Gbax 2007 Deadline Passed

Here is a screen:

fakescreennl4.png

euro48k said:
that pacman is looking very very good :)
i smell made-for-gp2x :)

ps.
Unfathomable Depths "pacman" ?
f_screenshotm_bdff2ba.gif

The pacman game is for the GP2x. It is called "Ruck-Man" and it was designed by Ruckage, author of Protozoa for the GP2x.

This is from the entry info txt:

Ruck-Man is a remake of the classic Pac-Man.

Features include:
All new graphics created by myself
All new music composed by Pat Ferguson
New power-ups
4 gameplay modes - standard, fruit frenzy, panic and classic
20 mazes
10 graphic themes

I don't want to toot Ruckage's horn, but Ruckage was nice enough to let me test out Ruck-Man on the GP2x (because I did his music for the game), and this game is the best looking (and playing) homebrew game on the GP2x I have ever seen. He has taken a classic game concept and made it his own, and added tons of improvements. The amount of content he put into this is staggering. When the entries are released for download, look for Ruck-Man for the GP2x!

Last edited by a moderator:
Guyfawkes said:
[UPDATE] Now I have had some sleep and am refreshed from yesterdays flood of entries I can give some more information. There are 61 confirmed entries of which there are 39 GP2X entries, 11 PSP entries, 10 DS entries and 1 GP32. There is a good mix, mostly games but a couple of applications as well as a couple of emulators and demo's. It is a great turnout and while I haven't tried any entries yet, judging from the screen shots it looks like an excellent quality competition!

The entries should be online by Monday night as I need to finish the page which has all the entries with information and screen shots. This takes some time so please be patient, it should be worth the wait. As a teaser I have added four random screen shots which you can see on my site here, they are not any indication of winners, favourites etc. purely random. Stay tuned for more information!

39 GP2x entries! That's quite a jump from last year. Can't wait to see what people came up with!

Pete

pferguso said:
euro48k said:
that pacman is looking very very good :)
i smell made-for-gp2x :)

ps.
Unfathomable Depths "pacman" ?
f_screenshotm_bdff2ba.gif

The pacman game is for the GP2x. It is called "Ruck-Man" and it was designed by Ruckage, author of Protozoa for the GP2x.

This is from the entry info txt:

Ruck-Man is a remake of the classic Pac-Man.

Features include:
All new graphics created by myself
All new music composed by Pat Ferguson
New power-ups
4 gameplay modes - standard, fruit frenzy, panic and classic
20 mazes
10 graphic themes

I don't want to toot Ruckage's horn, but Ruckage was nice enough to let me test out Ruck-Man on the GP2x (because I did his music for the game), and this game is the best looking (and playing) homebrew game on the GP2x I have ever seen. He has taken a classic game concept and made it his own, and added tons of improvements. The amount of content he put into this is staggering. When the entries are released for download, look for Ruck-Man for the GP2x!

Holy shit, that looks tasty!

i want to play them all now!!! - anyone how much longer we are going to have to wait? (i hope we dont have to wait till tomorrow)

Will there be any 3D-games except mine one? Or RPG - I just get bored by these all arcade-type games. 8(

norm said:
i want to play them all now!!! - anyone how much longer we are going to have to wait? (i hope we dont have to wait till tomorrow)
I hope not as well!

quasist said:
Will there be any 3D-games except mine one? Or RPG - I just get bored by these all arcade-type games. 8(
IMO the gp2x better lends itself to games that you can just pick up and play. Not RPGs. That is just my opinion though.

sam fisher said:
IMO the gp2x better lends itself to games that you can just pick up and play. Not RPGs. That is just my opinion though.
What wrong with you? You hard on taking rpg? It touches some old fears in your mind deep?

Make sure you won't miss mine entry

FleshChasmer
(Console-Styled 3D Action-RPG)
fleshof7.th.jpg
Screenshot demonstrates Character's screen.

EDIT: sorry for crappy screenshot - character will die in 4 seconds :)

quasist said:
Mine's in 3D

sam fisher said:
I think all types of games are adequate on the GP2X.

quasist said:
sam fisher said:
What wrong with you? You hard on taking rpg? It touches some old fears in your mind deep?

I'm sorry I think you mis-understood me.

A_SN said:
quasist said:
Mine's in 3D

sam fisher said:
I think all types of games are adequate on the GP2X.

Oh, of course. What I meant is that I myself tend to use my GP2x to play short and quick games. Which usually tend to be arcade games. Payback really being the exception. Of course many people play RPG's on it I'm sure. Its just my opinion that the GP2x is better suited to games that are quick to play etc and arcadey. Sorry for any mis-understanding.

On screenshot looks like a Naruto Beat'em up for the PSP.
This brings me to the point, that the GP2X has no real own 1 vs. 1 Beat'em Up ^^""" (I don't mean the beats of Rage Style, I think on a Streetfighter or Tekken like game)

Is something like this in the contest for GP2X? Maybe 3D? ^^"""

fusion_power said:
On screenshot looks like a Naruto Beat'em up for the PSP.
This brings me to the point, that the GP2X has no real own 1 vs. 1 Beat'em Up ^^""" (I don't mean the beats of Rage Style, I think on a Streetfighter or Tekken like game)

Is something like this in the contest for GP2X? Maybe 3D? ^^"""

Well, there's always "Bare Fist Fighter" if you count that as a 1 vs. 1 Beat'm Up... ;)

Guyfawkes said:
the first post has been updated with a list of entries, authors please have a look for you entry and let me know if there's any problems.
Hmmhmm... lots of interesting sounding titles... hmm.. excellent..

Back