Games That You Can't Wait To Play On Your Pandora.

Armada 2525, DOSBox:
A simple, addictive and surprisingly hard to master space strategy game. It's too slow to play on the gp2x :(
armadaap3.gif

+ countless of Amiga games

If it can play Manic Miner and Mario Kart SNES perfectly, I'll be happy. The rest of time I will be tinkering - and maybe even get 'round to coding a lil' game or app for the device!

Marvel vs. Capcom CPS2
Don't get the PS1 version of this it sucks bad
Marvel_vs_Capcom_Ryu--article_image.jpg

Ristar Genesis
Very colorful platformer on the genesis
ristar-1.jpg

If we see Dreamcast emulation these are definitely worth getting.
Capcom vs. SNK 2 Dreamcast
this and MvC2 were awesome
Capcom%20Vs%20Snk%202%20grande.jpg

Sonic Adventure 2 Dreamcast
One of the best games from the dreamcast library
sonic-adventure-2-03-m.jpg

Crash Bandicoot Playstation
1 Player awesome platformer, you can't not like this.
Crash_Bandicoot1.jpg

Seiken Densetsu 3 SNES
A 3 player action rpg, it's worth a try
sd3.gif

Mainly PSX:

Ace Combat 3!
ace3_screen001.jpg

Spyro:
spyro3_2.jpg

Tenchu 1 and 2:
tenchu2b7screen032os1.jpg

Medal of Honor 1 and 2:
imagen4.jpg

Cool Boarders:
ahdhjtafjfj.jpg

Silent Hill:
silent_hill_1_alleydog.jpg

as well as the classics like Metal Gear Solid, Ridge/Rage Racer, Crash Bandicoot, Final Fantasy 7/8/9, Resident Evil etc.

Anything Mega Man, firstly (that covers games from at least the NES, SNES, PSX, CPS1 and CPS2, GBA, and the obscure DOS and GG ones). :D That's my favourite game series of all time.

Adventure Island II, Kid Icarus, Darkwing Duck, Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 2 (J), and 3, and Street Gangs (EU version of River City Ransom), all for the NES.

Super Mario World, Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts, Kirby Super Deluxe (a.k.a., Kirby Super Star/Kirby's Fun Pak), Earthworm Jim 1 and 2, and Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, all for the SNES. Also, Star Fox and Star Fox 2. Damn fine games - the "revised continuity" ones which wrote them out of existence, that began with Star Fox 64, simply cannot hold a candle to them, in my humble view. :p

Sleepwalker, Fire & Ice, Fantastic Dizzy, Pinball Dreams, Lemmings, and Little Computer People; Amiga.

Jazz Jackrabbit, Commander Keen: Invasion of the Vorticons and Goodbye Galaxy! (iD Software's only store offers both of these sets for $10, download-only, if anyone's after them :p), and Skyroads, for MS-DOS.

Short Circuit, Pitfall! II: Lost Caverns, Park Patrol, Yogi's Great Escape, Scooby-Doo & Scrappy-Doo, Quick Draw McGraw, 3D Pinball - Pinball Power, and Rick Dangerous, for the C64.

Gargoyle's Quest, Metroid II: Return of Samus, and Super Mario Land, for the Game Boy.

Klonoa - Empire of Dreams -, Klonoa G2: Dream Champ Tournament, and Jazz Jackrabbit, for the Game Boy Advance.

The entire Rocket Knight Adventures series - Rocket Knight Adventures and Sparkster for the Mega Drive, and the completely different Sparkster for the SNES.

High Seas Havoc, a not-too-well-known Mega Drive platformer by Data East (known as "Capt'n Havoc" in Europe, and "Captain Lang" in Japan).

Strider! :D Also, Ghouls 'n' Ghosts, Mega Twins, Three Wonders (Midnight Wanderers rules :p), Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Final Fight, Captain Commando, Bubble Bobble, Bubble Symphony, The NewZealand Story (the earlier version, which was also ported to most home systems, rather than the later revision :p), Liquid Kids, and Puzzle Bobble 2.

The three games in the rather obscure Kaizou Choujin Shubibinman series for the TG-16/PCE (the second game was translated as "Shockman", and was the only one released in English), plus the equally obscure spin-off BS Kaizou Choujin Shubibinman Zero (roughly the series' equivalent to Mega Man X) for the Super Famicom.

Alien Crush for the TG-16.

Klonoa - Door To Phantomile, Heart of Darkness, Namco Museum Vol. 5 (excellent because it has the only English-language release of The Legend of Valkyrie), Croc: Legend of the Gobbos, and Wild ARMs (this is an excellent RPG, and the only one I have ever found fun or engaging - highly recommended, if you can find it :)), all for the PlayStation.

The above represents a sizeable chunk of my game collection (the arcade games listed come from compilations I've bought, though I do have an actual PCB of one title :p). I don't think I'm going to be bored for a long long time. (And if you guessed that I like platform games a LOT, you win a cookie. :p)

In addition to those, I'm also very much looking forward to PandoraPanic!, Superlumenal, Galactic Artifact (if indeed it is released for the Pandora :)), and ports of things like SuperTux, Quake II, Solar Wolf (if do'able :p), and so on.

I'm probably forgetting a whole bunch of stuff, but this post is plenty long enough as it is, now, so I'll end it here. :p

Capn_Fish said:
These come to mind:
-Urban Terror (as soon as Quake 3 is ported at a decent speed)
20070915140157834_5.jpg

it already runs great on the iphone (omap 2420?) :p

Last edited by a moderator:
nikkopt said:
it already runs great on the iphone (omap 2420?) :p
Have you got a link?
I don't think it runs on iphone.

Prometheus said:
Short Circuit, Pitfall! II: Lost Caverns, Park Patrol, Yogi's Great Escape, Scooby-Doo & Scrappy-Doo, Quick Draw McGraw, 3D Pinball - Pinball Power, and Rick Dangerous, for the C64.
Amazing game, that.

Check out this awesome remix of the music.

Hmm....

PSX: Final Fantasy VII-IX, , Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid, Castelvania - Symphony of the Night, Wipeout, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, Vagrant Story

Genesis: All Sonic Games (Including Sonic 2 Hacks Ultimate, Remix and Harder Levels), Street Fighter II Hacks: Champion, Special, New Challengers. Thunder Force 2/3, Streets of Rage Series, MUSHA, Mega Man - Wily Wars, After Burner II, Contra Hard Corps

Sega CD: Vay, Lunar Star 1&2, Android Assault, Snatcher

NES: Contra, Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros Harder Levels, Bionic Commando, Castevania, MegaMan 1-6, Zelda 1&2, Excitebike

SNES: Super Metroid, Batman, TMNT, Mega Man X, Final Fight, Secret of Mana

GBA: FFTA, FE 7&8, Pokemon Shiny Gold, Legend of Zleda, Kingdom of Hearts, Tales of Phantasia

N64: Super Smash Bros

GB/GBC: Adventure Island, AVP

MAME: ALL NEO GEO GAMES!!! 1943, Metal Slug

TG-16: Final Soldier

TGCD: Dragon Slayer, Ys Book I&II,

ScummVM: Broken Sword

Pseudonym said:
Squidge said:
Yes, the Pandora will run .gpe files. In fact, if you use the gp2x build environment then your programs will run under both the gp2x and Pandora (the exact same executable) without modification.
That's because gp2x and pandora are both arm-linux platforms.
But closed-source games like Payback or Cave Story are compiled the way, they give "Illegal instruction" when tried to execute on another device.
Another problem is they are compiled to use gp2x controls/screen and Pandora would have to have it emulated somehow.
But I'm no developer, don't quote me on that. I might be totally wrong :p

And back to the topic:
Fish Fillets - Next Generation
ffng-chest.png

It's open source. The only problem there could be is if all the levels will fit on pandora's screen.

most of the original lucas arts titles

I think I will even replay full throttle :)

and hopefully sometime warcraft 2

And for nostaligia reasons I hope an MSX emulator will be made for pandora :)

But assuming Cave Story's original source Gp2X source is still floating around is it such a challenge to get that running on the Pandora right? I thought it was just a matter of compiling the code with the adjustments for slightly different controls.

Pixel's move to let Nintendo port the game always seemed odd to me, seeing as the original is so openly available for free still, My assumption is he only agreed to it since he didnt have to do any work on it and they wanted to up the graphics for the wiiware version, so as long as we're not producing a competing version (like if Nintendo wanted to make a PC or portable DS version) it's probably not such a big deal.

Alpha2 said:
But assuming Cave Story's original source Gp2X source is still floating around is it such a challenge to get that running on the Pandora right? I thought it was just a matter of compiling the code with the adjustments for slightly different controls.

Pixel's move to let Nintendo port the game always seemed odd to me, seeing as the original is so openly available for free still, My assumption is he only agreed to it since he didnt have to do any work on it and they wanted to up the graphics for the wiiware version, so as long as we're not producing a competing version (like if Nintendo wanted to make a PC or portable DS version) it's probably not such a big deal.
unless the porters, or really anyone who had the sourcecode for any port wanted to come forward and pass it along to someone, it might work, but it's not exactly widely available and the port would be tricky to distribute anyway

ultima 7 with exult (picture already posted) and ultima underworld (if dos emulation is going to support it)

angrydd (won't run out of the box because of the 800x600 interface, but hopefully a port won't be hard)
f66aae42e25ef993e0ece82e6294eb74.png

a few scummvm games

at least one pygame crappy game I hope to be able to write :)

Personally, I have visions of setting the Pandora up on a bigole TV, setting up 4 wii-motes as controllers, and firing up some old-school Amiga awesomeness: Ebonstar!

ebonstar_01.png

ebonstar_02.png

ebonstar_03.png

I intend to play it until I go blind.

valhalla said:
angrydd (won't run out of the box because of the 800x600 interface, but hopefully a port won't be hard)
f66aae42e25ef993e0ece82e6294eb74.png
Angrydd (a.k.a. Angry, Drunken Dwarves) looks a lot like Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, so you could play that instead (through CPS2 or PS1 emulation):
super-puzzle.jpg

Back