EvilDragon's Pre-Order Survey Thread

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Just a quick information:

I got the results of the survey.

Everyone who chose to upgrade for 270 EUR will get an eMail real soon as well as the first ones who selected to get it for 200 EUR.

If you haven't gotten your survey link email although you tried to contact Craig, you can also let me know your details.

In that case, send me a PM with your order number and address and choose what you would like:

* A 1GHz RIGHT away (for 270 EUR)

* A 1GHz (for 200 EUR), would be the next ones to get it.

* A 1GHz (for 150 EUR), they come after the 200 EUR ones

* A 1GHz (for 100 EUR), they come after the 150 EUR ones.

* A Rebirth (without any payment), though this might take a while

* A CC unit (without any payment), should happen faster as well

Although this will upset some people it really does make the most sense for everyone involved to get as many out there as soon as possible.

With this new information you should allow people to up their amount though if this plan changes their max amount.

This is very exciting.  If you're going to be getting money in for what was previously thought to be lost money, things could start moving really quickly.

Everyone who chose to upgrade for 270 EUR will get an eMail real soon as well as the first ones who selected to get it for 200 EUR.

If you haven't gotten your survey link email although you tried to contact Craig, you can also let me know your details.

In that case, send me a PM with your order number and address and choose what you would like:

Ed,  Good news but incomplete.

I assume people waiting for P2 have to wait for it's development if ever.  But what about refunds?  Are refunds after all the above or just out of luck?

doob

Consider that to be part of the result of the survey. The survey results are in, with a bunch of people all having selected "Wait for P2", "Get refund", "Pay xxx to get a 1ghz" and so on. This is a development for those who selected "Upgrade" in various versions. Actions for other categories will most likely come later.

What were the amounts of responses for each option? Just curious.

Does that mean you know:

1) How many in total are in Craigs queue and the aprox length it will take to clear

2) How much money you need to cover *exactly* all of the queues based on the euros they will pay.

3) How quickly and how low you will be able to drop the current price of the Pandora in your store.

Numbers, Numbers, Numbers, Numbers, Numbers :)

Last edited by a moderator:
So if I understand correctly, the people who pay more get further ahead in the queue? That sucks, but if it's necessary to ensure I get my Pandora this year, then I'll deal with it.

Thread title was a bit misleading, I thought I was finally going to see the results as per the title

^^^^^^^^This thread was made by a moderator id say. ed posted the original in a different thread, hence misleading a tad.

Can somebody explain the situation for people who already paid for the 1 GHz upgrade yonks ago. Are we being asked to pay 270 euros more to receive the unit now? I will not burn any more money on this after all the promises last time were never met.

So if I understand correctly, the people who pay more get further ahead in the queue? That sucks, but if it's necessary to ensure I get my Pandora this year, then I'll deal with it.

It makes the queue move much faster though, the more money that comes in quickly, the faster we move through the queue.

Also, while I don't care about numbers, percentages would be nice :)

Can somebody explain the situation for people who already paid for the 1 GHz upgrade yonks ago. Are we being asked to pay 270 euros more to receive the unit now? I will not burn any more money on this after all the promises last time were never met.
I thought craig had delivered all outstanding orders for the 1ghz queue or very close. i think there was a total of 150 in the first batch. You certainly won't have to pay again if you have already upgraded for a 1ghz. that would be madness. Pm ed perhaps. he might be able to help. Can't remember if he's handling craigs remaining 1ghz pre-orders though.

The results of the survey posted here  are preliminary id say. full info will be forthcoming from ed in due course.

"* A Rebirth (without any payment), though this might take a while"

What does "might take a while" mean?

Are we talking

Days

Weeks

Months

Years

????

And once again the rich get ro there goal faster - then the ones that had to scratch together every dime and only because the belive in this project did not ask for a refund

That's a totally understandable way of looking at it, but you could also look at it as: the rich are keeping money flowing into the project which is keeping it all alive (so us that don't have spare money still have a hope of getting our units).

Super Duper....but how do you spell EVIL?

Not there yet......10 hours and counting...can ANYONE see what the problem is?

Back