Developers Getting Pandaras Before The Customers

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's a February delay now? Wow this "project"/"product" keeps sounding even more vaporware.

I swear to God if MWeston sold his schematics to the Chinese for a worthy sum everyone would win, well except for OpenPandora Ltd.. But they've been playing cat and mouse for too long anyway.

LuvClub said:
borgqueenx said:
without developers, pandora would be useless. thats why dev's go first. cancel your preorder, its your best choice of action. or wait until end february.

Who is to say Gerald1 didn't buy the Pandora with the intention to be a developer himself? Maybe he just wanted a barebones unit? Please do not prejudge perople.
I'm sure a lot of us preordered Pandoras intending to develop for it. I bought one intending to do some kind of development for it someday, myself. However, there are already several devs who have shown working prototypes or WIPs, has Gerald1 done that? If he hasn't, I can't see why he has any reason to demand a Pandora more than anyone else.

Beepo said:
I'm not trolling here but it just occurred to me that if the slot for the screen ribbon was too tight wouldn't/shouldn't this have been picked up in the clear prototype cases? I cannot understand why this has only just become an issue.
Don't forget, the ribbon cable that apparently fit fine before wasn't wrapped with the foil, afaik.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best that every just meet out back behind the shed, I'll bring the rope... :rolleyes:

Let's just all hug, kiss and be friends.. Darn it.. It is Christmas after all...

The Pandora will come to the masses when the Pandora is 100% ready... In the mean time, life will carry on just as it always had...

D)

holy crap these topics and conversations are annoying, it'll be done when it gets done, youre really not helping any

View Postborgqueenx, on 12 December 2009 - 03:03 PM, said:
without developers, pandora would be useless. thats why dev's go first. cancel your preorder, its your best choice of action. or wait until end february., excuse me being that I got worked up about the pandara, as my hopes were dashed. and excuse me that I have to take time out to do a medical test at the end of the month, to see if my cancer has come back, whter you belive me or not it doesnt matter. I was looking forward to having something like this to work and play wwiht, after my test as the stuff you have to take for this scan, tears a body up. t would have been nice to have the pandar to have something to do, but it wont happen, as its not coming at all, not in february or any other time. now go ahead and do your trash talk, I have important things to think about that are comining up in a few weeks.

Gerald1 said:
View Postborgqueenx, on 12 December 2009 - 03:03 PM, said:
without developers, pandora would be useless. thats why dev's go first. cancel your preorder, its your best choice of action. or wait until end february., excuse me being that I got worked up about the pandara, as my hopes were dashed. and excuse me that I have to take time out to do a medical test at the end of the month, to see if my cancer has come back, whter you belive me or not it doesnt matter. I was looking forward to having something like this to work and play wwiht, after my test as the stuff you have to take for this scan, tears a body up. t would have been nice to have the pandar to have something to do, but it wont happen, as its not coming at all, not in february or any other time. now go ahead and do your trash talk, I have important things to think about that are comining up in a few weeks.

Hey, I'm sorry, mate.

This project has had a lot of delays. If you need something to distract you, you'd be better off with someone from a store. The benefits are that you can play with it now and it also distracts you until the Pandora DOES come out!

Good luck, man.

-Tj- said:
I'm sure a lot of us preordered Pandoras intending to develop for it. I bought one intending to do some kind of development for it someday, myself. However, there are already several devs who have shown working prototypes or WIPs, has Gerald1 done that? If he hasn't, I can't see why he has any reason to demand a Pandora more than anyone else.

This is first time that I have read one of this Gerald1 chap's posts, but for all I know he could be one of the first 100 who had ordered the Pandora and if that is true then I believe that would be good enough reason for his "demands". That is to say if he had bought the Pandora on the preconception he would get it as soon as possible and that he did not need any further developer support for it.

ferg said:
So it's a February delay now? Wow this "project"/"product" keeps sounding even more vaporware.

No. It's still December until we say it isn't.

craigix said:
ferg said:

No. It's still December until we say it isn't.
you said you expected a reply from the factory today? any news? :) or what timeline is that factory?

Glad you still think December. I think its 95% certain that it wont ship, but im 100% certain to be happy to be proven wrong :)

Well all that's left to do is to start putting them in cases, and the Chinese don't do Christmas, so there is still a good chance some will ship this year. As you know some are already shipping, but those are for devs (some of whom are also paying customers).

craigix said:
Well all that's left to do is to start putting them in cases, and the Chinese don't do Christmas, so there is still a good chance some will ship this year. As you know some are already shipping, but those are for devs (some of whom are also paying customers).

Are the cases finished now then?

Edit: Sorry, I couldn't resist...

Hrm, that does make sense... If they finish the tweaks today, and send out the cases Monday, MWeston'll probably have them by Thursday/Friday. This would mean case production could start on the 21st or so. Cases could be shipped out to Texas in batches of 1-2 thousand, and they'd arrive around Christmas Day. If that schedule was more or less accurate, it would mean that a decent number of Pandoras could be shipped out between Christmas and December 31st, and who knows, some lucky people (who have 48 hour shipping) might get theirs before 2010.

Of course, I'm being quite optimistic.

I would gladly give up my spot in line for one of these devs. I'd be willing to go right to the back of the line.

craigix said:
As you know some are already shipping, but those are for devs (some of whom are also paying customers).

Look, I'm very happy with the way things are currently going. But, please stop saying that 'some are already shipping.' It doesn't really count until you are sending MP units to paying customers from the queue. It isn't really helping your case when you've been saying the last few days that you're 'already shipping.' You haven't hit MP yet, and there's no reason to claim more progress than you've actually made.

Some will probably ship - I don't know if they will arrive before the new year, it will be close. Let's see what happens this coming week and we will know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back