Getting The Best Snes Emulation On Your Gp2x

I´ve got fps limiter: off, frames skip: 0, fast sprites: off, transhack: off, vsync: off, fullscreen: off, anything else except sound: off. And i tried the cpu_speed from an old LCD/CPU tweaker version, but had the same problem. Does this script actually work by anyone else?? :blink:

I just copied what Vimacs posted from the readme and stripped out what I didn't think was nesessary.

EDIT: Hang on, perhaps it's something to do with you using cpu_speed.gpe in the script, instead of removing the .gpe on the file.

I removed the .gpe from the script and from the filename. Still doesn´t start squidgesnes instead of the cpu tweaker. :blink: <_<

Aninhumer posted on Jul 11 2006 at 01:55 PM said:
I just copied what Vimacs posted from the readme and stripped out what I didn't think was nesessary.

EDIT: Hang on, perhaps it's something to do with you using cpu_speed.gpe in the script, instead of removing the .gpe on the file.

That should have nothing to do with it. In my scripts I point to the cpu_speed.gpe that I have in "/mnt/sd/apps/cpuspeed 2.0/cpu_speed.gpe", and it works just the same.

Edit: mtracy, check out this thread: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=28163

you may be able to figure out what is wrong from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I realy have no idea what it could be. But when i´m in the cpu tweaker after running the script and press X it doesnt show me the test picture, but starts sqidgesnes without saving the settings i just made (like cpu speed: 250 or so). Does anyone have the cpu_speed.gpe v1.3?? Because i´m not sure if the one i tried earlier was the old one or the new one.

tshroom posted on Jul 11 2006 at 04:58 PM said:
Can you just use regular notepad for the scripts?

No, you need to use one that can support Unix line endings (at least I think that's the term :lol: ).

I've also found that opening the readme's for a number of games/emus for the GP2X in the programmers notepad makes them much, much more readable (probably due to those unix line endings).

SquidgeSNES should really just have a CPU clock selector in the menu. Most intensive emulators are getting them these days, and this one doesn't run that well without some sort of an overclock.

Anyone else just getting a black screen?

Checked everything twice and downloaded all the new files. WTF?

**EDIT**

"5) Set line endings to Unix: Tools > Line Endings > Unix (LF)"

I'm such a dumbass.

:eek: 30fps solid w/ sound on Fire Pro. 266mhz, fs1

*reads all previous posts 3 times, attempting to sort out all the details*

I think my brain just popped and hemmoraged. Ow!
Me not know code stuff. Hurts.

I don't have any programming tools. I have a hammer, soldering iron, several twist ties, zap straps, wire caps, ice fraps and glue that makes me feel funny.

Could someone possibly write a frontend to handle all the little settings that the scripts need to take care of, until Squidge or someone else revamps the menu to handle these things? Might save the non-programmers/ scripters from popping a tube.

Awesome thread, just what i needed to bring back overclocked SNES goodness to my 2.0 firmware. Thank you all! :)

It's been pointed out that you need the old version of the LCD/CPU Tweaker for the script to run. Does anyone have a link to this please? If not, we'd better adapt the script to make it work for the new version. Oops.

Happy to see it worked for rmatheso :)

Did you remove the extension on it?

Enter the folder, clockspeed and gamma setting and it'll create a script for you to right-click and save. Unix line endings are taken care of. You may want to rename the file it creates, as it's currently just a random string.

Make sure you have cpu_speed in your root folder.

GPE writer

I haven't got my gp2x here to test it, so if anyone's able to help, I'd be grateful. Thanks!

An amended guide ;)

1) Download SquidgeSnes and transfer all files to SD card

2) Download the latest MMU Hack of SquidgeSnes and replace previous squidgesnes.gpe file on your card: http://rapidshare.de/files/25698544/squidg..._0.37c.zip.html

3) Generate script: GPE writer

4) Finally, transfer CPU/LCD Tweaker]CPU/LCD Tweaker (cpu_speed.gpe) to card (top-level, not in a folder) and rename to cpu_speed rather than cpu_speed.gpe (ie. no extension).

Running your saved script should now start the latest version of squidgesnes at your desired clockspeed.

rmatheso posted on Jul 12 2006 at 10:47 AM said:
ste_167 posted on Jul 12 2006 at 03:40 AM said:
Did you remove the extension on it?

Nope.

Did you have cpu_speed.gpe in your script?

Just to point out, as some people are doing it. The full address to squidgeness.gpe isn't needed.

For example:

/mnt/sd/Emulators/Snes

should be entered in the textfield as

Emulators/Snes

Just saw this thread and was going to attempt this for the first time, but the link in Step #2
is dead.

Bummer.

Back