Do We Know Any Details On Second Batch?

Just curious if I'm one of the folks waiting for the 2nd batch due to change in wanting a device another device instead. Remember when I wanted this thing no matter what... then... the G1 was finally announced by Google & my carrier T-Mobile :lol: .

Fact is I still have an old Nokia flip phone and while it still works & everything, I need to seriously step up with a new phone before I step up to a Pandora, and the G1 is pretty much everything I could (eventually) want out of a device - especially with it also being open (see the common thread between the two devices of what I like? ;) )so stuff that I want I can either wait for or maybe even write (since stuff is written very similar to Java) myself ^_^

In the end tho - smart phone upgrade > UMPC in terms of prioritizing. Of course if I had a better job I'd already be in line with the pre-orders for both :\

I think that sentiment was going around *ahem, chad... ahem* when the Dev team had to push back preorders and release... I don't think you're the only one.

I'm definitely not one, though, as even if there were a more powerful handheld that was less expensive and even shipped with an open source OS on the market, I'd still get a Pandora. I believe in this community, I think that homegrown devices like this should be supported, especially ones that have the capability of being everything I want them to be.

ish420 said:
I just found out the second batch will go for $399.
Where did you find that out? I hope thats not true because $330 really had me at my limit and $400 is a psychological no go.

Last edited by a moderator:
In Germany at GP2X.de I could already preorder second batch Pandoras for 249 Euros. But still no custom color or brushed aluminium case. This batch will be delivered at the end of January. That´s still a lot of time to wait for new designs (original or modded).

Schugy said:
In Germany at GP2X.de I could already preorder second batch Pandoras for 249 Euros. But still no custom color or brushed aluminium case. This batch will be delivered at the end of January. That´s still a lot of time to wait for new designs (original or modded).
...and that is just the same price as the first batch was (incl. 19% german VAT).

ish420 said:

Source please..., otherwise it's just gossip. :unsure:

TaG said:
ish420 said:

He was blabbering that figure around before the first batch too, telling people it was still worth it and $330 was a steal.

Best thing to do -> Ignore him.

Squidge said:
TaG said:
ish420 said:

He was blabbering that figure around before the first batch too, telling people it was still worth it and $330 was a steal.

Best thing to do -> Ignore him.

:ph34r: You ain't seen me. Roight? :ph34r:

Ol' Squid is correct. I'm just having a little fun. LOL. Hope I didn't hurt any feelings. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if the price did go up for the second batch.

Back