Getting The Best Snes Emulation On Your Gp2x

This script should work if you have snes.gpe in a folder called 'squidgesnes_0.37mmu' in the SNES folder.
You haven't removed the .gpe from cpu_speed, so I've added it to the script instead.

#!/bin/sh
/mnt/sd/cpu_speed.gpe 1 0 260 1.0
cd /mnt/sd/SNES/squidgesnes_0.37mmu/
./snes.gpe
sync
cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

Download here

Ste, you missed out the /Games/ sub-directory in his folder structure. It should be:

cd /mnt/sd/Games/SNES/squidgesnes_0.37mmu/

[and yeah, vossy, make sure that the executable in that directory is snes.gpe (all lower case)]

ste_167 posted on Aug 7 2006 at 06:03 AM said:
**You will need to rename the folder 'squidgesnes 0.37' to 'squidgesnes0.37' as spaces will stop the script from working.

Will the Unix string literal not work to make spaces in the script i.e. 'squidgesnes\ 0.37' ??

Last edited by a moderator:
It should, but I'd be on the lookout for buggy programs that don't handle it properly.

Maybe someone could zip all the files in the correct way (ie a working set) and upload the whole folder onto the net so we can download them (I would, but I'm not sure if mine is working properly).

Here is my layman's commentary of what the script does.
Please verify and answer my queries. Thanks!

#!/bin/sh * start a shell*

/mnt/sd/cpu_speed 1 0 260 1.0 *Change the cpu speed to 260 or whatever*
cd /mnt/sd/<Name of folder where you've transferred 'squidgesnes.gpe'>/ * set the default directory to the folder where the emulator is stored on the SD card*

./squidgesnes.gpe * Run the emulator*
sync * What is this command? *

cd /usr/gp2x/ * set the default directory to the root folder on the Ram of the gp2x. *
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu * Run the default menu *

Query 1: What happen to the cpu speed after exiting the shell?
Query 2: Can the default menu be replaced by the better menu available in this forum?

Back