Drpocketsnes 6.5.0 Caanoo

Great emulator all around. Many games work great for me with the exception of a few that people have already talked about. The only thing that annoys me is the static sound in the menu screen even if the sound slider is all the way off. I'm using firmware 1.0.6 with no problems getting it running.

RupeeClock said:
Fantastic! Too bad it's not the up-to-date version of 7.0 though, that had some great speed improvements.
But this should be the best SNES solution for a while.

Edit: Well everything's nice and fast but there's plenty of graphical layering errors in Super Mario World, and a constant hissing sound on the emulator menu.

The layering error in Super Mario World is due to having your transparency in the menu turned off. Turn that on, and it will work perfectly :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone got tales of phantasia to work? I've tried multiple roms of it and all I'm getting is a black screen.

@redlemon - TOP doesn't work for me. Still, this emulator is a great improvement - like was said before me, being able to play Seiken Densetsu 3 full-speed with an UNDERCLOCKED Clock speed is amazing - I have firmware 1.5.0. Great work on porting, Maetel.

Batman - Revenge of the Joker, screen just goes black, fps displayed is 60, buttons change nothing, can still go into the emu menu

A lot of games just do not work, they have a black screen with usually very high fps, but wont show any GUI. I have no idea why Mortal Combat 2 won't work. The first and second work great, but the second one just won't go any further then the first screen...it just sits there.

Nunez said:
A lot of games just do not work, they have a black screen with usually very high fps, but wont show any GUI. I have no idea why Mortal Combat 2 won't work. The first and second work great, but the second one just won't go any further then the first screen...it just sits there.

LOL this is funny. Everyone was complaining about SNES9X4C and wanting this. It comes out and the compatibility isn't as good as people had hoped. Sure its a little faster at times but I'd rather overclock and use a little frameskip than have little compatibility and lots of graphic and sound glitches. Don't get me wrong this is great for a first release and I appreciate the port and look forward to a updated release. I'm going to be using both since some games work better on SNES9X4C and some work better on POCKETSNES

WOW...good news...finally... :D

Try some games on regular version... bugs here ant there but, good speed in comparison with Snes9x... :)
In other games, the game don't run or freeze after title screen...

Waiting for improvements...great emul! :)

Luo=-_

CKeichel said:
Many thanks, works great, Donkey Kong Country runs fullspeed. :)
Starfox is to slow, the emulation of the FX chip is obviously to much for the Caanoo.

There is a constant noise in the menu, should there be music played?

Again, thank you for you work.

Will Starfox EVER get up to full speed then?

Popcorn Dave said:
Works fine for me on 1.5, have you tried downloading it again?

Re-downloaded and even tried another SD card.

Yoshi Dragon said:
Freezes immediately after startup. Fast version does not even show the GUI. :wacko:

I'm on firmware 1.0.6 (have installed 1.5.0 once, but went back to 1.0.6 after bad benchmark results).

I'm at least happy to hear I'm not the only person with this problem. Hopefully the cause can be tracked down.

goldenegg said:
Popcorn Dave said:
Works fine for me on 1.5, have you tried downloading it again?

Re-downloaded and even tried another SD card.

Yoshi Dragon said:
Freezes immediately after startup. Fast version does not even show the GUI. :wacko:

I'm on firmware 1.0.6 (have installed 1.5.0 once, but went back to 1.0.6 after bad benchmark results).

I'm at least happy to hear I'm not the only person with this problem. Hopefully the cause can be tracked down.

I just downgraded to 1.06 to test if it is a firmware issue and I have no issues. I went back to 1.5 and no issues there either. Hope you get it figured out. I can zip up my working version and you can try it out if you want. Just pm me.

Hope Reesy and HeadOverHeels have a Caanoo. If they don't, I doubt we'll see them releasing PocketSNES on it. :(

I just want to notice, that Speed is nearly the same to Snes9x4C if you run PocketSnes with normal 533mhz, sound at 44100khz and Transparency turned ON.

It would be helpfull, if someone can do a Speed and Compatibility (special chip roms) comparsion between this two (but using the same options mentioned above).

If its worth, i will develop Snes9x4C further and add transparency and music option to improve speed.

cheers

It may be the same speed, but some games do run better on the PocketSNES just in general. One I noticed a definite change was Alien vs. Predator. With Snes9x4C the screen flickers black constantly, making it impossible to play, and quite slow even when overclocked. Though with PocketSNES it runs with no flickering at 60fps the whole time.

Ah. No one reported a bug in Alien vs. Predator. Why?

If no one reportes bugs, i cant fix them ;-).

PocketSnes crashes for me very often when quitting. It also has lots of bugs for example running Blues Brothers.

Some games run better on PocketSnes, some better on Snes9x4C. Thats why i asked for a real comparsion using same options without overclock.

Back