Does the Pandora support Achievements and online high scores?

Think nano or pico (unix) may be fairly common on most installs. it's generally fairly easy.
I typically use nano since it is available with most Linux distros.  It is not only easy but gives me the little reminders I mentioned.  They help me make sure I am saving to the right place and/or exiting when I intend to.  Also, the little list at the bottom helps sometimes.  It is stupid-proof and available which work for me. I am looking at playing with something based on OpenSolaris, and don't currently know what editors come with each.  I don't even remember what Solaris had back when I used it.

For some reason I decided a couple weeks ago to try learning emacs.  I still don't know my way around too well.  The fact that I have had to install it on everything I wanted to use it on seems like a bit of a warning to me to not expect it to be available when I most need it.

I have never understood achievements and why some people want them on the Pandora is beyond me :|
I think Levi has it right.  It seems like an extension to the competitive nature of some games so you can show off outside of the game.  I don't like it at the system level so that everyone knows that I suck at game x.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think nano or pico (unix) may be fairly common on most installs. it's generally fairly easy.
nano and pico are linux only. not available on any other *nix
Also there's ed (not on the pandora for some reason though)
It have been ages since I've seen someone using ed. and if you have vi, you dont want to use ed (but can switch vi to ed/ex mode: Q)

I used to hate vi and used nano, but now that I'm used to vi I actually hate nano because it lacks all of those really usefull features. I prefer vim because I can't get used to exiting insert-mode before going up or down a line :p

No you are wrong, pico is an Unix based editor, It's installed on almost all of the Solaris, AIX, HP-UX machines I work with.  

Nano is the GNU editor that imitates pico's functions which is readily available in Linux.. If you see pico on a Linux it may be a symlink to nano to keep the old Unix people happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
 I have never understood achievements and why some people want them on the Pandora is beyond me :|
Its the same as with highscores in the past, some people just like the competitive aspect.

Some weird way to pull some form of achivements in:

Setup a cross compiler toolchain with MS Visual Studio, install this addon and start developing for the Pandora

That just shows what's wrong with acheivements, at least those done the MS way:

UML God (5 points)

Create a UML Class Diagram 10 times. Code is for sissies. Models! Models! Models!

I Like To Move It Move It (10 points)

Use the accelerometer to respond to user movement.

Many other targets are good ideas, and trying to gain them will develop useful skills as a coder. But judging by the high scores list, this has a fairly achievable max high score, whereas a good game will never have an easily achievable max score, so it's always possible to come first just by trying hard enough.

No you are wrong, pico is an Unix based editor, It's installed on almost all of the Solaris, AIX, HP-UX machines I work with.  

Nano is the GNU editor that imitates pico's functions which is readily available in Linux.. If you see pico on a Linux it may be a symlink to nano to keep the old Unix people happy.
Thanks for sharing this.  It is good to know that pico is around if I am using Solaris or some other *nixes.

When I use "pico" on this computer it gives me nano.

I don't do much editing in text mode, but when I do I prefer using Midnight commander and it's internal editor.

Midnight commander also doubles as a hexeditor (it's hidden a bit confusingly in the internal viewer).

Back