Faster delivery/upgrade - Craig's orders

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
If you want to upgrade your order, please paypal to:

openpandorasales@gmail.com Put your order number in the topic as well as 'upgrade'.

Include details within the email.

Prices are the same as Ed posted, but in £/$ they re:

It's £69.99/$111 ex VAT. (If you're outside the EU).

It's £84/$132 inc VAT

Ed is shipping some units to me very soon so best to prepare to do this this week.

People who have already upgraded need do nothing, we're preparing to ship your orders

already.

Hi Craig,

i ordered at your shop in June 2010. I asked a few times after payment for the status, but I didn't receive an answer.

My order number is 25SWN1710WSB, can you tell me when I will get my Pandora?

Because I don't know how long, and so I don't upgrade...

Thank You in Advance

Just verifying.

So if you upgraded recently with the site that Ed put up, which didn't involve any money being transferred yet, then just wait for now?

Ed will contact you with the information I've posted above.

Note that you don't have to make this payment *right now*, you can do it anytime before we receive the units.

I'm just putting the information here early so it's well known and you can make arrangements, and also so that

we can manage it rather than having a flood.

Hi Craig,

i ordered at your shop in June 2010. I asked a few times after payment for the status, but I didn't receive an answer.

Thank You in Advance

I feel the same. Sadly I expect we will not get this information.

But it would be a better motivation to do the upgrade if we knew the estimated delivery dates with or without upgrading.

However, about your order - dont hold your breath waiting for it. I ordered 16-march-2009 from the same place and I still havent heard anything.

Hi Craig,

Thank You in Advance

You will get it as soon as we get it from Germany to ship it.

Hi Craig,

Thank You in Advance

I feel the same. Sadly I expect we will not get this information.

But it would be a better motivation to do the upgrade if we knew the estimated delivery dates with or without upgrading.

However, about your order - dont hold your breath waiting for it. I ordered 16-march-2009 from the same place and I still havent heard anything.

Currently it isn't possible to make a decent estimation aside from 'You will get it this year'. I'd love to say 2months but these days I'm much more reserved about it all.

Sorry if i don't get it:

- should I go to paypal and do the payment

or

- should I wait for instructions by email (but now be prepared to do the payment)?

I ordered fall 2010

I registered for an upgrade 2012-03-06

You should make the payment when you're ready, ideally within 7 days as we will have units from next week.

*disclaimer* Anything could happen between now and then, they could be late, delayed, a plane could crash, a boat sink etc. so when I say 'next week' right now that looks to be right, but it could be 8 days, it could be 10.

You will also not necessarily get them in that time frame, it's only when the units start to arrive.

Last edited by a moderator:
As Buddy from the Incredibles might say, if everybody upgraded, would that mean that nobody upgraded?

I'm just wondering if it is actually worth me upgrading or not? Is there anyway of knowing the proportion of upgrades to non-upgrades?

During the last three years we learned that estimation calculation of pandora delivery is useless. We do have an actual stable production, but the next hardware tweaks to replace the out of production 3530 CPU could show issues and the production could be interrupted again. Upgrade or not should depend on 2 facts only. First: You can't wait longer and you want to get your pandora as fast as possilbe. Second: You want to support the project. If your answer is yes to one of them, then upgrading is worthy for you.

I need a metal holder for my iControlpad as well since I got mine before they were around. Can I just add the $9.99 to the paypal amount and include a note in the email?

Hi Craig,

Thank You in Advance

A friend of mine and I both ordered in October 2009 and we haven't heard anything yet. Keep in mind that a lot of later pre-orderers have probably upgraded their orders, which pushes you back toward the end of the pre-order queue. If production continues stably at 1000/month, then it will still take ~4 months to clear all of the 1200 remaining pre-orders. So, If you don't want to wait another 3 months, then you should upgrade now.

You should make the payment when you're ready, ideally within 7 days as we will have units from next week.

*disclaimer* Anything could happen between now and then, they could be late, delayed, a plane could crash, a boat sink etc. so when I say 'next week' right now that looks to be right, but it could be 8 days, it could be 10.

You will also not necessarily get them in that time frame, it's only when the units start to arrive.

Thank you for your answer.

So I make the payment (when i'm ready, ideally within 7 days) _but_ before/without any email notification?

Well, I can't wait any longer, so I've paid the money for the upgrade.

I'm going on a trip next month, so I want to bring it with me.

Well, I can't wait any longer, so I've paid the money for the upgrade.

I'm going on a trip next month, so I want to bring it with me.

I remember thinking that when I was on a trip. To Canada. Last year :p

Hope for the best, expect the worst ;)

Yep, I want on holidays in October last year and hoped to have it by then. So this is me expecting the worst, that I won't have it for this trip either...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Back