Gmenu2x V0.2 Released

ryosaeba

Certified Guru
Website
mtorromeo.github.com
GMenu2X v0.2 is out and available for download and daily usage.

The interface have been much improved and so has the directory structure. So I suggests to not only update the binary but to copy the whole folder and start from there.

Menu-0.2.png

The links format also changed a bit, there is no more a "screen" directive but in turn a new "clock" directive has been introduced that allows for pre-defined under/overclock on a per-link basis.

The application is available at the project homepage with the updated documentation.
[CUT]
Here is the changelog:
----------
New in 0.2
----------
Interface completely redesigned, now there are 24 links visible at the same time.
Display of free space on sd
Screenshots have been removed
In-Menu Under/Overclocker using the included utility by god_at_hell, Hermes/PS2Reality, Robster, Vimacs (edit script/cpuspeed.sh to tweak other parameters besides clock speed)
Any number of sections supported
Customisation made simplier (just replace bg.png with any wallpaper of size 320x240)[/CUT]

UPDATE
RELEASED GMENU2X V0.2.1
This is mainly a bug-fix release. As always downloads and documentation are on the website: http://gmenu2x.sourceforge.net
Direct download:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gmenu2x....1.zip?download

Changelog:
------------
New in 0.2.1
------------
No more crash in presence of a section with no valid links
Keys and values in links are now trimmed. This means that you can put spaces before and after keys and values (IE: " exec = /path/to/link.gpe " is valid)
Split applications section in applications and settings and added settings/exit link that launches the original frontend.
L and R shoulder buttons swapped

Last edited by a moderator:
If you get a blank screen once the firmware has finished loading, delete all bad links in /section/games/

Outworld1 posted on Aug 9 2006 at 07:27 PM said:
If you get a blank screen once the firmware has finished loading, delete all bad links in /section/games/
Mmm, I should test more. It shouldn't happen, bad links are filtered out by the program (this worked the last time I had a "bad" link).

Meh, its nice, but all those scripts are going to be a pain in the ass lol. Is there any way to use the mocca method and scan the entire SD for the gpe's and gpu's?

PSyMastR posted on Aug 9 2006 at 07:37 PM said:
Meh, its nice, but all those scripts are going to be a pain in the ass lol. Is there any way to use the mocca method and scan the entire SD for the gpe's and gpu's?

It's planned for a future release (probably next). I don't change the content of my sd very often so I can live with it but I know that a scanner is a necessity so I'll work on it...

When trying to create a new section, if there is no link on this directory, the gp2x freeze

Outworld1 posted on Aug 9 2006 at 07:38 PM said:
yes the previous version was working very well

I just noticed that I mistakenly included some ".svn" directories in the archive, don't know if they were the source of the error you reported but I updated the archive in sourceforge.

This is great!!! really superb!
I tryed to make an Quake icon but it doesnt find it, how did you make yours?

Ryo posted on Aug 9 2006 at 08:08 PM said:
Khayman posted on Aug 9 2006 at 07:56 PM said:
This is great!!! really superb!
I tryed to make an Quake icon but it doesnt find it, how did you make yours?

Some icons are from the nuvola icon set.
All you need to do is resize them to 32x32px and they shoul fit well

Yupp it works now! my faulty link...

Back