Eduke32

terminx said:
To get music to work, all you should need is SDL_mixer compiled with integrated Timidity and a working MIDI patchset.

timidity should just work, ive put the patches and the etc file on the nand and its worked for prboom/hhexen/hheretic
ive been thinking of maybe getting a pnd package together for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Timidity is one of those things that really should just be included in the NAND to begin with.
/me goes off to file a bug report.

Would it be at all possible to walk forward/backward/strafe left and right with the left nub and freelook with the right? I can only freelook with the left one.

Then the controls would be the same as quake2 (well, the moving around part.

Would leave the dpad and 6 buttons for other actions which is plenty for duke.

Sorry to bump this, but did music get sorted?

Did you get chance to look at this again mindlord?

jonlad1 said:
Sorry to bump this, but did music get sorted?

Did you get chance to look at this again mindlord?

I'm thinking the same thing, after buying Duke 3D Atomic Edition in the GOG sale today.

The HRP pack looks amazing, hope the OpenGL renderer can be rewritten to work.

I can't do much of anything until my Pandora is back from repairs. I really don't understand OpenGL or GL/ES well enough yet to patch it to work with 3D acceleration... but who knows.

Can anyone tell me if the nubs are supposed to work in any form? An earlier posts suggests the left one works with freelook, but I get nothing.

Thanks.

Has there been any progress on this ?

Is there any way to use the build level editor on the pandora ?

A new job has severely slowed any progress that can be made on any of my ports. If someone wants to take the reigns of this one I'll gladly show the minuscule changes I made to make this work. It really was nothing at all.

As for the level editor, I think it may have built cleanly. I did not test it however. Odds are it's included in the PND, but does not have an associated icon. If you start the eDuke32 launcher and check the "/mnt/pnd/eduke32/" folder you might find the level editor executable already there, not sure though. I do not have my Pandora at the moment to verify any of this.

Is Eduke32 available for download anywhere? I checked this thread and the link that was posted to download is dead.

mindlord said:
A new job has severely slowed any progress that can be made on any of my ports. If someone wants to take the reigns of this one I'll gladly show the minuscule changes I made to make this work. It really was nothing at all.

As for the level editor, I think it may have built cleanly. I did not test it however. Odds are it's included in the PND, but does not have an associated icon. If you start the eDuke32 launcher and check the "/mnt/pnd/eduke32/" folder you might find the level editor executable already there, not sure though. I do not have my Pandora at the moment to verify any of this.

Thanks for the info mindlord. I did check the directory but it didn't appear to be in there.

Just so it may slightly help others:

The duke3d.grp file must be put in the <SD>/pandora/appdata/eduke32/ directory.

(Yes, don't laugh, somehow that took me 30 min. before I figured it out.)

Dead1nside said:
Just to let anyone know, if you don't own a copy already it's on a 20% sale on GOG, or 50% if you buy some other Apogee games too: http://www.gog.com/en/promo/apogee_games.

Right, is there any way of getting this to run fullscreen? If not, I'm gonna have to grab the source and do it myself. So to save me the ball-ache of messing around in C....

Anyone?

D.

Back