Do People Outside The Us Say Bm?

WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 28 2006 at 07:47 PM said:
It really takes a LOT to scare me. I am almost un-scarable when watching films, most are way too predictive. I'm like "He's behind the door" and he is!
I apologize for this post being a little quick, but I am typing one handed as I just dropped a load of hot wax on my left hand and it's rather sore and presently resting in cold water.
You need to let them scare you. Turn your brain off and just watch. I always used to watch horror movies, but I'd sit there watching, predicting everything and thinking about how fake it all is. I then worked out how to just let them scare me, and now I can watch movies that didn't used to scare me and they do know. You enjoy them a lot more (no matter how crap they really are) :D

Although it probably helps if you already have very little grasp on reality in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Javacat posted on Jul 28 2006 at 08:00 PM said:
You need to let them scare you. Turn your brain off and just watch. I always used to watch horror movies, but I'd sit there watching, predicting everything and thinking about how fake it all is. I then worked out how to just let them scare me, and now I can watch movies that didn't used to scare me and they do know. You enjoy them a lot more (no matter how crap they really are) :D

Although it probably helps if you already have very little grasp on reality in the first place.
The trouble with me is, when I was young me and my sister used to sneak out of bed late at night to watch horror movies while my parents were running the pub. we were quite young and I think from all the cliche's of all them 100's of films I have seen, it takes a lot to surprise me. Now I get bored really quickly of cliche style movies. I must say that I really liked Hellraiser, although it wasn't a jump out your skin BOO type film. Nightbreed was amazing as it took "US" as the bad folk and the monsters as the persicuted, that film is always watchable again and again.
John Carpenters "The Thing" was also pretty O'rrible. I was into effects when that was released, and I was experimenting with making fake skin with copydex. I could do pretty good cuts and I could age my stster 10 years LOL.

WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 28 2006 at 08:22 PM said:

The trouble with me is, when I was young me and my sister used to sneak out of bed late at night to watch horror movies while my parents were running the pub. we were quite young and I think from all the cliche's of all them 100's of films I have seen, it takes a lot to surprise me. Now I get bored really quickly of cliche style movies. I must say that I really liked Hellraiser, although it wasn't a jump out your skin BOO type film. Nightbreed was amazing as it took "US" as the bad folk and the monsters as the persicuted, that film is always watchable again and again.
John Carpenters "The Thing" was also pretty O'rrible. I was into effects when that was released, and I was experimenting with making fake skin with copydex. I could do pretty good cuts and I could age my stster 10 years LOL.
*googles copydex*

Alcohol here I come... :p

WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 28 2006 at 03:22 PM said:

Well, hills have eyes isnt that type of "oh no he's behind you!!!1" movie. It's more like "holy fuck those poor people".

Im serious, rent it tonight. You'll love it.

michaeljustman posted on Jul 28 2006 at 10:12 AM said:
A cat in a box!? Does it come with a radioactive atomic nucleus and a canister of poison gas?
Oh, god! I haven't read anything that funny in ages (sad, I know). And people call me a geek

Wite_Noiz posted on Jul 28 2006 at 09:36 PM said:
A cat in a box!? Does it come with a radioactive atomic nucleus and a canister of poison gas?
Oh, god! I haven't read anything that funny in ages (sad, I know). And people call me a geek

:D That whooooshed me. I had to Google it, but appreciate it now!

Wite_Noiz posted on Jul 28 2006 at 01:36 PM said:
I just got that, I remember that one!!

Schrödinger is silly, if there is a hundred percent chance of the atom decaying in 2 hours I will just wait 2 hours and collect my dead cat :).

Better yet, use the GP2X and call it 4 hours, you still get your 50/50 odds and GP2X's are much cheaper than decaying atoms. Not to mention it gets a free gassing to clean off any lice or roaches that might be inhabiting the game machine :ph34r:.

There is always another way to kill a cat. - Schrödinger

I was going to say that FluffyUK looked cute to me too, but then I realized I was sitting too far from the screen, and those eyes ARE evil when I looked up close.

nubie posted on Jul 25 2006 at 09:50 PM said:
Is BM an expression used in England or the rest of the English-speaking world?

As a non-native speaker of the English language I can say I am not familiar with this expression.
Dutch.

Javacat posted on Jul 28 2006 at 02:00 PM said:
WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 28 2006 at 07:47 PM said:
It really takes a LOT to scare me. I am almost un-scarable when watching films, most are way too predictive. I'm like "He's behind the door" and he is!
I apologize for this post being a little quick, but I am typing one handed as I just dropped a load of hot wax on my left hand and it's rather sore and presently resting in cold water.

Me and my best friend Mark have a good time making fun of horror movies. Especially terrible ones like "The Grudge". We'll just sit through the whole thing ad-libbing our own lines to it, making it really funny. Like for "The Grudge", whenever the kid popped down from somewhere with his mouth open, one of us would say in a weird screechy voice, "I'm a doctor!". Then we'd say some random stuff like from TV shows depicting doctors. You'd actually have to be there to appriciate the humor in it though, it was just so random that we couldn't stop laughing.

finty posted on Jul 29 2006 at 11:35 PM said:
What is it exactly? Bowel movement? Baby Momma? BMW?

Yeah, the only time I say bm is in relation to the car make, but even then, I usually just say beamer, it has that ring...

finty posted on Jul 29 2006 at 04:35 PM said:
What is it exactly? Bowel movement? Baby Momma? BMW?
I meant Bowel Movement.

See the film "Robin Hood Men in Tights", a Mel Brooks movie for a reference of the phrase in a sentence.

The Prince doesn't want to hear bad news, and cites that he had a Good night's sleep and a good BM and bad news would just upset him.

I think it is while he is in the bubble bath, but I am not sure. (what, they aren't MY bubbles, they're from the pipes. :lol: :lol: )

Back