New Status Of Gpsp (gba) Dynarec

It seems just like yesterday when I was in the original Gpsp thread anticipating the release of the original version of the emulator that pretty much only ran Kloana and Chu Chu Rocket.

Just wondering what the maximum size GBA rom that the GP2X will be able to handle?

Most seem to be 8Mb or 16MB with the odd 4MB. There are some where are 32MB, though there are rare.

Camelot games (including Mario sports games) and FF6 are going to have issues.

lol, I spoke too soon ^-^

Either way, good stuff. I wonder if pokemon will run well on it.

Oww Yeah ^^, I was waiting for some great news like this ^^, This is gonna be awesome, big Thnx Zodttd! and Exophase for ure time to improve the gp2x, i will donate for sure soon --=^_^=--

oh ohhhh!!That's an incredible news!!
Only a simple question: what is the average clock to get almost 20-30 fps in the games you tried?

zodttd, you are the man, you are coding now the dream project of most of the members here, thank you :)

Did you read that DaveC? I will quote it for you because this is what you want :) :
zodttd posted on Mar 7 2007 at 12:34 AM said:
245MHz OC for gpSP should be fine. :)

And who said that this was only anticipated by GP2Xers? here is my first post on the boards using this account :D
sehs33 posted on May 29 2005 at 07:40 PM said:
Hi guys, is this thing dead? [wondering about the topic 'New Gpadvance Version - V1.48 for the GP32']

Last edited by a moderator:
The slowest game that I've tested so far is Mario Kart Super Circuit, and at the default GP2X Clock of 200MHz, it runs at half speed of the original GBA. I can tell by looking at the in-game clock. :) ...The test had sound on, and when I turned sound off, it didn't make much difference. I didn't try turning off sound syncing though which can affect performance quite a bit for the better.

The max size gpSP supports is the max size of the GBA ROMs, 32MB. :)

I'm still in the process of optimizing. Hoping for a release very soon.

yo zod! I am actually serious, I love you. Well, I wouldn't ditch my girlfriend for you but I could propose a 3 person relationship...

God, I cannot wait for a release. Holy crap, I've read the last info on this like 7 hours ago and now all major problems seem to be fixed! Damnit, I wish I could lurk the forum forever but I guess I will need to go to bed now.

I can smell another gp2x killer-app on the horizon. WTF am I talking about, it's almost here!!!

saehn posted on Mar 6 2007 at 08:25 PM said:
I don't recall how DaveC's skins looked, but here are a couple of my own that I just did. Please feel free to use them if you like. Thanks for your work, the emulator sounds like it's coming along nicely. :D

Mine was pretty similar, only the color was the dark purple, and it had gpSP for the logo :p

Hopefully these can be used it will look cool.

zodttd posted on Mar 6 2007 at 10:51 PM said:
The slowest game that I've tested so far is Mario Kart Super Circuit, and at the default GP2X Clock of 200MHz, it runs at half speed of the original GBA. I can tell by looking at the in-game clock. :) ...The test had sound on, and when I turned sound off, it didn't make much difference. I didn't try turning off sound syncing though which can affect performance quite a bit for the better.

The max size gpSP supports is the max size of the GBA ROMs, 32MB. :)

I'm still in the process of optimizing. Hoping for a release very soon.

Yeah I have a lame GP2X that can only go to 240 MHz. I am not too dissapointed as the batteries don't last that long at even 240 MHz, going higher would be worse.

What frameskip do you use to get fullspeed? If Mario Kart Super Circuit runs 1/2 speed would it run fullspeed at FS1?

As far as turning sound off for speed I would never do that. I can't get into games with no sound. I would just play the game with a higher frameskip. Hopefully you will get the sound bugs fixed someday. I am sure you will as you seem to be great at coding.

Faantastic work Zod and Exophase :)

Its finally approaching, Zodttd you definitely are fucking awesome. Just don't get burned out. Great work and good luck.

When this is released and it is as good as we think we should all donate something to Zod and Exophase for the hard work. Even if you can only afford $5.00 it is still better than nothing, and it adds up if we all do it.

DaveC posted on Mar 7 2007 at 12:39 AM said:
When this is released and it is as good as we think we should all donate something to Zod and Exophase for the hard work. Even if you can only afford $5.00 it is still better than nothing, and it adds up if we all do it.

I'm for that.

Back