Get Pandora On The Front Page Of Digg!

mazza558

Digg it!

We've done it before, we can do it again. Let's keep interest in the Pandora high for the second batch. I was amazed that the actual homepage wasn't already dugg. Either way, go for it!

You're amazed? Really?

You think that most people are interested in an overpriced handheld gaming device that is sold out until next year?

TBH the timing is not quite right. It has made the front page before, a couple of times I think, it has also been on Engadget a lot. Most people probably know about it already, and those who may just find out about it probably don't want to find that they have to wait until December for a chance at the next batch.

Oh and I wouldn't call it overpriced...Sure it's not as powerful as those Atom-based netbooks around the same price, but for $330 you really are getting quite the deal for what the Pandora is--and what it can do.

it's not news, its a static webpage thats been around a while and is well known. no real chance.

Theres no point....

And your argument that its over priced is pretty dumb. At least 4000 people disagree with you...

LOL... overpriced? Go have sex with your underpriced PSP... seriously, what do people expect? Small developers can't afford to sell their hardware at bargain prices. All the major consoles are being sold far under their actual worth because the big companies can afford to do so and get their profits out of the games they sell... bullshit.

I don't think this needs to be on digg until it has actually come out. We can't even show a real Pandora yet so why should we put it on digg? Just be patient.

Skofo said:
You think that most people are interested in an overpriced handheld gaming device that is sold out until next year?
It is very overpriced as a handheld gaming device. It is also overpriced as a media player. And overpriced as a PDA, not to mention overpriced for a only 900 Mhz srtong mobile linux box...

:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Flame_over.

Anyways, logically it's doesn't really help anything, however it's something to do while waiting so I'm all for it. A little Digg doesn't hurt anyone.

I think it's written a bit too fanboyish, and where is the second CPU?
It's really not the right time for digging IMO

mali said:
and where is the second CPU?
The 430mhz graphics chip.

Plus, there are still a lot of people who've never heard of the Pandora. Digg is a lot more mainstream than Engadget or Slashdot IMO.

mazza558 said:
mali said:
and where is the second CPU?
The 430mhz graphics chip.

Plus, there are still a lot of people who've never heard of the Pandora. Digg is a lot more mainstream than Engadget or Slashdot IMO.

That's the DSP. But calling it CPU is a little confusing. People may interpret that as dual core.

You HAVE to use buzzwords and other sickening marketing-speak to get things on the front page these days. Sorry, but you'll have to put up with it.

mazza558 said:
You HAVE to use buzzwords and other sickening marketing-speak to get things on the front page these days. Sorry, but you'll have to put up with it.
Attitude is not a buzzword.

Attitudix, short for 'Attitude Inspired Graphics Core', could be a buzzword (if it existed!) but Attitude is not a buzzword. It was a word often used for marketing hype in the late ninties, but not a buzzword.

The article, I'm sorry to say, is appalling. It gives very little info, has no pictures, and promotes nothing. As other people have pointed out, there is no point right now in promoting something that isn't available for consumers to purchase. Especially as the OpenPandora website is horribly out of date right now (Q&A 'It is already available to selected developers and preorders on September the 30th for casual users via UK, USA, Canada, Germany and Turkey' for example), which doesn't give a very good view of the company behind the 'dora!

Pleng said:
mazza558 said:
Attitude is not a buzzword.

Attitudix, short for 'Attitude Inspired Graphics Core', could be a buzzword (if it existed!) but Attitude is not a buzzword. It was a word often used for marketing hype in the late ninties, but not a buzzword.

The article, I'm sorry to say, is appalling. It gives very little info, has no pictures, and promotes nothing. As other people have pointed out, there is no point right now in promoting something that isn't available for consumers to purchase. Especially as the OpenPandora website is horribly out of date right now (Q&A 'It is already available to selected developers and preorders on September the 30th for casual users via UK, USA, Canada, Germany and Turkey' for example), which doesn't give a very good view of the company behind the 'dora!

I'll be surprised if it does reach the frontpage now anyway. It's got 4 more hours to get about 30 more diggs.

mazza558 said:
No, you have to make a lot of "friends" and play the system 23/7. Even complete bullshit makes it on the front page of Digg, which is why I left it.

Anyway, buried.

And yeah, the Pandora is overpriced. It doesn't offer enough for its price for most people (4000 people is not most people).

Skofo, thank goodness it doesn't apply to most people. If we had the general public swarming these forums, the mature folks of the community would keel over in seizures. ;)

(Edit: And although I wouldn't like the outcome of the OpenPandora becoming a big-name product, that won't stop me from hoping the best for the OpenPandora crew. :) )

Back