Release DraStic Nintendo DS emulator

And dont forget Still Alive ds, the 2D Portal Clone..

The strange thing is: i bought a DS Flash Card long ago to shorten the Pandora Waitingtime, but ditnt bring DS Roms to work, only Homebrew

Now the Pandora plays DS Roms, but until now no DS Homebrew..

Found a bug in the latest drastic version: seems like Cheats ditnt work now

Trufax, I got a flash cart explicitly for having linux on my DS. When that didn't work as well as I'd hoped I discovered the GP2X which I'd intended to pair with a tiny keyboard and USB wifi, only to learn about the then almost ready Pandora. When that didn't materialize as quickly as hopped I bought a laptop and hated everything about it.

Where was I? Oh yeah, the important thing to remember is that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time...

Can I request a feature? When using 2x1 scaled mode (or 1x2) it would be useful if both screens were shown in small.

Like...

11 1
11 2
or
22 1
22 2Make sense? And swap the large screen at the push of a button, same as it is now.This way, if a game is specifically designed to use the top and bottom screens over each other (DQ4 is a good example) you can zoom in on the "main" screen and still see the entire thing in the small.

Can I request a feature? When using 2x1 scaled mode (or 1x2) it would be useful if both screens were shown in small.

Like...

11 1
11 2
or
22 1
22 2
Make sense? And swap the large screen at the push of a button, same as it is now.
This way, if a game is specifically designed to use the top and bottom screens over each other (DQ4 is a good example) you can zoom in on the "main" screen and still see the entire thing in the small.
That's a nice feature but only if it's also possible to show it as it's now.

For Star Fox for example I'd like to be able to get the touchscreen in a centered position.

For Star Fox for example I'd like to be able to get the touchscreen in a centered position.
You already can. Set the orientation to horizontal.
I referred to what WizardStan suggested.

2 screens instead of one besides the big screen (in horizontal mode)

I know I can have one centered. WizardStan wants one big and both screens near by (so 3 screens in the end).

All I wanted to state is that if you might add such a screen mode I'd like to keep the possibility to show only 2 (as we have it now).

Nothing more.

I'm sorry, if I didn't express myself clear enough.

I hope it's understandable now.

:)

All I wanted to state is that if you might add such a screen mode I'd like to keep the possibility to show only 2 (as we have it now).
Well yes, I was asking if it were possible to add as an additional screen mode, not a replacement. I've only found one game where it is really useful though, but I haven't really been looking with that in mind.

Well yes, I was asking if it were possible to add as an additional screen mode, not a replacement. I've only found one game where it is really useful though, but I haven't really been looking with that in mind.
No, no. It's a good point to have that option if it's possible.

I have an other Idea.

For games like Ninja Gaiden and Brain Training (don't know others at the moment), games which rotate the screen there is an other thing I'd like to as for.

Rotate the screens and place them besides each other.

I mean rotate the rotated screen, so that the Pandora doesn't have to be rotated...

(Wow, lot's of rotation ;) )

... and put them besides each other at  the same size.

That should fit well on the screen and is nice to use for some games.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, no. It's a good point to have that option if it's possible.

I have an other Idea.

For games like Ninja Gaiden and Brain Training (don't know others at the moment), games which rotate the screen there is an other thing I'd like to as for.

Rotate the screens and place them besides each other.

I mean rotate the rotated screen, so that the Pandora doesn't have to be rotated...

(Wow, lot's of rotation ;) )

... and put them besides each other at  the same size.

That should fit well on the screen and is nice to use for some games.
Yes, and at the same time it's probably a good idea to rotate the dpad inputs accordingly (I know of several games that use the dpad while rotated).

I've been playing some FPS games (Call of duty modern warfare 4, metroid prime hunters), and I can't help wondering if there could be a way to emulate the touchscreen with the right nub for these games, as an x-y offset from the middle of the screen? Otherwise they are very tricky to play!

What would be also be nice would be:

A shorcut that emulates a double tap.

Touchscreen working on both screens so that you can still use it blindly when only displaying the main screen.

A shorcut for single tap (don't actually know if that is useful, but maybe?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Edglex, have you tried using the 'mirror touchscreen' option?

It doesn't do what you would like, but i do that for Metroid Prime Hunters and then set it up for single screen mode and it's amazing to play; in my opinion, even better than on the ds.

Exophase, any news on who is going to be testing the DLDI support? Is there a test version out there that I've missed?

D.

I just want to confirm that cheats are non working for me too.

Thats bad, because my Son likes to play Plants vs Zombies but is not patient enough to wait for Suns :D

OK, so I go into the cheats menu, find a cheat, then turn it on. Upon resuming the game, nothing changes, so I do a battery save and reset the game, thinking it needs to run the cheats from the start, but then they al just turn themselves off. What else is odd is for some games, a few cheats will be enabled by default, and they work; repeating the aforementioned process yeilds the same result: default cheats remain on.

I looked around the appdata folder, but found nothing for cheats. There's some config files, but they're all in bytecode; nothing readable there. Got any ideas?

Back