Release Final Burn Alpha ported to Pandora (FAQ in first post)

Thanks very thanks

sega games run very good

I m not play with knigt of valour and you ?

lolo

As said before, any sega game that uses FD1094 protection won't work, you will have to find a bootleg. Some games might not have a bootleg version, Thunderblade is one.

I am really the only one who just get a black screen while the games are running? :huh:

No, I get that for quite a few games too - Thunder Blade is one.

D.
OK, maybe I really have just tested the wrong games or the wrong versions. I checked some CPS2 Games like 1944 Loop Master, Marvel vs. Capcom, Progear, Mars Matrix, Super Puzzle Fighters and some more. All had a black screen, all were clones by the way, I need to find the original versions somehow (green/blue colours in the gamelist), maybe this helps.

CPS2 games have some protection in them, so probably most ROM dumps people have are modded to remove the protection; most emus cannot live deal with the original ROMs as is, but basicly.. if the emu wans the originals and handles the protection, it may not work with the unprotected versions and vice versa, unless they're clever.

I sold most of my CPS2 boards off since they're a pain to keep alive .. every few years, gotta switch a super-cap (capacitor) on them, that acts as a battery to keep parts of the board alive; if it runs dry.. dead; if you screw up the swap of the cap.. dead. Annoying little bastards :)

I was playing Mars Matrix on my CPS2 real hardware the other night .. that game drives me crazy :p

jeff

I am really the only one who just get a black screen while the games are running? :huh:
magician lord does that with me game seams to be running fine without picture strange?

Works great, Afterburner now runs super smooth.

yeah except you cant move up and down.

Addendum: It appears you're right - I can move very slightly up and down, but it flicks back to level flight almost instantly. Could be something to do with the controls - they're a bit squiffy at the moment. Powerdrift has a similar problem, only when you start steering you can't stop without steering the other direction; and that means you go bouncing down the road off the sides for much of the game.

D.

Has anyone got magician lord ,nam 1975 or samurai shodown 1 running without encountering a black screen or reset tried 3 different roms no joy is it just me?

CPS2 games have some protection in them, so probably most ROM dumps people have are modded to remove the protection; most emus cannot live deal with the original ROMs as is, but basicly.. if the emu wans the originals and handles the protection, it may not work with the unprotected versions and vice versa, unless they're clever.

I sold most of my CPS2 boards off since they're a pain to keep alive .. every few years, gotta switch a super-cap (capacitor) on them, that acts as a battery to keep parts of the board alive; if it runs dry.. dead; if you screw up the swap of the cap.. dead. Annoying little bastards :)

I was playing Mars Matrix on my CPS2 real hardware the other night .. that game drives me crazy :p

jeff

Did razoola not post a fix for this on the cps2shock boards? to solve cps2 suicide battery problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many (but not all last I checked) boards can be reflashed with a modded rom to avoid the problem; I've not gotten around to it, and its not for all games.

In the end, I just sold most of those off .. just don't need SF Alpha etc, though had to keep Dark Stalkers and the D&D games :)

jeff

What are the very most 'impressive' games that run under FBA currently, anyway?

Show your list and screenies if you can :)

jeff

Awww, again no emulator luck for me. The games are running but I have just a black screen, sound and music runs, also controlls respond but no image. I used my old FBA ROMS from the GP2X and they ran fine there. :(

I downloaded a complete new set from FBAnext (r455, iirc) and let clrmamepro fix it all up. Out of the 6GB of ROMs from the download, it pulled in 1.6GB of files for FBA. Quite a lot of them fail, but there's usually bootleg or clone sets that work.

Just need to get these small sound hiccups fixed, and we're away!

D.

Can you point me to any good instructions on how to use clrmamepro to accomplish this?

Awww, again no emulator luck for me. The games are running but I have just a black screen, sound and music runs, also controlls respond but no image. I used my old FBA ROMS from the GP2X and they ran fine there. :(
I downloaded a complete new set from FBAnext (r455, iirc) and let clrmamepro fix it all up. Out of the 6GB of ROMs from the download, it pulled in 1.6GB of files for FBA. Quite a lot of them fail, but there's usually bootleg or clone sets that work.
Can you point me to any good instructions on how to use clrmamepro to accomplish this?

There's a dat file linked that you can use in ClrMamePro - http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=1827

Use that, and tell it to auto-fix everything. The only ROMs I didn't download are the NeoGeo ROMs - they're about 4GB and would likely all be used, inflating the ROMset size. However, I only really downloaded this for the Sega games (and Truxton, which unfortanately doesn't work) so missing the NeoGeo games isn't of much consequence. MAME4All handles most of those better anyway - it can stretch to fullscreen, which FBA cannot.

D.

Hey Dave, along with the pause request, does FBA support "save states"? SS would be killer for this, but if it's not possible, I'll gladly take a pause feature and call it a day. This has been getting a ton of use over the last few weeks. Great work to all invloved.

Chris

Here's the thread to remind people of the pledges: http://boards.openpa...burn-alpha-port

Good to see mention was made of a possible team effort. This definitely needs to go to both guys, assuming they want part of it. Link is a little busy so his contribution will have to come later.

I hope everyone honours their pledges. I don't fancy getting involved in administering it though.

I have inquired about paying my bounty; the authors involved, thus far, haven't answered.

Back