Gngeo2x 0.7 Beta 11

On my GP2X when im trying to leave the game on GNGEO using "EXIT", my whole gp2x hangs. And then its just power off left.

whats going on ? maybe its firmware issue ? I've got 3.0.0

Same here. And same firmware. :(

Kof2002 goes to a black screen after loading, the emu did'n crashed.

I can play with my old gfx dumps perfectly in the last beta14, i have tried to transform to the new format and they are not working, so i use my old good dump gfx :)

The only problem is that Metal Slug 3 takes 3 minutes or so to start and then the game is like behind a grille or curtain o_O

Is it possible to solve that bug? Thank you Pepone :)

This emu is near perfection :)

The day Raster works without glitches i will be very happy. :)

Rivroner said:
I can play with my old gfx dumps perfectly in the last beta14, i have tried to transform to the new format and they are not working, so i use my old good dump gfx :)

The only problem is that Metal Slug 3 takes 3 minutes or so to start and then the game is like behind a grille or curtain o_O

you have rom.zip with fake rom for the gfx (less space on sd card) but can't creat .gfx or new one file

Last edited by a moderator:
Yod4z said:
Rivroner said:

you have rom.zip with fake rom for the gfx (less space on sd card) but can't creat .gfx or new one file

I don´t understand your answer o_O My english is not enough good :(

Rivroner said:
Me to. ;)

Well I'm still using the single core stable beta 0.7 of gngeo, the new one sounds a little bit complicated not only because of the new ROM-format etc.
The 0.7 Version has raster-glitches to, this was since the MMU Hack was included into the Emulator I guess.

I hope, the new Dual Core version will be stable soon, and with an easy and simple rom-convertion tool included. :)

Yeah this emu is great but it would be nice to have some sort of ROM GFX file converter that is easy to use. Doing all of the command line stuff is kind of complicated.

fusion_power said:
Rivroner said:
Me to. ;)

Well I'm still using the single core stable beta 0.7 of gngeo, the new one sounds a little bit complicated not only because of the new ROM-format etc.
The 0.7 Version has raster-glitches to, this was since the MMU Hack was included into the Emulator I guess.

I hope, the new Dual Core version will be stable soon, and with an easy and simple rom-convertion tool included. :)

You can still use your old gfx and zipped files, they are working perfectly for me ;)

New format does not work for me.

Maybe i did something wrong.

Hate to dig up this old thread but I've been using this version for a while and it seems to work well and is quite a bit faster than the current stable release, is there going to be an official release?

craigix said:
Hate to dig up this old thread but I've been using this version for a while and it seems to work well and is quite a bit faster than the current stable release, is there going to be an official release?
Well, there is still some issue like some crashing on exit, and also the lack of save state support.
It also seems that the dual core version didn't work on some gp2x. Is it still the case with this last version?
Anyway, on my gp2x, it's pretty stable, and if people can live without save state for 2/3 month (I just need some times to bring it back), then we can consider this last beta as an official release :)

pepone said:
shinra said:
How can I enter service mode in the last beta?
Stick click + vol up + vol down.

How do those of us without the stick click function like d-pad modded units and F200 users get into this mode?

DaveC said:
pepone said:
shinra said:

How do those of us without the stick click function like d-pad modded units and F200 users get into this mode?

Maybe it can be mapped to all 4 directional buttons?

geise69 said:
DaveC said:
pepone said:
shinra said:

That won't help d-pad modded F100s or F200 users with d-pad mods such as the PSP mod etc. Best to have a button combo as an alternative to the click thing (can use either one).

DaveC said:
geise69 said:
DaveC said:
pepone said:
shinra said:

That won't help d-pad modded F100s or F200 users with d-pad mods such as the PSP mod etc. Best to have a button combo as an alternative to the click thing (can use either one).

Ok, I have to change this combo, which one would you like?

pepone said:
Ok, I have to change this combo, which one would you like?
Well my opinion is you can keep the stick click for those that can use it, but just add a combo that will do the same function as well.

I would suggest L+R+Start as exit to menu like now. You could use L+R+Select for the service menu. That seems pretty simple.

Thanks again for this great emu, and the work you do on it :)

I bought my gp2x f-200 for neo geo emulator oh man this release is totally amazing i love the frontend showing the titles and images most majority games play in full speed with sound and now it doesn't freeze at all, it's an dream come true for snk fans to play neo geo on gp2x. :D

Back