New Status Of Gpsp (gba) Dynarec

zodttd posted on Mar 7 2007 at 03:02 AM said:
Release it on Clickgamer? ;P
Where you want but please now or in 8 hours, I am gonna right now to sleep :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
OOOOOH i get it... there the company that ports cell phone games to the gp2x. I thought he meant another forum which seemed strange.

Heh yeah, Clickgamer is a portable gaming retail site and they have a GP2X section now so I noticed.

I'm going to work on the emulator/dynarec a little more before I decide when it'll be ready. Some more news coming soon though. :)

Really looking forward to the GP2X version.

Slightly off topic and with the threat of GP2X fans going rabid:

Seeing as an ARM version of the dyna-rec is looking extremely promising, and relatively low MHZ is required to get gpSP running are you considering a Zodiac version as well?

that would be awesome. I wouldn't know which hand held to use though. I guess i prefer to actually take my zodiac places and just randomly take it out because it is cheaper to replace plus i have three zodiacs in case one breaks (i gotta sell 2 though). Also it looks a lot better. GP2x is more for use while in transit, at home, on plane etc.

purple_goat posted on Mar 6 2007 at 07:10 PM said:
no Zodiac version!
geyt your own devs :p

Zodttd --- Zod=Zodiac - TTD= Transport Tycoon Deluxe

Jackd posted on Mar 7 2007 at 03:11 AM said:
I wouldn't know which hand held to use though.

I would take the GP2X one, even with the GP2X stick problem it is still better than an analog for digital games.

zodttd posted on Mar 7 2007 at 02:53 AM said:
Heh yeah, Clickgamer is a portable gaming retail site and they have a GP2X section now so I noticed.

I'm going to work on the emulator/dynarec a little more before I decide when it'll be ready. Some more news coming soon though. :)

No big rush. Now that we know that it is being worked on it is best to release it when you feel it is ready.

Nice to know it is making good progress. Oh one hint : *backup the source code* wouldn't want any disasters :p

DaveC posted on Mar 6 2007 at 07:17 PM said:
zodttd posted on Mar 7 2007 at 02:53 AM said:

No big rush. Now that we know that it is being worked on it is best to release it when you feel it is ready.

Nice to know it is making good progress. Oh one hint : *backup the source code* wouldn't want any disasters :p
I think you meant
disasters :ph34r:
not
disasters :p
?

DaveC posted on Mar 7 2007 at 02:17 PM said:
Jackd posted on Mar 7 2007 at 03:11 AM said:
I wouldn't know which hand held to use though.

I would take the GP2X one, even with the GP2X stick problem it is still better than an analog for digital games.

BUT - and this is a big one - it's got the perfect screen for it!

GBA: 240x160
ZOD: 480x320

You do the math... :)

@ Jackd
Same. I tend to take my Zod with me and play if I'm out and about.
I tend to use my GP2X when I am at home.

slaanesh posted on Mar 7 2007 at 03:39 AM said:
BUT - and this is a big one - it's got the perfect screen for it!

Yeah it does have that, but when it is hard to control it becomes nice to look at, not so nice to play.

Then again I am biased because I have a d-pad. I had a Z and never liked it for emus because of that analog stick, totally ruined it for me (and the fractional scaling for everything else). I never tried a d-pad mod for it while I had it. I suppose if you are lucky to be able to get used to it then you are fine. If you have a GP2X M1 the stick isn't so great there either. I hate crappy controllers. The Z and GP2X M1 are neck and neck in that race ;) Once you have a working pad, you never want to go back to a sloppy stick.

Well its good for some games and bad for others. Pacman is simply unplayable on my zodiac. Old racing games and slower games like rpg's are just fine. Only certain games need precision. When the age of n64 emulation and psx emulation comes to open source handhelds you will badly want an analog/dpad combo. The next generation gp3x/xgp or whatever had better have the combination. I dont understand all the crap the gp2x stick gets. I think it is great for arcade games because it is just like an arcade stick. It is digital but still in the stick form. I think it was designed with this in mind because things about the gp2x is its mame emulation.

Back