

UPDATE:

I now have the GBA's little (bios) intro screen shown! With sound, yay!
Oh yeah, it's only slightly slow which is impressive since I'm using an interpreter and default GP2X clockspeed and it's using SDL video/sound. :)

So far after the intro screen is shown, it just displays a white/blank screen. It might be the games I'm using though the BIOS I use is the one recommended by Exophase so it shouldn't be that.

Progress is being made! More goodness to come later today as I continue working on it!

Exophase: If you're reading this, get in touch. :)

Back