Gbax 2005 Reactions & Reflections

woow so many games a almost no time to play them... minigames are cool, another world looks great but I already finished it few years ago and fgb is awesome, who cares about missing sram with all those opimizations and warlock of firetop mountain rocks :p Great work everyone! Thanks!!

Another World: too dark :(

Bang GP: not bad

Bocket: I got confused it's like bop-it

GP Sudoku: too lazy right now

Hugo2: fun

The Mini Gmae Project: great game needs more mini games and look at the awesome splash screen :roll:

Qwarage: looks promissing

Rotor: little big... decent little awkward controles tho...

Space Dodger:reboots during intro when I hit start.... decent movement a little awkward

Spotz: doesn't seem like any fun....

Twins: nice matching game

Tyrannosphere: couldn't get to work

I will try the others later

if I missed any

AAARRRRGGGHHH!!! Can somebody put this in huge writng all over the forum?

There's a slight bug in the naming of a program in mine,
Download here
Http://l33t.spod.org/~goity/Tyrannosphere.rar
Or Alternatively Add this to Your Tyrannosphere Folder and Rename Tyrannosphere.fxe to tyra.fxe.
Http://l33t.spod.org/~goity/tyra.dcb

Would you be able to note this with my entry
Craig?

Last edited by a moderator:
@demonstar - its :rolleye s: without space :p

Minigame project Pwnz.. I love it! :D
F-day preview is excellent and no-one shouldve bitched about anything... How often are there 4 emu releases at once? People really shouldnt complain at all... :D
Bang gp is decent.. i dont much care for it though
Happy giant is kinda cool... but a bit hard to play...
Havent tryed anything else yet...

argh i want to play Another World!!! the intro looks so promising, but ingame i almost cant see anything so its unplayable on my nlu.

I'm slightly confused over all the excitement from some people about Another World when the Megadrive version is perfectly playable on DrMd.

@Flipside

Yes, there are a few sprites, enough to play a wave within the wave editor.

SEUCK had been the first game I ever bought for a computer.
I had to safe money for 6 months to buy it :)

Really looking forward what's this gonna turn out like :)

You won't have long to wait, this project's a bit more within the range of my abilities ;)
What version of seuck did you save up for ED? I had the ST version although I found it a bit hard to use, I hope mine is easier!

@Belgarath going out on a limb I'd say the port runs at a lower clockspeed than you'd need to emulate it at full speed.

edit: I've just tested Another World, it's also far superior to the MD version!
Good Work! :)

Hi people! Did you like my game, Rotor?

I agree with Quiest it's a little hard to play but if you arrive to the boss, I think you'll find it very cool !
You got 9 lives after all... :)

The full version will be better anyway, this demo was made just to show some nice 3d bgs... :p
Very impressive looking game madog. I need more practise with it but it is fun.

My only niggle with it is that I'd have the sprites a contrasting or darker colour compared to the background so that they really pop visually. At the moment they are too similar in colour.

Other games that I've now played but haven't commented on yet:

Bang GP: Another great looking game although I personally prefer a light gun with my shooters that is obviously not an option here. The pace is pretty quick too which is great.

GhostpiX: Is excellent as expected.

The minigame project: I love the idea behind this. It would be great to see further games added in the future.
Small bug I just experienced. I held start+select after playing the Metal Slug mini game to back to the main menu and it did the split screen bug. First time that's happened for me.

Bocket: I've played only very briefly so I can't really give a fair opinion just yet. I need to work out how to play it yet. ;)

Sudoku: I'm not into the Sudoku craze yet but this is a well presented game that I'm sure will have me scratching my head for a while. :D

Hi people! Did you like my game, Rotor?

I agree with Quiest it's a little hard to play but if you arrive to the boss, I think you'll find it very cool !
You got 9 lives after all... :)

The full version will be better anyway, this demo was made just to show some nice 3d bgs... :p

By the way: Another World rocks!!

Rotor shows much promise. The psuedo 3D looks real cool kind of reminds me of that Iridion game on the GBA. I think you need to slow down the ships a bit and have it so that they come from the direction of scroll. The prerendered sprites are great. It shows much promise. Hopefully this one will be continued.

argh i want to play Another World!!! the intro looks so promising, but ingame i almost cant see anything so its unplayable on my nlu.

Yeah the contrast is poor due to that damn intensity bit again. It looks very washed out on my BLU too.

Note to devs:

TURN OFF THE INTENSITY BIT, IT RUINS THE CONTRAST!!!! PLEASE!!!

Ok now that that is over the game is great otherwise.

I too didn't notice much of a speed increase with Mame 1.2 :( I thought it was supposed to be a very big performance increase? I did notice a few games did run better.

fGB is friggin sweet, I only wish I had more GBC games that were worth playing on it.

There is a very noticeable speed increase. Do this test: Run MrDO! or Ms Pacman on the old MAME at FS0 and 133MHZ. Now run it on the new version at the same speed. Notice the difference? Much improved. Those games had to be run at 166 before to get the same performance. I think a 33 MHz difference is pretty significant. I have noticed speedups on everything else that I have tried. Rygar is now playable speed.

Plus the contrast is much better now, very noticeable on the BLU.

Great release, Thanks Franxis :)

about Mame 1.2... maybe I'm just trying the wrong games then :(

My favorite old MAME game is Gyruss and that one didn't seem to speed up much :( still not full speed at FS2, 166mhz. Odd since it's an older game and I'd think it's fairly simple or not very taxing to run? It's basically Galaga but in a circle (sorry don't know a better way to describe it).

trying a few other games now and yeah some definately are running better like Rygar which you mentioned. Bomb Jack seems to run faster as well.

also the Minigame Project is awesome just need more mini games
The Mini Gmae Project: great game needs more mini games and look at the awesome splash screen :roll:
Thanks, I`m already working on three new minigames atm :D

The minigame project: I love the idea behind this. It would be great to see further games added in the future.
Small bug I just experienced. I held start+select after playing the Metal Slug mini game to back to the main menu and it did the split screen bug. First time that's happened for me.
Minigames will get added :D and I never experienced that bug with my project, but the first time I had this was yesterday with Ghostpix. Must be Fenix issue? I don`t know...

BangGP: It`s a Moorhuhn style shoot`em`up. A bit hard, as the indians in the first level are moving faster as the cursor, so I don`t really like it. And I don`t really know what`s different to the old version.
1/5

hi, the previos version are only 2 "minigames" this are 6 minigames (5 remake, 1 new) and system to select game ramdomly

images of the new levels

saloom.PNG
cartas.PNG

burbujas.PNG
bolsas.PNG

PD:very addictive the minigame of mario :D

@Flipside

Yes, there are a few sprites, enough to play a wave within the wave editor.

Excellent, I'll download it when I get back from my gcses then.

BangGP looks excellent, I've always liked playing Point Blank and Point Blank 2 in the arcades, lets just hope it plays as good as it looks :)

Yeah I finally managed to get to the boss, it looks really cool (it`s almost making me crazy :D). I thought the level is an endless loop at first. And 9 lives isn`t very much...

Some suggestions: Make some sort of healthbar or shield, like Iridion2 I really liked that! And make the laser shots more visible, you can`t really see them on the moving background. Oh and the laser shots behave a bit strange when you fly up and down. Can`t really tell how, but they are misbehaving in relation with the background and the scrolling...

And don`t forget to leave some feedback for my minigame project ^_^

Mmm... the miniproject didn't work on my gp for some obscure fenix reason... :huh:
I'll try again later...

The idea of the healthbar is something I was thinking abuout too... something like shmup levels of Turrican 2 (I know, I know... I'm old... :rolleyes: )
Something I want to do is to eliminate the slowdowns... maybe overclocked fxe can help. Another thing is to do more bg variation during levels but this prendered bgs are really big and gp memory so small :angry: .... I already got something in mind to fix it anyway.

Somebody noticed the real time gamma correction option with L-R?
I kinda think it's a great idea, what do you think?

Back