Dosbox And .pnd-File Video ... Posted!

I would LOVE to see a video of Epic Pinball. I was just playing it yesterday. I love that game!

Sorry, Dungeon Keeper is well outside the capabilities of Dosbox on the Pandora. Minimum specs were a 100MHZ 486. The Pandora will struggle on anything that needs more than about a 16-20MHz 386. Dungeon Keeper will be a slideshow, if it runs at all.

Chip said:
Sorry, Dungeon Keeper is well outside the capabilities of Dosbox on the Pandora. Minimum specs were a 100MHZ 486. The Pandora will struggle on anything that needs more than about a 16-20MHz 386. Dungeon Keeper will be a slideshow, if it runs at all.

Yeh, I have been told before so I wasn't really that expectant. Warcraft 2 alone is a win for me. Pandora 2 perhaps.

Last edited by a moderator:
skeezix said:
Maybe its best if we leave the videos to Craig and ED anyway, since you all like audio and commentary right?

Nono... We do enjoy jovial commentary, but: A video is cake, the commentary is icing... but who doesn't love cake regardless if there is icing? If you provide us cake, we will happily consume it and be thankful you did... icing be damned.

Edit: Cake without icing is still cake, and we are all very hungry. Icing without cake is just sick... unless you're preggers or other things I won't get into.

Please sir, can I some have more (I think that's a christmas movie reference). Oh, and Wing Commander would be awesome in general, even if it is a bit antiquated.

Dead1nside said:
Chip said:

Yeh, I have been told before so I wasn't really that expectant. Warcraft 2 alone is a win for me. Pandora 2 perhaps.
I started on the second Dungeon Keeper and played the first later. The first one was really basic and buggy, we even played it on our 486 back in the day. It is too bad that a good clone or game interpreter never came out for it, it was a good game.

I'm with you on WC2 though, I still to this day, without playing it for years and years, get the music stuck in my head. Out of every game I ever played I think that music comes to mind the most, it even beats Mario and Tetris for me.

Chip said:
So this means WC2 won't work either since it requires a Pentium 60.

Laurent said:
Chip said:
I have my case right here, the requirements are a 33MHz 486 or faster. You might have the Battle.net edition.

Chip said:
Sorry, Dungeon Keeper is well outside the capabilities of Dosbox on the Pandora. Minimum specs were a 100MHZ 486. The Pandora will struggle on anything that needs more than about a 16-20MHz 386. Dungeon Keeper will be a slideshow, if it runs at all

by the way:
fallout runs on the psp. with a lot of lags but it works and inventory screen etc. with fullspeed

and fallout has got quite same high hardware requirements like dungeon keeper. let us hope...

second exodous said:
Laurent said:
I have my case right here, the requirements are a 33MHz 486 or faster. You might have the Battle.net edition.
WC2 is iffy. It may or may not be too slow to be really enjoyable under Dosbox. With a little luck though, a port of Wargus would allow you to play at or near full speed.

Chip said:
But if we would have the Source Code, a game-port like Dungeon Keeper shouldn't be a problem for the Pandora (hardware-wise) right? ^^"

fusion_power said:
But if we would have the Source Code, a game-port like Dungeon Keeper shouldn't be a problem for the Pandora (hardware-wise) right? ^^"
Probably, but we don't, so the issue is moot.

GizmoTheGreen said:
what options do we have for heroes of might and magic? would homm3 be plausible?

I highly doubt it (read: not going to work, as it requires a 133MHz Pentium). It seems that HOMM2 might work though (requires a 486/33, 486/66 recommended).

Surely the Atari ST version of Dungeon Master will be playable using Castaway? Cmon Skeezix... show me some Captive... go on... you know you want to.

A few games I'm interested in for DosBox:

Daggerfall ( I doubt this will run ) - 90 mhz pentium / 486 66 Mhz ( http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/downloads_games.htm )
Little Big Adventure - 33 Mhz 386 ( http://www.lbahq.com/download.php )

I think all these games are abondonware and can be downloaded freely on the net if you want to give any a try.

Back