Doom Options

vgslag

Still Fresh
Hi,

I've noticed that Doom on the GP32 doesn't save in game options like screen size or music volume. Do you know if Doom pulled in any config files like quake did where I could set the options for good. From what I recall it didn't, but just asking incase anyone has any ideas.

vgslag posted on Oct 14 2004 at 08:59 AM said:
I've noticed that Doom on the GP32 doesn't save in game options like screen size or music volume. Do you know if Doom pulled in any config files like quake did where I could set the options for good. From what I recall it didn't, but just asking incase anyone has any ideas.

I'm pretty sure it saves them for me...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a doomopt file but that only stores the wad I'm using, headphone settings and clock speed in the front end... I'm after the in game options saved, but thanks for the input :)

vgslag posted on Oct 14 2004 at 10:06 AM said:
I have a doomopt file but that only stores the wad I'm using, headphone settings and clock speed in the front end... I'm after the in game options saved, but thanks for the input :)

OK, I'm with you now... are those options not stored in the normal game saves?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, only launcher options seem to be in there, and the game saves don't store that data. Does the guy that ported Doom read these forums, or does he have an email do you know?

Back