E3 E-mail

Knoxximus

Website
www.beat-tech.com
GOt this E-mail today.....probably since I gave them my business card....

GAMEPARK Inc.

3rd Fl. #319. Bluevill Bldg., Sunae-dong, Dundang-gu,

Seongnam-City, Gyeonggi-do, Korea(Zip 463-825)

www.gamepark.com

May 17, 2006

Dear: Sirs and Madams

GAMEPARK has just come back from a successful E3 Expo 2006. On behave of Mr. Jeon, Hyoung Gun President of GAMEPARK, and all of the members of GAMEPARK, I would like to thank you for visiting GAMEPARK¡¯s displaying booth at E3 Expo 2006. Because of your great interests and your support, we are fully encouraged to work at a full power in order to upgrade the prototype XGP Series into the eye-catching high-end game devices.

As our representatives at the Expo may have explained, we are at the final stage of development and are preparing to go on the production line soon. If you would be patient, you will get your hands on the ultimate gaming machine with tons of multi-media features in a moment. If you have any questions regarding XGP Series and GAMEPARK, Please feel free to contact me I will be glad to answer all the questions.

GAMEPARK promise you that GAMEPARK will continue to strive to be a global leader in the Portable Game Device Market with creation of new and innovative imagination, insight, and continue to challenge ourselves with the highest standard of technology.

Yours Faithfully,

Nathan Sung
Department of Overseas Marketing
GAMEPARK
nathan@gamepark.com

Ready?.....DISCUSS!!

all i know is that i'm glad i didn't shell out cash for a GP2x, i think this system is going to be more popular, especially the mini. That would be great to take anywhere.

Draken posted on May 17 2006 at 09:56 AM said:
What's there to discuss?
Well we now have a clear answer to the status of the product line:

We have no idea when it will ship and the specifications have not yet even been decided.

See ya in '07.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi folks, I was looking at the GP2x and was thinking of buying it, but then I see all this about this XGP now this is my first post and Im confused, should I wait and get that will it still play movies on my TV ? Sorry Im lost lol
Main thing I want one for is Playing Xvids on my TV and playing old games, so Im like wtf is all this XGP ? Think I should wait ?

Red-M posted on May 17 2006 at 07:08 PM said:
Hi folks, I was looking at the GP2x and was thinking of buying it, but then I see all this about this XGP now this is my first post and Im confused, should I wait and get that will it still play movies on my TV ? Sorry Im lost lol
Main thing I want one for is Playing Xvids on my TV and playing old games, so Im like wtf is all this XGP ? Think I should wait ?
There are many, many, many, posts around here discussing that same quandary. There is no right answer. The only thing you can do is look around and search this forum.

The gp2x is very developed by now. The xgp won't be shipping in the US until 2007. That should help you make some of your decision.

Red-M posted on May 17 2006 at 11:08 PM said:

If you don't mind playing games made for a digital stick with an analog, and 4:3 screens stretched out to 16:9 then it would be ok. The GP2X is still more suited for emulators. The XGP would be better for movies.

Angel posted on May 17 2006 at 06:02 PM said:
all i know is that i'm glad i didn't shell out cash for a GP2x, i think this system is going to be more popular, especially the mini. That would be great to take anywhere.
I can get you a mini now, except this mini is modded to be better. It has a larger screen and uses the super cheap SMC storage media. I call it the GP32, and for 30 monthly installments of £250 it's yours.

finty posted on Jul 30 2006 at 06:32 PM said:
Angel posted on May 17 2006 at 06:02 PM said:
I can get you a mini now, except this mini is modded to be better. It has a larger screen and uses the super cheap SMC storage media. I call it the GP32, and for 30 monthly installments of £250 it's yours.
If you are going to make somebody look like a fool atleast get your facts straight:
-you are thinking of the xgp kids, not mini
-sd is far cheaper and superior to smart media(unless you are being sarcastic...)
;)
Just putting that out there,
OMars

Dzz posted on May 17 2006 at 12:59 PM said:
Draken posted on May 17 2006 at 09:56 AM said:
What's there to discuss?
Well we now have a clear answer to the status of the product line:

We have no idea when it will ship and the specifications have not yet even been decided.

See ya in '07.

hahahahaha... looks like you can read translated korean / gamepark speak

I'm saying the company sucks, not the GP32. GPH eventually gets around to fixing problems, GP almost never did.

JaqMs posted on Aug 6 2006 at 12:27 PM said:
Saying Gamepark sucks means your are saying the GP32 sucks.

This is a similar argument to "You know who else didn't like the GP32? ..... Hitler." Not everyone was in love with the GP32, man. And you can like a company without liking its products. Personally I don't really care either way about the GP32, but I can say what I like about GP and it has no bearing on my thoughts on the GP32..

Back