Firmware 2.1.2

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
Its kind of funny that firmware 3 came out, because I actually have firmware 2.1.2

Awhile back I sent my gp2x back to Korea for a hardware fix. I had version 2.1.1, it came back with 2.1.2
Nothing seems different. Maybe im the only one with 2.1.2

It's the same thing with a different bitmap in the kernel loading screen (it's the 2.1.x code they have in SVN). Maybe they were planning on a 2.1.2 release but never did it?

Orkie said:
It's the same thing with a different bitmap in the kernel loading screen (it's the 2.1.x code they have in SVN). Maybe they were planning on a 2.1.2 release but never did it?
No idea, Im not really into checking the low level files to compare difference with previous releases. I figured they would release it shortly there after.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
Its kind of funny that firmware 3 came out, because I actually have firmware 2.1.2

Awhile back I sent my gp2x back to Korea for a hardware fix. I had version 2.1.1, it came back with 2.1.2
It's you and me, then, eh? B)

Moxie said:
Pickle said:

It's you and me, then, eh? B)

hmmm, we could start a rumor of a new improved special rare edition GP2X only released to a select few that allows the gp2x to run N64 full speed

hackgrid said:
yarrr pirate it :D
that might make me a stupid pirate since isnt most of it gpl'd? :unsure:

That firmware exists since 2006/12/26, you can download it in the GP2X korean webpage:

h**p://www.gp2x.co.kr/data/data_std_view.asp?bunho=5&indexNo=171&page=1&part=00&chk=&direc=

The problem is that there's no way to now what are the changes (that are probably minimal).

Any korean reading this to translate it?

CoMiKe said:
That firmware exists since 2006/12/26, you can download it in the GP2X korean webpage:

h**p://www.gp2x.co.kr/data/data_std_view.asp?bunho=5&indexNo=171&page=1&part=00&chk=&direc=

The problem is that there's no way to now what are the changes (that are probably minimal).

Dang, and I thought i was special :(

I have this mystery firmware installed too. Has anyone gotten Dosbox working on it? It doesn't work for me (I get some really weird error), and I'm wondering if it's the firmware revision.

CoMiKe said:

I just did a quick babelfish on the page and this is what it turns up....

Download: gp2x-f100_2.1.2_061227.zip Size: 2.59 M Knock-down possibility: 615

How are you. The game park hall ting su is.
After up-to-date firmware 2.1.1 updating ' example the GP2X-F100 Firmware 2.1.2 which amends the problem points from of the machinery and tools which it sells ' is.
Sells and pe cyen example and it is applied in the overseas sale machinery and tools.
* The father thing it comes out to poem and pe cyen 2.1.2 and it comes out at the system Info to it is a normality with 2.1.1.

--------------------------------------
The RAID contents of function Ub

The point which is amended 2.1.1 pe cyen with it is same but example confirmed that the problem occurs from in the machinery and tools which it sells and it amended.

The RAID method of firmware Ub

* The RAID of Ub to the case which it will do after updating with 2.0.0 firmwares of mail boat lower part, it advances it wishes from 1.4.0 versions.

1. Knock-down in the best grade root folder of the SD card it releases the compression of the anger day which it receives and it copies.
2. The Start+Select when it raises all the member with the as it presses the button the firmware update is advanced.
3. When the place Yes where the screen which asks after function update progress yes or no comes out (the B button) it selects, tens first editions the screen which it rakes up is maintained, it is a condition where becomes the patch inside it is waited and.
4. When all it is completed, it eliminates the anger one field which it copies in the SD memory.
When (it does not eliminate, the father thing every time the update selection screen floats and.)

When the battery discharges to the RAID center of firmware Ub, the possibility of decreasing a damage in the product it is after charging the battery completely, use and designation AC U teyp sprout and to use.

* Reference: The internal organs child pulley khey syen this sense information
The GP2X the internal organs child pulley khey is not applied syen (the menu, the gun toe and north) this sense the GPL.

GPL/LGPL application fact
The boot loader, kernel and part library and the child pulley khey is applied syen this GPL and the LGPL.
Will want information which is more detailed the case which, the http: //gnu.org/copyleft It refers to the LIcense folder of the site or GP2X NAND memory it wishes.

GP2X relation GPL/LGPL application source security method
It refers to the site of the case lower part where the source cord which is amended is necessary,
Liaison it gives with this mail which is recorded in the lower part and it wishes.

http: //dev.gp2x.com
http: //svn.gp2x.com/gp2x/tag
dev@gp2x.com

In the source which the GPL and the LGPL is applied other than in addition liaison it gives with the case dev@gp2x.com which and will have the source whichis more necessary it wishes.

The case which it will register in the place which is different this data this sense contents lower part and register the documents which are attached together and.
-----------------------------------

The gun it sprouts, pul The overseas sale machinery and tools is to it will not be a calendar? ? 07|2| 10| 15:19:21

East present Well! calendar dominion the case song which corresponds? 07|1| 8| 22:50:27

Now obviously the translation is alittle funky, but what do you expect for a free online translation tool, but it is pretty simple to follow. :p

The GP2X the internal organs child pulley khey is not applied syen (the menu, the gun toe and north) this sense the GPL.

I'm scared.

Someone should get it and put it onto the archives for others to use. I've been trying to guess my way through the registration but get nowhere :p

GameGod said:
I have this mystery firmware installed too. Has anyone gotten Dosbox working on it? It doesn't work for me (I get some really weird error), and I'm wondering if it's the firmware revision.
.70 is working, although i see a shared library error for some games

Sorry to refloat this post, but I think this could be interesting. :ph34r:

I've been Googling a little and I've finally found a direct link to download the GP2X firmware v2.1.2. :)

http://gp2x.co.kr/data/data_download.asp?i....1.2_061227.zip

I think the download can be trusted, as it's from the gp2x.co.kr domain, so it should be the official download.

Should I upload it to the GP2X archive? :blink:

Have you tried it out?
I wouldn't upload something to the archive unless I've personally tested/played/installed it myself ...

Back