Status Of Gpsp / Openttd For The Gp2x

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking of starting a playstation emulator completely from scratch. There was too much code in psx4all based on stuff like PCSX that not only shouldn't be in there, but didn't work well either.

Tinnus is interested in a project of this sort as well. I just wish I could get hlide to help with the project, as he and I stopped working on the idea once the PSP Sony emu came about. I'm going to ask Unai how things are going and if we can work something cool out.

So I'd still like to see a very optimized and portable (open?) source handheld PS1 emulator. Maybe some of the dev greats can help this project get going with me? I believe making it open source and a public SVN would be best.

As I told zottd, I have to talk with chui, I worked about a month and fixed I think a bit the interupt and IO code... so underclocking didnt break the control handling, but recently I have been quite busy, I'm changin my work...and moving to another city next week...

I plan to contine with psx4all but I need time.

So I'd still like to see a very optimized and portable (open?) source handheld PS1 emulator. Maybe some of the dev greats can help this project get going with me? I believe making it open source and a public SVN would be best.

That's a very good point, as it's something the PSP will never have.

Thanks Unai for the personal update. Good luck moving & work :)

As I told zottd, I have to talk with chui, I worked about a month and fixed I think a bit the interupt and IO code... so underclocking didnt break the control handling, but recently I have been quite busy, I'm changin my work...and moving to another city next week...

I plan to contine with psx4all but I need time.
yeah sweet !
you need time you say, take your time and enjoy life and code when you want to.(maybe theres some trix to be learned by the gpsp dynarec ?)

I think we all have to adjust ourselves to more "humane" release shedules anyway, (i got to beat that 1.st gen release drug habit)

things are looking bright, my ONLY complaint is that storage space runs out to quickly when theres so much to choose from on the gp2x (anybody know where to buy cheap SD,s ?)
i truly love the device and the gpsp and ttd thingys just made my storage problem worse ;)

PS: o yeah my other complaint is that i dont have a time machine

Remember what happened in Red Dwarf when they jumped through time? ;P

Yeah i wish u the best of luck.

It would be good to have if possible my fav ps games like:Megaman x4,x5 and x6,SOTN and others on the go!!!

Red Dwarf jumped through time too many times.

Would this be the time where they started partying with Hitler or when they messed with Kennedy? Or when Dave found out his future self married Kochanski? (they never did resolve that storyline, did they? Curse them!)

Oh, and on topic... Umm, cool!

I'm thinking of starting a playstation emulator completely from scratch. There was too much code in psx4all based on stuff like PCSX that not only shouldn't be in there, but didn't work well either.

Tinnus is interested in a project of this sort as well. I just wish I could get hlide to help with the project, as he and I stopped working on the idea once the PSP Sony emu came about. I'm going to ask Unai how things are going and if we can work something cool out.

You're getting my hopes up :(

Back