Do You Like The Name?

I think I'm a tentative fan of the name. I can't easily imagine talking about playing x on my Pandora (it sounds wrong), but just playing x on Pandora sounds ok. Much closer to the way some people use modern console names in fact, but whereas saying "I'm going to play on PSX for a bit" makes me cringe a bit (there should be an article or a possessive imo), saying "I'm going to play on Pandora for a bit" oddly enough works.

It's also a much better name if you're aiming to catch non-gamers with this device as well, which from info thus far, I believe you are.

Disadvantage is that it might start being referred to as Dora in an attempt to cut down on the time it takes to talk about the machine. Advantage is that as a result of having such an awful abreviation, people will probably take their time to say the whole name.

Although I guess Pan sounds ok. Even if it does make me think of Pantalaimon rather than Pandora...

Did anyone really think that a huge Amiga fan like Craig would give it anything other than a girls name ;)

I'm glad it's stayed Pandora. Had a horrible feeling it would end up as another random collection of letters and numbers.

Would you say The Pandora or just Pandora? And, is the plural Pandoras Pandorae, etc

Pandora... frankly, I don't like it. Like others already said, she was the chick that spread all bad things into the world. You might as well call it "The Bitch". ;)

But I didn't like "Wii" too and I got used to it, so I guess I will be okay with Pandora sooner or later. :D

woogal said:
Did anyone really think that a huge Amiga fan like Craig would give it anything other than a girls name ;)

I'm glad it's stayed Pandora. Had a horrible feeling it would end up as another random collection of letters and numbers.
It grew on me already, except it just makes me think of Adrian Mole that's all. And 'dora is even worse.. thoughts of a short fat old biddy with a headscarf

I like the thought of it being twinned with Amiga though

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the advertising... Touch Pandora's Box!

Also, it reminds me of Adrian Mole too... Pandora Louise Elizabeth Braithwaite lolz

love the name

http://pandora.gp2x.de hum :ph34r:
Logo.jpg

I think the machine looks interesting and the name is fine by me to there is nothing wrong with Pandora.

I don't think the websites are ready yet not even the one craig gives to donators has much on yet. all its got is a picture of Pandora and a section to register your e-mail for a newsletter

piemaster said:
I don't think the websites are ready yet not even the one craig gives to donators has much on yet. all its got is a picture of Pandora and a section to register your e-mail for a newsletter
I'm assuming you're not allowed to tell us what it is?

I honestly don't know if that is the official logo. I imagine EvilDragon just whipped that up for some flare on the webpage. :)

It might be fun to run a logo design contest. This is just me talking. The logo is not something I have been a part of and I can't say officially what is decided.

piemaster said:
There wasn't anything on the stuff i received saying i couldn't

Pandora

Fuck! I had guessed openpandora.com. I was close!

Gotta say, not what I expected in terms of the way it looks. Thought all the gaming stuff would be on the face w/ a slide-out keyboard. Looks pretty good, although I'm sure an actual picture will look nicer than a render.

Is that the final design? :blink:

Got to say that some of the community provided designs look a lot better IMO. Still getting quite excited about this though, and I started off a skeptic :)

I thought Dual SD was not supported by the OMAP... Also, please tell me it is easy to reach the left analog stick, and that it will be possible to map emulation buttons to the o and p keys on the keyboard. ^_^;

EDIT: WTF, 1 GB of RAM?!?! ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

-God Ginrai

Back