Guess What? A Port Of Gpsp (gba) To The Gp2x...

gPSP is brilliant - jaw dropping. This GBA emu is consistently faster than the SNES emulator. I have great hopes for the GP2X version of this. And for once the PSP's screen ratio is a good thing as it matches the GBA's fiarly well on fullscreen.
So how about a gp32 port?
Two main problems:

You still need a CPU with more grunt. ie. even overclocking to 166Mhz on a GP32 isn't going to cut it.

Lack of RAM, GP32 only has 8MB.

Last edited by a moderator:
:)
I'm not too excited about the crowd's in the PSP scene. They don't seem to understand or even read what I say. I have to repeat things many times before someone notices I'm answering questions they unknowingly direct at me. It's a weird start.

I seem to be getting a PSP donated to me soon (as I have refused to buy one consistently). It was a tough process since, funny enough, Lik-Sang was going to supply one to be donated to me.

The PSP seems to have a few homebrew highlights, but while there is a lot of homebrew most seems to be poor quality.

This PSP project is good news though, since it keeps my psx emulation work continued, and makes way for a GP2X version. After speaking to hlide we agree to keep the GP2X completely seperate from the PSP project. That means the GP2X, while based off the methods of the PSP version, will have a unique codebase specific to it's hardware design.

Time to get back to work. :)

@Zodttd

How is the psx thing progressing anyway? Does the one in the archive already have a dynarec? What about using the second ARM unit?

I suppose PSX emulation is possible, giving excellent code, the hardware itself should be capable of doing most if not all of the tricks the PSX could, i think, but it'll be a tight fit eighter way.

I must say that running Lunar of Final Fantasy on the GP2X is a cool trick, and i'm wondering howfar you & the others will be able to push the gal ;)

Weren't you also toying with a GBA emulator? (I'm new in the scene, lots of catching up to do ;))

I'm not too excited about the crowd's in the PSP scene. They don't seem to understand or even read what I say. I have to repeat things many times before someone notices I'm answering questions they unknowingly direct at me. It's a weird start.
Well, that's pretty much par for the course in quite a few scenes that I've encountered. It makes one appreciate this GP2X forum all the more.

:)

I seem to be getting a PSP donated to me soon (as I have refused to buy one consistently). It was a tough process since, funny enough, Lik-Sang was going to supply one to be donated to me.

Wow those PSP guys are relentless. It is like they will do anything to poach developers. The PSP scene is so big but that is not good enough, they must have it all.

I guess it is good for coders as they get free units thrown at them to get more stuff. Maybe the GP2X scene should take some pointers from them. We should throw GP2Xs at devs too maybe. It has been real dead in here lately. Maybe this would help, maybe not.

Wow those PSP guys are relentless. It is like they will do anything to poach developers. The PSP scene is so big but that is not good enough, they must have it all.
Would you complain if people were trying to give you free stuff, worth over £100? I certainly wouldn't!

Weren't you also toying with a GBA emulator? (I'm new in the scene, lots of catching up to do ;))

lol ummmm what do you think this thread is about exactly? :p

Reading too many things at the same time tends to make one make mistakes :p

I guess it is good for coders as they get free units thrown at them to get more stuff. Maybe the GP2X scene should take some pointers from them. We should throw GP2Xs at devs too maybe. It has been real dead in here lately. Maybe this would help, maybe not.

Anyone got some bricked PSP's to throw back at them? :p

Dunno if this has been talked before, but I am doing a MMU kernel module for my incoming Minimal Library 0.C

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?s=&am...st&p=478755

Although anyone can grab .c/.o and/or modify source code from it, I'd like people to send ideas/improvements or patches which extends functionality (so I can include them in my library)

Have fun

We do (or at least Evildragon does). ED gave a unit to the classic zelda team...

We do (or at least Evildragon does). ED gave a unit to the classic zelda team...
EvilDragon can't be expected to provide free GP2Xs to all potential developers at his own expense. Also, nothing has actually happened with the Zelda Classic port as yet.

Dunno if this has been talked before, but I am doing a MMU kernel module for my incoming Minimal Library 0.C

Although anyone can grab .c/.o and/or modify source code from it, I'd like people to send ideas/improvements or patches which extends functionality (so I can include them in my library)

Have fun

He's back! Though from the look of his website, he's been back since October. How'd I miss that? :blink:

Have fun

He's back! Though from the look of his website, he's been back since October. How'd I miss that? :blink:
We also had F Day, G Day and Ú Day. Now we're just waiting for µ Day.

Have fun

hey man get down on yr knees and hail the king! darkness has returned

Back