Release Gngeo 0.8.2

Actually, they are not supported yet (they need special protection features, it's on my todo list).
I've started a long time ago a list of supported game, you can check it. Most of the test have not been done on the pandora, but it can be useful.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuNKTLRzlFiKdGg5TnQteU9tb2NTUVF6d1c2dHdDRmc&hl=en&authkey=CKL2moEK

New Version 0.8.3
- Fix memory issue with crypted roms
- Add an option to strech to 800x480

Note: Save states are broken for now

Available from the repo, the file archive or here http://m.peponas.free.fr/gngeo/download/gngeo_0.8.3.pnd

Great work pepone, do you happen to have a donation link, So I can give a proper thanks?

I'm sorry to hear the save states are now broke, as I never knew they worked before(I never tried them). Hopefully you can fix that along with the few special protection games, and this emu will be just about perfect.

All my games run perfectly now except for Metal Slug 5, and the protection games. Has anyone gotten MS5 to run yet? I tried a few differant versions, and the game will boot up, but then I get a debug menu. It's weird that my whole set works, expt for this game.

I do have a recent mame set, but it is on another computer, so before I go thru the trouble of trying to get the most recent rom, I just wanted to make sure it is running for someone.

Chris

Cool, metal slug 1,2,3,4 and Garou are working fine. Sengouku 3 which wasn't working is now working. Regarding Metal Slug 5,I was able to boot it, but it goes to the BIOS screen where you can test input,sound,etc... and i couldn't get the game started. So almost every game now works flawlessly, one weird thing is that when I try to load Strikers 1945 Plus II it goes straight to a black screen (it doesn't show the loading screen with the nice loading wave).
Pepone thanks for this amazing work.

jumpman said:
Great work pepone, do you happen to have a donation link, So I can give a proper thanks?
Try this:
http://gngeo.berlios.de/

There is a Paypal donation link.
I just made my part :)

Last edited by a moderator:
juliano said:
jumpman said:
Try this:
http://gngeo.berlios.de/

There is a Paypal donation link.
I just made my part :)
WOW, I must be going blind. I went there early this morning to make a donation, and I completly missed that huge link button. Old age I guess.

Well, my donation has been made also.

I'm also having that same Metal Slug 5 problem, so your not alone. So I guess my set is good after all. I've read in the past that MS5 didn't run at some point on NeoGeo emu's, so it may have a secruity issue like a few of the others or some other issue keeping it from running properly.

Chris

According to commentary in mame sources, Metal Slug 5 uses the same additional security chip as KOF2003 and SVC Chaos.

I'm having an issue with sound in GNGEO. I'm not getting any of it when playing a game with it (such as The King of Fighters 2002). Is it fixable and if so, how?

Pinky said:
According to commentary in mame sources, Metal Slug 5 uses the same additional security chip as KOF2003 and SVC Chaos.
Cool. That means it should start running along with the others once pepone adds in support. Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to keep busy with Metal Slug 1-4 until then :p

Chris

Does Gngeo play In the hunt or run and gun ?
I have the rom .zip files for these 2 games but the emu does not seem to recognize them. They are NeoGeo games and I am using Mame 1.42 roms.

The zip folders are called inthunt.zip and rungunu.zip

Eisner said:
I have the rom .zip files for these 2 games but the emu does not seem to recognize them. They are NeoGeo games and I am using Mame 1.42 roms.

I see that In the Hunt was not make for NeoGeo. It was developed by the team who would go on to create Gunforce 2 for Irem and the Metal Slug series for SNK.
It was made for the following platforms: Arcade, PlayStation, Sega Saturn, and Windows.
(Google is King)

Eisner said:
Eisner said:

I see that In the Hunt was not make for NeoGeo. It was developed by the team who would go on to create Gunforce 2 for Irem and the Metal Slug series for SNK.
It was made for the following platforms: Arcade, PlayStation, Sega Saturn, and Windows.
(Google is King)

None of them was for neogeo hardware. In the Hunt should run under Mame .106, but I don't think Run and Gun can run, giving a bad eeprom during startup checksum.

thanks for the new version Pepone, now the roms previously tested are now working flawlessly after I zipped my Bios
(got the error of missing Bios in your new version, so that did the trick)

Is there a way to access Neogeos menue for activating blood in Metal Slug?

Bampt said:
Is there a way to access Neogeos menue for activating blood in Metal Slug?
Normally there is a debug menu that can be accesed during the game. You can select region, blood, ect. I have not found it in the paticular emu, Hopefully it can be accesed at some point.

Chris

Using 0.8.3 and I get sounds just fine.

Donation sent, this is some good work right here, much appreciated, was immersed in these games while stationed in S. Korea in the mid 90s.

Well, I think that Pepone should change the way the sound is outputted from ALSA to something else.

do you have sound issue with every games? I use the standard sdl sound function, so I don't see why it won't work for you.
thanks everyone for your appreciaton!

Yes. I have sound issues with every games. I managed to get it to work somewhat (by somewhat, I mean that I can hear the voices in KOF 2002, but not the bgm during a fight and after I win, I hear a strange melody then there's no sound at all). Maybe you could try a different way of outputting the sound (such as the one that Exaile uses).

Back