Duke Nukem Forever

Asiyura

The studio Gearbox are officially trying to make Duke Nukem Forever… and release it in 2011

The platforms should be PC, PS3, 360.

More informations here.

I still don't really believe they'll be able to release it
laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, now there is a tiny chance I get Duke Nukem Forever before I get my Pandora.

Who would have thought.

This week while cleaning my basement I found the December 1999 PC Gamer with Duke Nukem Forever on the front cover. So getting a kick out of this news.

I just remembered somebody on a forum that took a photo of preorder bill for this game.

I wonder if the shop still consider it valid and if they'll consider the 10 years of interests
rolleyes.gif

Found it

slash000_fudigg.jpg

Assuming he kept the receipt even after it was "officially" "canceled", imagine the story he'll have when he goes to pick it up.

"Hey Manager? This guy... he's got a preorder for Duke Nukem Forever" "But... we didn't sell preorders" "It's from 10 years ago!"

How many preorders were there? It might be good publicity to honor it/them. I'm pretty sure it would show up in the news if they did. Is it just me, or do they cover the most bizarre stories these days?

What is it now? Something like 15 years? What the hell were 3DRealms doing that whole time?

I must admit to feeling a certain degree of schadenfreude; They had the game pretty much complete in 2001 and it looked absolutely fantastic by the standards of 2001. Why they suddenly decided to change engines at that time is beyond me. They should have just released the damn thing then and there. We could have had several sequels in the time since 2001. I am absolutely aghast at the level of ineptitude, on the business level, displayed by 3D Realms. 

I must admit to feeling a certain degree of schadenfreude; They had the game pretty much complete in 2001 and it looked absolutely fantastic by the standards of 2001. Why they suddenly decided to change engines at that time is beyond me. They should have just released the damn thing then and there. We could have had several sequels in the time since 2001. I am absolutely aghast at the level of ineptitude, on the business level, displayed by 3D Realms. 

Apparently they went from Quake II's engine, to Quake III's engine, to the unreal engine, to a NEWER unreal engine...

I know it's duke, but come on. :/

Because DUKE NEEDS TO BE BETTER! >:0

Which makes me think...

Gearbox should wait and use the crysis 2 engine for DNF :eek:

EDIT: I have a theory. That theory is that 3DRealms planned this from the beginning, none of this is true, and it was really just a 14 year hype campaign.

Apparently they went from Quake II's engine, to Quake III's engine, to the unreal engine, to a NEWER unreal engine...

I know it's duke, but come on. :/

None of those alows you to give a whore 5$ and have her show her tits realistically enough

We all know it's this sort of stuf they wanted for DNF

they should have gone with GTA4 engine, Rockstar has some experience there

Did anyone else feel like the DNF vehicle level lookes a whole lot like ID's Rage vehicle demo?

Maybe they switched to Tech 5?

Back