Fw 1.4 Lcd Settings Image

DaveC

Internal Development
I have this LCD test screen for the adjuster. The MonaLisa thing is quite useless for actually seeing what you are doing (sorry Leo'). This image seems more useful as you can judge greyscale gamma and the left side of the screen is black so you can see if that line appears. It was buried in another thread but I udated it to be more useful. I put number values so people can compare settings with a real value other than "mine is a little to the left" This really shows the interlace so it really helps tweak it.

Copy
Code:
#!/bin/bash
cp /mnt/sd/set_lcd.png /usr/gp2x/imglcd/set_lcd.png
cd /usr/gp2x
exec ./gp2xmenu

Into a .gpu file in root, making sure the extensions are Unix (LF) (you can use Programmer's Notepad to do this).

Then make sure this image file below is in the root of the SD card:

set_lcd.png

IntenseWage posted on Feb 19 2006 at 05:39 PM said:
How do I switch the default image with this?

Umm. Did you even read DaveC's post? I'm going to assume you aren't completely stupid and just forgot to read his post.

Last edited by a moderator:
chronomitch posted on Feb 19 2006 at 10:52 PM said:
IntenseWage posted on Feb 19 2006 at 05:39 PM said:
How do I switch the default image with this?

Umm. Did you even read DaveC's post? I'm going to assume you aren't completely stupid and just forgot to read his post.

I edited my post and added the info.. Not his fault :)

Unfortunatly, an image such as this would not help with my GP2X. I have tried one before, and only very severe ghost lines showed up on it. The slight ones only show up when there's motion, or where there are very odd color values. Also, I've lately noticed my screen flickering while playing music, watching movies, moving the joystick, booting up... and it's getting really annoying. I'm trying to contact GP32z about a replacement, luckily I know a few more ways than other people to contact them (I was in contact with David over his Zodiac before he even started GP32z). So hopefully I'll have some luck.

EDIT: Incorrect pronoun.

DaveC posted on Feb 19 2006 at 11:33 PM said:
I have this LCD test screen for the adjuster. The MonaLisa thing is quite useless for actually seeing what you are doing (sorry Leo'). This image seems more useful as you can judge greyscale gamma and the left side of the screen is black so you can see if that line appears. It was buried in another thread but I udated it to be more useful. I put number values so people can compare settings with a real value other than "mine is a little to the left" This really shows the interlace so it really helps tweak it.

Copy
Code:
#!/bin/bash
cp /mnt/sd/set_lcd.png /usr/gp2x/imglcd/set_lcd.png
cd /usr/gp2x
exec ./gp2xmenu

Into a .gpu file in root, making sure the extensions are Unix (LF) (you can use Programmer's Notepad to do this).

Then make sure this image file below is in the root of the SD card:

set_lcd.png

Stop updating it :p I have to keep updating it. I also have a 1.4.0 firmware thing with this file in it.

jmetal88 posted on Feb 20 2006 at 12:27 AM said:
Unfortunatly, an image such as this would not help with my GP2X. I have tried one before, and only very severe ghost lines showed up on it. The slight ones only show up when there's motion, or where there are very odd color values. Also, I've lately noticed my screen flickering while playing music, watching movies, moving the joystick, booting up... and it's getting really annoying. I'm trying to contact GP32z about a replacement, luckily I know a few more ways than other people to contact them (I was in contact with David over his Zodiac before he even started GP32z). So hopefully I'll have some luck.

EDIT: Incorrect pronoun.

Everyone has these problems. Stop moaning and wait till its fixed. I find it very hard to get a decent setting with mine too. Just live with it.

The scanlines really haven't bothered me that much so far. The only thing that bugs me is the joystick and I have full confidence that (forgot his name) will finish his d-pad project and we'll all have the option to use a d-pad.

sam fisher posted on Feb 19 2006 at 06:41 PM said:
Stop moaning

First time I've moaned, how can I be considered for 'stopping' when it's not something I consistantly do?

Besides which, GPH supposedly replaced a resistor after the first few runs (my info screen says mine is #68) that minimized the flickering. This is why the first 500 Korean preorder units were recalled.

EDIT: That is GP2X #68, not run #68.

jmetal88 posted on Feb 20 2006 at 12:56 AM said:
Stop moaning

First time I've moaned, how can I be considered for 'stopping' when it's not something I consistantly do?

Besides which, GPH supposedly replaced a resistor after the first few runs (my info screen says mine is #68) that minimized the flickering. This is why the first 500 Korean preorder units were recalled.

That is only in the first 500 Korean ones. That number is what number yours is in the batch. Mines something like #53 in my batch.

sam fisher posted on Feb 19 2006 at 07:05 PM said:
Stop moaning

That is only in the first 500 Korean ones. That number is what number yours is in the batch. Mines something like #53 in my batch.

But it is the same problem that the first 500 Korean units had. I know that mine is a different batch, but I've heard that the gamma problems DaveC keeps going on about are related to that resistor, and apparently the first 3 batches have that problem (mine looks to be 2nd batch, although I think that might be 3rd batch, if they started w/ 0).

Believe me, if you saw the kind of flickering I'm seeing you would want to send it back (a very noticable washing-out of all dark colors and a brief return to normal before it does it again) and it is definatly not scanline-realted. It literally makes movies unwatchable for me, seeing the screen constantly flash at me....

EDIT: Now, you can tell me to stop moaning. Now excuse me while I try to get at some dust.

jmetal88 posted on Feb 20 2006 at 01:33 AM said:
sam fisher posted on Feb 19 2006 at 07:05 PM said:
Stop moaning

But it is the same problem that the first 500 Korean units had. I know that mine is a different batch, but I've heard that the gamma problems DaveC keeps going on about are related to that resistor, and apparently the first 3 batches have that problem (mine looks to be 2nd batch, although I think that might be 3rd batch, if they started w/ 0).

Believe me, if you saw the kind of flickering I'm seeing you would want to send it back (a very noticable washing-out of all dark colors and a brief return to normal before it does it again) and it is definatly not scanline-realted. It literally makes movies unwatchable for me, seeing the screen constantly flash at me....

EDIT: Now, you can tell me to stop moaning. Now excuse me while I try to get at some dust.
When did you get yours?

I used your code executed in Utilities. Screen turned black had to reboot. Original Pic still there. Sidenote great idea the mona lisa is worthless lol

theoddbot posted on Feb 20 2006 at 01:46 AM said:
This image will be in the next cramfs release, thanks DaveC.

Cool, hope it helps.

Oh I updated it a little again, sorry Sam :ph34r:

DaveC posted on Feb 20 2006 at 05:10 AM said:

Cool, hope it helps.

Hi,

DaveC usually i feel you like Grumpy :p.But your pic is much more usefull than the GPH one so,

very thank you!!

Bye

Herc. :ph34r:

Cool, hope it helps.

DaveC thanks for the image. It's much more useful than the GPH effort. I did change the orange part to a softer colour. I used a script to copy the file over without any problems.

Thanks.

sam fisher posted on Feb 20 2006 at 12:41 PM said:
Its ok. after destroying 100 odd gp2x's worlwide (more if gp32spain havent taken that file down) I have only just fixed mine a reflash is still required anyway :p

Sam,

To put you at ease, I got a reply to the message I sent to GP32Spain.com and the download link has been removed. I think they had about 29 downloads.

Good job I spotted the download link while I was browsing there or it could have been a lot more. ;)

NeoStuey posted on Feb 20 2006 at 03:33 PM said:

Cool, hope it helps.

DaveC thanks for the image. It's much more useful than the GPH effort. I did change the orange part to a softer colour. I used a script to copy the file over without any problems.

Thanks.

sam fisher posted on Feb 20 2006 at 12:41 PM said:
Its ok. after destroying 100 odd gp2x's worlwide (more if gp32spain havent taken that file down) I have only just fixed mine a reflash is still required anyway :p

Sam,

To put you at ease, I got a reply to the message I sent to GP32Spain.com and the download link has been removed. I think they had about 29 downloads.

Good job I spotted the download link while I was browsing there or it could have been a lot more. ;)
Indeed, thank you. I don't have a gp32spain log in. If gp32x's own news had been uptodate it could have been worse. Also DaveC that script doesnt work for me
It just goes to a black screen.

Back