Current Status Of The Moulds?

aesir911

aesir triumphs
The moulds were supposed to arrive about a week ago. Does anyone know if they have arrived to Michael yet? What is the assessment on them? Are they okay, or will they have to be remade? I know you developers are busy, but if you have any idea/time, please let pandora buyers on gp32x know. thanks much.

Not news, just an FYI: The moulds aren't arriving anywhere, they stay at the factory. The factory uses the moulds to make the cases, then sends the cases out to OP Ltd.

I believe the factory is actually going to assemble a handful of complete Pandoras now, instead of just sending the cases out. So there's not so much back and forth shipping time. I think we're all itching for an update... unfortunately these Chinese factories don't exactly stay in touch on Facebook.

Gruso said:
I believe the factory is actually going to assemble a handful of complete Pandoras now, instead of just sending the cases out. So there's not so much back and forth shipping time. I think we're all itching for an update... unfortunately these Chinese factories don't exactly stay in touch on Facebook.

This would involve the boards being shipped to Texas to be populated, which will take a while, then being shipped back to China, along with LCD screens to be assembled. All of the OP devs already own a board, LCD, and keymat, so it would just be faster to send the cases to them and let them build it with the parts they already have then test.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary13579 said:
Gruso said:

This would involve the boards being shipped to Texas to be populated, which will take a while, then being shipped back to China, along with LCD screens to be assembled. All of the OP devs already own a board, LCD, and keymat, so it would just be faster to send the cases to them and let them build it with the parts they already have then test.
When Craig was talking about a few being assembled in China he said they already had all the parts to test with. I'm sure they had the parts just to dry-fit everything so they could catch big errors before sending the cases abroad. Also, it would be logic to give the company making the molds parts anyway, I'm sure they already had them.

Gruso said:
Yep, the factory already has all the parts they need AFAIK.
The factory in TX has all the parts, the factory in China making the molds just has a few parts for fitting.

btw...
aesir's back! woo!

They do indeed, and Michael will be getting some final parts tomorrow, we decided to just get some samples minus that tweaked part so we had something to show you. So you might see a semi-final Pandora tomorrow.

craigix said:
They do indeed, and Michael will be getting some final parts tomorrow, we decided to just get some samples minus that tweaked part so we had something to show you. So you might see a semi-final Pandora tomorrow.
ED's getting the case parts now? Or do you mean MWeston? (I think ED's name is Michael M. as well right?)

[edit] nvm that was dumb, I don't think anyone calls ED Michael.

rabidpoobear said:
ED's getting the case parts now? Or do you mean MWeston? (I think ED's name is Michael M. as well right?)

ED is ED. MWeston is Michael Weston, international super spy!

rabidpoobear said:
craigix said:

Since when does ED have a name?
Did the community authorize this?

so michaels getting some samples of the cases but not one of the fixed ones? so are we still waiting for a fixed case sample to get to michael to ok so they can go ahead and make the cases or do we have to wait for the assembled pandora to get to michael so he can ok them? I'm a little confused coz it's a little late :)

edit, after thought. So how finished is the mould now? do they pretty much have it in the bag or are we still waiting for them to fix it still?

Defo said:
Contrary to popular belief, caps lock is not cruise control for awesome.
I BEG TO DIFFER!
NO REALLY, I WANT TO BE DIFFERENT.... I CAN'T BE HAPPY WITHOUT IT. LET ME, PLEASE? I'M BEGGING YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CAN I BE COOL NOW TOO?

craigix said:
good plan. just curious, but do you mind me asking what part it was that needed tweaking?

craigix said:

Thanks much craigix! No rapidpoobear, I'm not back... just asking a question or two...

lulzfish said:
Since when does ED have a name?
Did the community authorize this?
AFAIK the current revision in the repo doesn't have a name yet, I don't remember submitting a vote as to the outcome of naming any EvilDragons.

quick aesir, post another topic asking what tweak it was. it seems the illusive craigix only comes out of its shell for your topics....

craigix said:

perchance he's not at liberty to disclose information on the tweaking thing... or he's just offline, give him time.

Back