Deathtrap Remix 1.0 Releases

mindlord

Notices Two Things
Website
Visit site
The original Color Computer game gets a face lift.

Check out DeathTrap for an addictive game of skill, luck, and memorization.

Navigate your tank through a massive maze, racking up points, avoiding certain death, and running from the Aggressor. A very simple game with in my opinion high replay value. Great for killing 15 minutes on the tram to work.

screenshot1.png

screenshot2.png

I tried to remain as faithful to the original as possible, but couldn't help but to speed the play up a bit. It runs about the same as the original with the infamous CoCo speed hack on.

Download it here

That looks absolutely superb. Looking forward to trying this one out.

clone said:
Flickers a bit for me, but it works and is pretty cool. Nice job.
I'm aware of the flickering problem, I think I might have compiled it with a slightly old version of SDL, either that or it's not V-Syncing for some reason. It'll be fixed soon, I hope.

jbrodack said:
is there anyway to win in this game or do you just go for a high score? also on that note i would like to see a high score screen implemented
Yes, you can win. Part of the fun of the game is figuring out how. :)

I'll definitely consider adding high scores in the enhanced version I'm planning for the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: v1.1 - Fixed (hopefully) the flickering issue and a bug where the game was awarding too many points for the "super" mine.

This game is decent so far, the only real improvement this game seems to need would be adding some music but besies that it is fun to play.

Back