Emails to remaining preorders.

I haven't got an email yet. Makes me wonder if even if things went well in production I'd have ever gotten a Pandora. I suspect I'm on Ed's list, but thats never been made clear, and it isn't clear if people on Ed's list get an email from Craig. The only information I get, as an original first batch preorder, i have to dig out of these unclear forums, and much of the information cant be considered accurate as it's posted by other users. I have better things to do with my time. I'd be a much happier customer if I'd find an email from the OP team in my in box once in a while. If they had been considerate enough to send me an email, say a couple years ago, I might have kicked in, but after nearly four years and no emails, sorry boys. It's the difference of feeling part of a collective effort or a sucker. I'm afraid I'm the latter.

Each time I log in I find out I'm further from getting my Pandora then I was the last time and anything that was supposed to be happening hasn't. These emails from Craig are an example of that. It's been 72 hours an no email. If I wasn't supposed to get an email because I'm on Ed's list that should have been said in Craig's original posting.

I won't be PM-ing my name or email, I'll just wait.

Soldier on, Craig. (and solder on) I will continue donating. Please everyone chip-in what you can, to bring the saga to a happy end.

Cheers

@Stingray:

"Almost four years"? Considering ED was already fulfilling his 2009 orders at some point, I'd guess you're at Craig's queue. Or how wide is the "almost"? Well, Craig's original preorder queue sits somewhere around first or second of October 2008, in any case. Meaning if you are a non-upgraded original preorderer and have waited LESS than four years, then you shouldn't have gotten a Pandora yet via Craig. And I think I remember reading that ED has sent emails at some point, which further suggests you're in Craig's queue (if it really is the case that you haven't received any emails since ordering).

You can also confirm this by checking the email address you got your order confirmation from. If it's from openpandorasales, then you're on Craig's queue. Not sure what it was for ED.

And no, I don't think ED's customers will receive this particular email. And I hope Craig will announce once he has sent all the emails. If by then you still haven't received the email, THEN you should start to worry.

HI question is when you ordered.

And from where.

If you order from Germany you are in ED's queue.

Otherwise you are in Craig's queue and this means you should get from email from Craig(openpandorasales)

Also if you are ED's customer you got upgrade email thing from ED before right?(not in this month when 1GHz test production was started)

Last edited by a moderator:
3 years, 7 months plus to be more precise. My understanding at the time was that March 31 2009 was the cut off for first batch pre orders. I remember scrambling to get my payment in so I wouldn't miss this opportunity. The openpandorasales@gmail.com address was used, correspondence was with Jacquelyn who guaranteed placement in the first batch, have the email. I've had to change my email twice since, and have done this and confirmed it through the openpandorasales@gmail.com address.

I like the boys, and the project, but given the patience exercised by myself and others, you'd think they would send an explanation by email once and awhile. This has been my only complaint, I don't like digging through forums of rumor and conjecture, though I appreciate the effort. Imagine my delight when I stop in, as I occasionally do, and find I'll be getting an actual email! I've been heard and they are sending emails in the next 72 hours! I know there are many things a person can't control, CC, parts becoming outdated, and others I'm not aware of. Sending emails and sending them when you say you will is controllable.

3 years, 7 months plus to be more precise. My understanding at the time was that March 31 2009 was the cut off for first batch pre orders. I remember scrambling to get my payment in so I wouldn't miss this opportunity. The openpandorasales@gmail.com address was used, correspondence was with Jacquelyn who guaranteed placement in the first batch, have the email. I've had to change my email twice since, and have done this and confirmed it through the openpandorasales@gmail.com address.

I like the boys, and the project, but given the patience exercised by myself and others, you'd think they would send an explanation by email once and awhile. This has been my only complaint, I don't like digging through forums of rumor and conjecture, though I appreciate the effort. Imagine my delight when I stop in, as I occasionally do, and find I'll be getting an actual email! I've been heard and they are sending emails in the next 72 hours! I know there are many things a person can't control, CC, parts becoming outdated, and others I'm not aware of. Sending emails and sending them when you say you will is controllable.

Definitely Craig's queue then.

$350?! :D $443 + $350 = ~800$ - eight hundred bucks!? You gonna be kidding me. after two years of waiting so big dissapoint.

also, where's my refund? I want a reaily actual UMPC, more powerful than 1mHz for a price without "+$350" - real power for real price and not in "two months. "

today is not 2008/9 or even 2010. GTA3 and all emulators now can run any chiniese thrasn android with ARM 1200 Mhz and mali 400 on board

thanks.

I can only go as fast as GC can produce them, forwarding people to Ed just takes up Eds time and makes absolutely no difference.
Well in some cases shipping is faster and cheaper from his location, I know you had some German orders too, it would be a waste of resources to sent it to you so you just send it back to Germany later. Besides ED can batch-ship to US (Link) to save costs and you can't.

I like the boys, and the project, but given the patience exercised by myself and others, you'd think they would send an explanation by email once and awhile.
AFAIK ED did send some mails to those who ordered from him.

I can only go as fast as GC can produce them, forwarding people to Ed just takes up Eds time and makes absolutely no difference.
Well in some cases shipping is faster and cheaper from his location, I know you had some German orders too, it would be a waste of resources to sent it to you so you just send it back to Germany later.

Ed has said he wants me to collect the money and ship the units.

Besides ED can batch-ship to US (Link) to save costs and you can't.

Why can't I? We're doing it for the iCP2.

It might have been nice to let people know that, well, their order hasn't been thrown away. Yes, the term "upgrade" was used, but no other indication was made that they are still in line for a Pandora (especially since the last email sent out from Craig was a newsletter in September 2010). Could have mentioned that manufacturing was moved to Germany and that new units have 512MB RAM. Not everybody visits the forums, you know (which is what I thought the point of this email was). Also, I facepalmed at the Super-Pandora 2.0 bit.

By the way, first batcher here, still waiting.

Edit: Looking again, I see the bit about Germany, though it is still talking about the 1GHz unit there.

Super-Pandora 2.0: Powered by blast processing

Craig: That email was pretty damn poor on the english..... :S

Only got the mail about the "OpenPanodra" this morning, and if he's doing it in alphabetical order he must be just about done. OpenPanodra? Craig should get someone to proof read and review such important mails as this. "Super Pandora 2.0" and all the 'upgraded' parts indeed ... last thing he needs is false advertising issues on top of everything else.

For me I'm kind of sick of android's 'toy linux' and touch-screen tablets too for that matter, so I said yes. With the exchange rate changes since then $350 isn't as much as I started with.

For those coming here after reading that messy email, I feel obliged to inform that "Super Pandora 2.0" is normally known as 1GHz unit (nobody calls it that "super" name here) and Craig originally started offering them in June:

http://boards.openpa...how-to-get-one/

However, due to some misfortunate events many of those who ordered back then still don't have their units:

http://boards.openpa...rent-situation/

EvilDragon, who runs the production now, is also offering upgrades here:

https://www.dragonbo...ndora-1ghz.html

AFAIK so far everyone who ordered from him directly when they were in stock, got their unit.

For those coming here after reading that messy email, I feel obliged to inform that "Super Pandora 2.0" is normally known as 1GHz unit (nobody calls it that name here)

D:

Maybe it stands for Super Zaxxon Pandora in 2.0 months™?

Even more confusing will be the Pandora 2 spam threads; people will be wondering if their unit will have the iCP2 keyboard, exclusively microSD, runs Android natively, and a 1080p screen. And if it starts flamewars for no apparent reason.

Back