Fba320 V1.0

Hi Slaanesh
I've found that the volume control is disabled, when playing MArvel vs Street Fighter. In fact, you can increase the Volume but not lower it. Plus it seems that's it's impossible to quit the game by pressing Select+Start+L
+R.
Cheers

Are you planning to implement SAVE-LOAD STATE function in the next version of MAME4ALL and FBA320?
Thanks for the great emulators!

Hi there, first thanks for fba320, really good emu.
Just wondering if you are going to release your win32 toolchain, i wanna give it a try with code::blocks :)

yeaaaaaaaaaahhhhh finally fixed my linux problem :) wrestlefest on dingoo

thank you so much slaneesh :) :)

i hope that you can improve speed a bit.. as WF is only 20 fps or less @420 mhz with 8000 kb sound :)

I know I'm a bit late, but I only just got to try this out

All I have to say is, wow! Marvel vs Capcom works very well! It's not a PERFECT framerate, but it's so very playable. Much better than the built-in emulator IMO.

Great work slaanesh!! Keep it up!

This is fully sick to say the least, great work indeed. I am blown away by playing these games on a cheap handheld. Thanks again.

I think the next release should focus on the compatibility for cave and pgm.Can't get Final fight run?Why?

I think we all need to be grateful Slaaneesh is doing this at all, and be thankful for whatever he gives us and quit whining so much.

Kalisiin said:
I think we all need to be grateful Slaaneesh is doing this at all, and be thankful for whatever he gives us and quit whining so much.
Of course I appreciate his work.I just post some of my advice :)

Last edited by a moderator:
volanic said:
Kalisiin said:

No, you post YOUR WANTS...without caring what anyone else's wants may be.

Personally, I want more work on the SHOOTERS. Screw the fighters, I want the SHOOTERS to work better.

Kalisiin said:
volanic said:
Kalisiin said:

Personally, I want more work on the SHOOTERS. Screw the fighters, I want the SHOOTERS to work better.

Ok.That's my fault.Hopefully Slaneesh didn't get bothered.

volanic said:
Kalisiin said:
volanic said:
Kalisiin said:

Ok.That's my fault.Hopefully Slaneesh didn't get bothered.

Probably not. slaneesh is pretty cool.

All the same, though...my point is that we should, yes, point out bugs...so that they can be fixed...but we should not be telling Slaneesh what direction to go on what to make better for our own personal wants...I'm sure he will take into account what most people will use.

Incidentally, I posted what I did about the Shooters, up above...just to make a point...to show you what it looks like to the guy who's doing damn hard work to bring us this EMU at all. I just think we all need to cool out...and be a little more thankful, and a bit less demanding.

I'm happy with all suggestions. I don't take things personally, so don't worry. It's pretty difficult to offend me.

I'm a fan of shooters myself so I would be leaning towards this as well. I also enjoy fighters too - especially the Neo Geo KOF series. I don't mind some of the CPS2 fighters too.

There are some games that don't have sound - I think Batsugun is one example. Basically FBA doesn't support sound for this game (yet).

Anyway I'm hoping to get some speed increases too with a little optimization here and there and get some more games working.

slaanesh said:
I'm happy with all suggestions. I don't take things personally, so don't worry. It's pretty difficult to offend me.

I'm a fan of shooters myself so I would be leaning towards this as well. I also enjoy fighters too - especially the Neo Geo KOF series. I don't mind some of the CPS2 fighters too.

There are some games that don't have sound - I think Batsugun is one example. Basically FBA doesn't support sound for this game (yet).

Anyway I'm hoping to get some speed increases too with a little optimization here and there and get some more games working.

Very cool!
Just wanted to speak up for you a bit, Slaneesh, because I know how it sometimes feels like everyone just makes demands, and then you end up getting burned out, and then nothing gets done.

I just think people need to be a bit more appreciate of those, like you, who do so much for us.

I know, I have volunteered for many things in my life...and I know just how far a simple "thank you" can go...and how easy it is to get burned out when you never hear it.

So, at least for me, I want to thank you for all your hard work so far on MAME and FBA!! I AM curious, though, if you have any future plans at trying to port either of these over to the DS. Or if it is even possible.

P.S. for any who have been having trouble with Altered Beast, on MAME...has anyone tried Juuouki? That is the Japanese version of the same game.

I have no intention of support the NDS as it really doesn't have the speed in the right areas for MAME. The NDS hardware speciality is the opposite of how most PC-ported emulators work.
When the hardware is used, it can an result in spectacular emulators. See Flubba's range of NDS and GBA emulators. Amongst the best I've seen.

The problem with Altered Beast is with the M68K core emulation. I will fix this for the next release.

slaanesh said:
I have no intention of support the NDS as it really doesn't have the speed in the right areas for MAME. The NDS hardware speciality is the opposite of how most PC-ported emulators work.
When the hardware is used, it can an result in spectacular emulators. See Flubba's range of NDS and GBA emulators. Amongst the best I've seen.

The problem with Altered Beast is with the M68K core emulation. I will fix this for the next release.

Most cool. Thanks - and thanks for explaining that about DS. Because I have noticed some MAME stuff works, and works well on DS. I guess not enough of it does to justify a port of something like MAME4ALL, though?

ON EDIT: Actually, Slaneesh, with all honesty...here would be my NUMERO UNO wish for FBA...the ability to turn the screen, like you can with MAME...so that I could then move 1941, 1942, and 1943 over to FBA instead of MAME.

I can't stand playing those games holding the Dingoo sideways, it drives me batshit.

One CAN play them, currently, over on FBA, with the dingoo held normal, but then it appears to be a side-scroller instead of a vertical scroller - and that is just not what one is used to on those games.

I'd really love to be able to flip them.

Currently, the only choices on FBA for Video Aspect is Normal, Scale Fast and Scale Horizontal...all of which give the same result...the screen needs to rotate 90 degrees to make the game better.

not complaining, just requesting if you could do that.

slaanesh said:

glad to hear that.. i know another aussie related to the emulation scene that gets offended very easily :) and even calls himself a "guru" :) :)

Back