GCW Zero - Open Source Gaming Handheld

OK I've been bombarded by people who wanted the Special Edition but didn't make the 100 special editions if you can buy one above an beyond that I'm in quandery if I should offer more or not? So would anyone be offended if I gave those that requested one a chance to buy one and I would also like to get an accurate count of those that still want one. So if you want one e-mail me gcwnow@gmail.com
I am of the opinion that as long as it does not slow down me getting mine a few more people having a Zero SE is fine by me. :)

If you were able to make the payment yes you got one but if you made it with credit card and not paypal account for some reason no reciept is sent @elwing e-mail me gcwnow@gmail.com and I will send you copy of reciept I received confirming your order...

any news on that screen you were enquiring about gcw?any update on the eta for the gcw?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have preordered one, but right now i don't have enough money (Bad times here in spain). But i will buy it when i have the money (It is number #1 in my "to-buy" list).

Anyway, i think some people might have not yet preordered it because until launch it is not certain how much will the scene become involved with it. Also, many people just prefer to buy things that are already in stock. (remember the pandora? many people preordered it and even now some of them haven't recieved it yet)

If i were you, i would contact each good developer of the dingoo scene and send them a sample unit. (zx81, ayla, bitrider, slaanesh, joyrider, notaz, etc...)

After all, a good scene is what made the Dingoo so popular.

If you were able to make the payment yes you got one but if you made it with credit card and not paypal account for some reason no reciept is sent @elwing e-mail me xxxx@yyyy and I will send you copy of reciept I received confirming your order...

thanks, I DID pay with paypal.... but since I didn't received a single e-mail I was just making sure it was fine... it was aso to save you similar enquiries by other people here :)

edit: you better hide your e-mail and use the forum PM, don't you?

@HiBan yep we are already seeking out developers from Caanoo and Dingoo scene to develop for the console along with current dev team we have in house. No news on the screen at this point and still aiming for Late July to Mid August worst case First of September for release to public.

No matter what Mid July to Early august for all Special Editions.....

Seems like the more early adopters the better, can't get too much interest, but it'd probably make sense to have some kind of queuing system in case of slow production.

I agree, keep accepting purchases for special edition. BUT! Include something unique for the first 100 orders only, maybe a decal or something.

hello every one! joining the Zero hype here, hehe

looks really nice. My only recomendation, distorted fonts are not so great for logos, a small device will have a really small logo and it will be not so legible as in the picture. Anyway, looks cool :)

Heh, yeah it might read 'Zoro' at 6 pt.

@gcw what do you reckon about doing something extra special for the first 100 orders? ;) ;)

You rang!?

zorro.jpg

Zorro :D

It's not a TTF font, the e can be redone easily

You like it better with the "e" like that ?

ud9IL.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, I *love* that. For some reason, the dithering and colour choice puts me in mind of the 1990s, which, given the emulation side of things, is probably a very good thing. :D

I will reopen it for 50 more only but to give the request everyone asked for something else hmmmm how does 4 more chances to win a prototype besides the final product. If I get at least 10 people that have already pre ordered to agree I will move forward.

Back