Futher Newbie Suggestions...

And then they get frustrated because they can't get any help with there new $200 (or so) toy, almost always there is a person who has just joined trying to get help. Why must we all hate newbs so much? seriously the only difference between a newb and a gp32 hardcore is the hardcore's have been around long enough to catch onto everything. This does not apply to Guru's, though! They usually just ask for help once or twice then they're releasing cool stuff...

Yes. It's more important to have patience and to be nice to newbies, even if they do make mistakes to start with. It's the same in all online (and offline I suppose) communities. Pushing them away does nothing for us or them.

I agree with all of you. Throwing a newbie that does not read anything before posting into our community is a bad thing.
For the guy, because he has to ask many questions he could have found quickly if he has searched. For other ones, it pollutes the forum with useless posts.
Yet excluding newbies is not a solution, it will only get them frustrated and they will go on other forums.

If only newbies did know how to enter smoothly in a community....

Maybe if thers a section on the boards strictly for noobies that wud help it wud stop them from posting on the main boards all the time with silly question's.

Edit: with a thing above the section say newcomers post here. I'm not entirely sure but im only suggesting as i think it wud help.

What if you made a newbie section, and newbies have to post there first. And you need at least 10, or 50, or whawtever ammount of posts to post anywhere else...

Mofokubik posted on May 18 2004 at 05:07 PM said:
What if you made a newbie section, and newbies have to post there first. And you need at least 10, or 50, or whawtever ammount of posts to post anywhere else...
bloody hell you make it sound like an rpg with a higher level mob zone <_<
It's a forum ffs don't get ahead of yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
kknd_cf posted on May 18 2004 at 08:29 PM said:
Mofokubik posted on May 18 2004 at 05:07 PM said:
bloody hell you make it sound like an rpg with a higher level mob zone <_<
It's a forum ffs don't get ahead of yourself.
Excuse me, but i've been to forums such as this (with a post requirement) and it drastically decreases Useless and/or Spam posts. If you just joined, there's no reason to be posting in the completely unrelated anyways. Most people joined for help and help only, and it's frustrating for mods when newbies bombard the wrong forum with a bunch of simple questions and have to move 40 topics a day.

EDIT- Here are some examples:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=10585 (p.s. SM64 is not for snes)
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=10574
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=10514
etc etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Back