General Public To Help Assemble Our Pandoras?

Soldering?
No, of course they're not going to do soldering. That's ridiculous. There's so many ways anything can go wrong when solder is involved.
There's even a reasonable number of ways to mess up a case assembly without solder, like putting screws in the wrong way.
And it seems like there's no way to do enough background checking... It's too complex.

Since there's some controversy / complexity / forum threads, I expect OP will just take the cautious road and only have Craigix assemble the Pandoras, as his punishment for suggesting that anybody from the community from assemble them

lulzfish - you want CraigX to jump on a plane and fly over the Atlantic to Texas so that he can snap cases together? That is rather silly.

If I were in the area I'd lend a hand - but it would be rather silly for anyone to spend more in gas or airfare to go help assemble these than the units themselves cost.

I thought Mweston already had a factory in Texas all set up to build these.?.? From the prototype assembly video, it looks 1 Pandora should be able to fully assembled in about 2 minutes - assuming working at a normal careful pace. 4,000 Pandoras is about 133 hours of assembly time. Assuming that each one will get plugged in and run through a 5 minute diagnostic then packaged and shipped... Frankly 4 people should be able to build, test and ship the whole 4,000 batch in a week. So, am I missing something?

Honestly, I don't care who puts my pandora together, as long they don't break the LCD cable doing it or something. I can put the thing together myself if they screw it up. In fact, just mail me the parts and I'll be happy. Anything to speed up getting one at this point.

craigix said:
Heh, wow I didn't think this would be taken *that* seriously.

I think we need to get some sarcasm tags. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
PoisonedV said:
fiori_musicali said:
banjeed said:
Yeah!!! Next thing you know, they're going to let non-certified company professionals start writing drivers and software for the thing and maybe even make us use a OS built by a community.

Messing with my software is one thing, messing with my hardware is another. A void point.
Oh, i see, you don't want just ANYONE messing with your hardware ;)
smooch5dz.gif

I know right? All this talk of his hardware, and and a moniker regarding "the organ"... I'm seeing a trend... and it scares me enough to know for sure I'm exactly the type of person who should not have the internet at my grasp.

sverm said:
Dude. I think we heard you. Wait until somebody at least reads it before repeating yourself.

chill out douchebag, i was posting from my phone and it submitted the reply twice. the other reply was different, and posted in a different thread.

craigix said:
Heh, wow I didn't think this would be taken *that* seriously.

what does that even mean? you were joking when you said it?
that makes sense because the idea of a factory allowing all and sundry in to assemble their products is frankly absurd.

Sphinxter said:
Who would possibly take that seriously. The thought of trying to insure such an event alone makes that whole concept absurd and quite funny.

then he should have squashed it before people starting volunteering their services.
most people on the board (including myself) assumed he was being serious, as ludicrous as such a proposition seems.

gibberish said:
what does that even mean? you were joking when you said it?
that makes sense because the idea of a factory allowing all and sundry in to assemble their products is frankly absurd.
Not really so absurd.
He probably said it in the "here's an idea that I haven't actually put any thought into other than the few seconds to realize that it could help speed things up if it could actually be made to work" kinda way.

WizardStan said:
Not really so absurd.
He probably said it in the "here's an idea that I haven't actually put any thought into other than the few seconds to realize that it could help speed things up if it could actually be made to work" kinda way.
+1

The only problem i have when peaple from the Comunity assemble my Pandora: How can i say "thank you"? i mean i cant help, because a trip to dallas shoult kill my piggy bank

The LCD Cable in EDs Assempling video was a phrototyph and was damaged from tests etc, but the final cable is better and a bit toughter thats no problem..

I recently disassembled and reassembled my DS, and I can say that the hinge cable is a BASTARD. Only people who knows how to assemble these properly should even touch them.

Back